Expired Hot Deals

[Epic Games] Gone Home and Hob (Apr 2 to Apr 9) (weekly games)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2020 9:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1713 posts
3228 upvotes
Toronto

[Epic Games] Gone Home and Hob (Apr 2 to Apr 9) (weekly games)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Epic Games
More offers from Epic Games
Ongoing thread:
epic-games-weekly-games-giveaways-2339957/

Please delete if we want to stop doing individual threads for weekly free games.

Gone Home
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... -home/home#

Hob
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/hob/home
4 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1713 posts
3228 upvotes
Toronto
Hey all, I don't like revisiting old thread. Especially my own. But because these are free, just figured I'd give a reminder that this is the last full day. Tomorrow morning a Sherlock game will be the new free one. So we can let this thread die after these two Gone Home and Hob are no longer available. And Drawful 2 will also be gone. But there's been other threads about that one.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21910 posts
25246 upvotes
Toronto
Gone Home installed and started on my laptop. Dell Latitude E5470 . With ATI Radeon R7 M360. Latest ATI drivers. Ran for a few minutes but then computer shut down. Guess it doesn't meet the requirements? Had it set to lowest graphics settings.

Firewatch ran fine.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Apr 7, 2020
197 posts
743 upvotes
Played some Gone Home last night. Decent game and can't argue with the price! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Dec 19, 2006
466 posts
418 upvotes
Burnaby
sprung wrote: Gone Home installed and started on my laptop. Dell Latitude E5470 . With ATI Radeon R7 M360. Latest ATI drivers. Ran for a few minutes but then computer shut down. Guess it doesn't meet the requirements? Had it set to lowest graphics settings.

Firewatch ran fine.
Hmm, your computer should never just shut down if it doesn't meet the minimum requirements. That sounds like a heat dissipation issue. Your laptop likely shut down as a safety measure. Did your fans spin up super loud? They should've; your laptop is going to get hot running Gone Home even with working fans. And if they didn't, that's a straight up hardware failure.