Expired Hot Deals

[Epic Games] GTA V PC GAME Free May 14-21

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 9:24 pm
Feb 4, 2017
733 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
patrickkc wrote: Tried playing online, but sometimes it just lags so bad. CPU usage goes to 99% and I can barely move. I'm on i7-4770k with GTX970
No issues here. I am on GTX 1060 and Ryzen 3600. I find that it takes a while to connect to GTA online though. Once in, it's all good.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2122 posts
2828 upvotes
BC
john widow wrote: Decided to try it out because why not. Was a real pain. After installing the epic games app. Then downloading around 94gb for the gta5. After installing. I got 2 missing .dll files error. After finding those online and pasting them in. I had to register for the rock star social club or something.....Well that's not what bugged me...the thing that bugged me it seems like everytime I join in or tried to sign in. It would do the verfication captcha thing. Asking me to click on the boxes which show buses, or hydrants, or crosswalks, or cars....etc...then asking to redo it.....about 5 times every time....really irritating. Played the game for a few minutes. Doesn't feel too intuitive with the mouse keyboard as I have dont know which buttons are assigned. Didn't go past the intro bank robbery gunfight part
You could’ve either went into settings to look at key binds or use a controller.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1062 posts
464 upvotes
Ontario
patrickkc wrote: It appears it was a one time thing.. but even now when I am running the game it seems CPU usage is higher than GPU usage. I have 32GB ram and HDD is at around 80% capacity. I just feel the game isn't optimized to run properly. Like some games where I have to set to run as "windows 7" kinda thing. I'm on Windows 10 also.
GTA 5 is another poorly done port from Rockstar. Most of their ports are poorly done/buggy as hell for a while if not forever.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1062 posts
464 upvotes
Ontario
john widow wrote: Decided to try it out because why not. Was a real pain. After installing the epic games app. Then downloading around 94gb for the gta5. After installing. I got 2 missing .dll files error. After finding those online and pasting them in. I had to register for the rock star social club or something.....Well that's not what bugged me...the thing that bugged me it seems like everytime I join in or tried to sign in. It would do the verfication captcha thing. Asking me to click on the boxes which show buses, or hydrants, or crosswalks, or cars....etc...then asking to redo it.....about 5 times every time....really irritating. Played the game for a few minutes. Doesn't feel too intuitive with the mouse keyboard as I have dont know which buttons are assigned. Didn't go past the intro bank robbery gunfight part
Verifying the files should get any that were missed in Epic Launcher.
·Ï¢årµ§·
May 18, 2020
3 posts
4 upvotes
Thank you for this awesome post. I can't install it at the moment, but claimed it anyway. Just created this account to say thanks to you!
Oct 4, 2018
16 posts
8 upvotes
I have PS3 version, and still want to try on PC.
Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5637 posts
2207 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
lol, the hackers in this game are killing me. One of the servers I joined had one guy forcing everyone to a specific location (via an "invite to apartment" exploit, I had no control over what was going on) then killing everyone all at once and he just kept doing it over and over again making the game unplayable. Had to switch to a different server. Super annoying.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Apr 28, 2010
257 posts
220 upvotes
Terrace
IDStorms wrote: Rumors have these games listed...

May 21st: Civilization VI

May 28th: Borderlands The Handsome Collection

June 4th: ARK: Survival Evolved
Damn. Looks like Witcher 3 won't be free then.
Maybe I should grab it now while it is heavily discounted.
Jan 5, 2018
74 posts
40 upvotes
BugMeNot
Thanks, just claimed GTA on the Epic Games Engine before it expires...

Now, how do I go about installing this game on my 256GB Laptop? I don't think I have space for however many GBs this takes. How are you all running it on your laptops?
Sep 18, 2017
485 posts
649 upvotes
Vancouver
heero78 wrote: Damn. Looks like Witcher 3 won't be free then.
Maybe I should grab it now while it is heavily discounted.
Just wait until tomorrow morning and you'll see if the list is correct.
Nov 12, 2011
449 posts
71 upvotes
RICHMOND
LadyBug420 wrote: Thanks, just claimed GTA on the Epic Games Engine before it expires...

Now, how do I go about installing this game on my 256GB Laptop? I don't think I have space for however many GBs this takes. How are you all running it on your laptops?
94 GB.
You will figure it out.
Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Last edited by Namelessone on May 21st, 2020 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 25, 2018
106 posts
43 upvotes
Thanks. Just claimed it. Last day today
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2614 posts
2946 upvotes
some civilization expansion pass comes out today looks like the rumors could be true.