Expired Hot Deals

[Epic Games] GTA V PC GAME Free May 14-21

  • Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 9:24 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7649 posts
4232 upvotes
Toronto
DealyMcCheapskate wrote: These free games are available to play for that period of time, or can you download it and play anytime afterwards. Also, do you have to play it online vs everyone else, or can you play like you would on PS2?
Once you claim it to your account it's yours forever. The game has a full 30-50 hour single player campaign and the online component is a separate mode which I don't recommend wasting your time on because it's an awful grindfest designed to sell microtransactions. The single player is exponentially more fun, especially with mods on PC
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3013 posts
2802 upvotes
Alberta
ReeGee wrote: Once you claim it to your account it's yours forever. The game has a full 30-50 hour single player campaign and the online component is a separate mode which I don't recommend wasting your time on because it's an awful grindfest designed to sell microtransactions. The single player is exponentially more fun, especially with mods on PC
Where the best place to start for single player mods on PC? I last played and finished this on 360.
Sr. Member
Feb 4, 2017
695 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: Once you claim it to your account it's yours forever. The game has a full 30-50 hour single player campaign and the online component is a separate mode which I don't recommend wasting your time on because it's an awful grindfest designed to sell microtransactions. The single player is exponentially more fun, especially with mods on PC
I am playing GTA online and find it very fun playing with other players. The key is not to grind but to do different jobs that are enjoyable (and making money + RP at the same time). Be sure to turn on passive mode if you don't want to get killed by other players online!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8274 posts
2734 upvotes
The story missions in GTA V widely vary in quality. Some missions are very mundane tasks.
GTA Online is fun because there are different objectives, and the randomness of people either trying to help or kill you out of nowhere.
There is also a Casino in GTA V Online, which is not accessible in the main game, where you can do additional VIP missions or play casino style games to earn extra cash.

However, if you get paired up with someone that is modding or cheating in GTA Online, the game often crashes.
You can tell if they are cheating if you are getting bombarded by things
out of nowhere, or if they have things like like UFOs hovering around them and the game freezes up.
Lush78 wrote: Where the best place to start for single player mods on PC? I last played and finished this on 360.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/best-gta-v-mods/


You would have to turn them off or uninstall them before playing GTA V online.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7649 posts
4232 upvotes
Toronto
Lush78 wrote: Where the best place to start for single player mods on PC? I last played and finished this on 360.
This one Menyoo Mod I linked earlier in the thread is the best place to start for an easy "all in one" experience. The install is super straight forward drag and drop steps that takes a few minutes. Menyoo Mod is an incredible powerful trainer/customization tool with literally hundreds of options, cheats, vehicle/object spawner, full player/weapon/car customization, the list goes on and on. It basically turns single player into a sandbox where you have the freedom to use and do practically anything you want.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3013 posts
2802 upvotes
Alberta
ReeGee wrote: This one Menyoo Mod I linked earlier in the thread is the best place to start for an easy "all in one" experience. The install is super straight forward drag and drop steps that takes a few minutes. This one mod is insanely powerful and contains literally hundreds of options, cheats, vehicle/object spawner, full player/weapon/car customization, the list goes on and on. It basically turns single player into a sandbox where you have the freedom to use and do practically anything you want.
Thank you. That sounds exactly what I want if I were to play through this game again. The sandbox fun could be enticing enough to hold my interest.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7649 posts
4232 upvotes
Toronto
Lush78 wrote: Thank you. That sounds exactly what I want if I were to play through this game again. The sandbox fun could be enticing enough to hold my interest.
No problem and I can't emphasize enough how much more fun that one mod makes this game. It's also a great way of trying out the DLC weapons and cars as you can just give yourself them instantly to use for missions instead of having to grind for hundreds of hours trying to buy them in online mode. That alone makes the the campaign worth playing again nevermind all the other cool stuff you can do.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3013 posts
2802 upvotes
Alberta
ReeGee wrote: No problem and I can't emphasize enough how much more fun that one mod makes this game. It's also a great way of trying out the DLC weapons and cars as you can just give yourself them instantly to use for missions instead of having to grind for hundreds of hours trying to buy them in online mode. That alone makes the the campaign worth playing again nevermind all the other cool stuff you can do.
Thanks again. This does sound like some fun. I have no interest in online games, so modding this out for a new/different experience sounds great. It also has a nice fresh coat of paint on my 2080ti opposed to the 360 version I completed.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7649 posts
4232 upvotes
Toronto
Lush78 wrote: Thanks again. This does sound like some fun. I have no interest in online games, so modding this out for a new/different experience sounds great. It also has a nice fresh coat of paint on my 2080ti opposed to the 360 version I completed.
With the visual upgrade and extra features with mods you're in for a treat and it's a night and day difference from the old 360 release. Enjoy!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1678 posts
204 upvotes
Anyone get an error while installing?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 7, 2016
954 posts
415 upvotes
Ontario
Every game I've played online so far since downloading this again has had hackers in it dropping money and crap everywhere. Don't pick it all up or you risk a permanent ban.

Why can't they make the Epic and Steam editions the same?! This si what screwed up GTA 4, the online part was a huge mess and they finally shut it down.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 25, 2017
22 posts
36 upvotes
heat?? wrote: Anyone get an error while installing?
Not sure what error you're getting, but I did get an error which didn't let me finish installing after a couple of programs had installed (e.g. DirectX, Rockstar Games Social, etc...). I rebooted my PC, clicked on GTA V again and it continued on without problems. I did notice it updated one of the installed programs so maybe that was the issue.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
3330 posts
1812 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: The story missions in GTA V widely vary in quality. Some missions are very mundane tasks.
GTA Online is fun because there are different objectives, and the randomness of people either trying to help or kill you out of nowhere.
There is also a Casino in GTA V Online, which is not accessible in the main game, where you can do additional VIP missions or play casino style games to earn extra cash.

However, if you get paired up with someone that is modding or cheating in GTA Online, the game often crashes.
You can tell if they are cheating if you are getting bombarded by things
out of nowhere, or if they have things like like UFOs hovering around them and the game freezes up.



https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/best-gta-v-mods/


You would have to turn them off or uninstall them before playing GTA V online.
thanks for the info and link

does script hook v work with epic? it says only steam and retail only

Top