[Epic Games] Weekly Games Giveaways

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 9:48 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4209 posts
5404 upvotes
Vancouver
BernardRyder wrote: That's a good point. You do need an Epic account, but you can add games to your account from your phone's browser if you wish. Then it can sit in your library indefinitely, because honestly few people install a game right away. And if you don't think your computer can handle the free game, just add it to your library until your next upgrade. I have one or two (hundred) free games I have never even tried yet.
(same here :facepalm: )
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Dec 10, 2005
474 posts
174 upvotes
This game is trash - like waste your time brainless trash, even for free. Just throwing it out there for people considering it.
Feb 22, 2012
578 posts
1225 upvotes
Canada
vortex240 wrote: This game is trash - like waste your time brainless trash, even for free. Just throwing it out there for people considering it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this game just another example of a game that was heavily flawed at launch and was reviewed poorly in in launch state but was subsequently patched to make the current product a decent user experience?

I haven't even bothered to confirm this myself but it's such a common story that it wouldn't surprise me if it was the case here. The kicker to all this is that the general public still thinks it's a bad game because the reviews never get updated to reflect the final product a year after launch. (Day's Gone on PS4 is the best real example of this I can think of but I'm sure it happens a ton)

TL;DR - $0 is a safe price to experience the current patched version of this game, it's not like most of us don't have the time.
RFD: Pick any two.

1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
Dec 10, 2005
474 posts
174 upvotes
Styleman wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this game just another example of a game that was heavily flawed at launch and was reviewed poorly in in launch state but was subsequently patched to make the current product a decent user experience?

I haven't even bothered to confirm this myself but it's such a common story that it wouldn't surprise me if it was the case here. The kicker to all this is that the general public still thinks it's a bad game because the reviews never get updated to reflect the final product a year after launch. (Day's Gone on PS4 is the best real example of this I can think of but I'm sure it happens a ton)

TL;DR - $0 is a safe price to experience the current patched version of this game, it's not like most of us don't have the time.
No - this is a game I would not want even a person I don't like spend time on, let alone buy.
Jul 12, 2017
42 posts
21 upvotes
vortex240 wrote: No - this is a game I would not want even a person I don't like spend time on, let alone buy.
Maybe explain why... Without any reasoning it's hard to know whether I should pass up a free game.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1175 posts
805 upvotes
Toronto
72 dislikes .. LOL! As for this game being trash I bet a high percentage of the people that disliked it have played it way more than they will ever admit. Thanks for posting this and people stop the hate with Epic as all companies out there I think we can say horrid things about.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1861 posts
2068 upvotes
GTA
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: 72 dislikes .. LOL! As for this game being trash I bet a high percentage of the people that disliked it have played it way more than they will ever admit. Thanks for posting this and people stop the hate with Epic as all companies out there I think we can say horrid things about.
73 now, and a majority of them have nothing to do with the game as some are crass enough to admit within the thread.
Do any of these downvoters realize that upvotes are counted toward a user's total, but not downvotes? So if they think they're having an effect on a user's "virtual awesomeness", joke's on them.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1421 posts
392 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
BernardRyder wrote: Well only if you're not too busy! I mean, it would be great if you could post a relatively recent deal. How about one a year just to ease you in? I mean, just looking at your post history, I'm not seeing any recent deals at all. But you came out of hiding to pile on with a much needed snarky comment though, thanks for that.

If you feel singled out, hey that's RFD. You posted, so you put yourself out there to be commented on and critiqued. After all, you and so many others who snarkply and downvote didn't have a problem doing that to the OP either...
Love it, personal tax to members who point out that the deal posted is a little bit too early that’s all. My post history denotes my intermittent involvement on the site and community, to keep my wallet safe.

As a long time member and supporter of the community, I feel what I posted does not represent someone’s right to dig into a member’s involvement on the site. You’re a fact checker that’s for sure keep it up
Last edited by gves02 on Apr 13th, 2020 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 8, 2015
194 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm just here for some upvotes from Page 1.

Thanks OP for the heads up.
Mar 9, 2004
155 posts
46 upvotes
Thanks OP. Don’t care that it’s early. Isolation is making people crazy.
Jan 28, 2008
302 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
My conclusion: Free is good, but the game is no good.
Oct 5, 2019
10 posts
21 upvotes
TylerS8 wrote: Maybe explain why... Without any reasoning it's hard to know whether I should pass up a free game.
The game was a massive flop for many reasons: it was very buggy, the gameplay was boring, the controls were messed up, and the performance was bad as well.

Not only did they not make any profits with the game, but the sales of Just Cause 4 didn't even cover developement costs. That's how bad the game was/still is. It's not just a buggy release that needs a patch or two to be alright. It's a game that checks every possible negative point possible, which renders it nearly unplayable.

I have many Just Cause fans on my Steam friends list, and they all have 100+ hours on every of the other games from the franchise. I was always wondering why they only had like 8-9 hours on Just Cause 4. But I knew why once I tried it. So many aspects of the game seem rushed out, and it all adds up to make it non-enjoyable in the end.

I guess the devs thought it would get some kind of viral exposure from the internet, like Just Cause 3 did. But they failed hard, because they couldn't deliver a passable game. Yes, it's free and doesn't cost you anything, but this game might give a bad impression to people who have never played the older iterations of Just Cause. And they might avoid the amazing series just because of this crappy mess.
Feb 22, 2012
578 posts
1225 upvotes
Canada
Labatt50 wrote: Is this for PC only?
The game available on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

It's only free for PC via Epic though (well, once it starts anyhow) but I wouldn't be surprised if it's given away for free with PS Plus and Xbox Live Gold sometime soon.
RFD: Pick any two.

1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
Dec 31, 2015
365 posts
31 upvotes
Mars
Screw the haters thanks for letting me know will get day 1 !