• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2019 1:07 am
[OP]
Feb 6, 2016
10 posts
273 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[EPIC] Mutant Year Zero and Hyper Light Drifter for FREE!!! August 15-22

From August 15 to 22, you can get the following games below at Epic Games for free. Add them to your account and you can play them at any point in the future.

Mutant Year Zero
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... -zero/home
Steam stats:
RECENT REVIEWS: Very Positive (659)
ALL REVIEWS: Very Positive (5,982)

Hyper Light Drifter
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... ifter/home
Steam stats:
RECENT REVIEWS: Very Positive (47)
ALL REVIEWS: Very Positive (9,900)
14 replies
Aug 31, 2006
604 posts
414 upvotes
Calgary
Cue epic outrage.
Nov 30, 2015
127 posts
58 upvotes
Thank for the heads up?

I Just have a weekly notification on my phone now for epic games.. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Sep 3, 2010
162 posts
139 upvotes
Upvote x 1 for OP since he is sharing limited time free game deal.
Downvote x 2 since it's Epic store.
final count is downvote x 1 but i'll leave the upvote for another week. Sorry OP, it's not personal, it's because of Epic.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3892 posts
4184 upvotes
Ottawa
cerealkiller wrote: Upvote x 1 for OP since he is sharing limited time free game deal.
Downvote x 2 since it's Epic store.
final count is downvote x 1 but i'll leave the upvote for another week. Sorry OP, it's not personal, it's because of Epic.
Then simply don't use it? Go on about your day if something doesn't interest you.

I wish people valued their time as much as they did their money. That goes for people that think just because a game is free that it's a good deal. Doesn't mean it's worth your time, but hey what do I know?
Tampa Bay Lightning; Back to back Stanley Cup Champions!! ⚡⚡
Milwaukee Bucks; 2020-21 NBA Champions! 🦌

First time ever that both my teams in different sports win the championship in their respective league.
Feb 11, 2019
388 posts
434 upvotes
ON
GiOBoY wrote: You're going to get down voted for posting 1 week in advance... just saying.
Obligatory time machine comment applies to future deals too!
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1276 posts
2908 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Then simply don't use it? Go on about your day if something doesn't interest you.

I wish people valued their time as much as they did their money. That goes for people that think just because a game is free that it's a good deal. Doesn't mean it's worth your time, but hey what do I know?
I never understand the need for people to control how other people comment on public forums. It's almost as if people use them in various ways, and have differing opinions. But hey, what do I know?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1276 posts
2908 upvotes
But really, posting this a week early is karma whoring, and doesn't help anyone. If I could "pre-buy" this, that would be one thing; but you're simply trying to snipe the deal just so you can tell someone else who posts it on launch day that they are a dupe. It isn't helpful.
Aug 29, 2017
563 posts
2032 upvotes
Ouch, just looking at the stills for Hyper Light Drifter are hurting my eyes. A definite SKIP. I've seen better College/University projects. I don't know why it would need a 1.2Ghz processor, as it should be fine running on TurboGrafx-16 technology from 1987.
“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do."― John Ruskin
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1217 posts
486 upvotes
Brandon
Why is this thread considered expired when the offer hasn't happened yet?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3892 posts
4184 upvotes
Ottawa
MikoWilson wrote: I never understand the need for people to control how other people comment on public forums. It's almost as if people use them in various ways, and have differing opinions. But hey, what do I know?
If you think my post is trying to assume control, congrats, the point wooshed right over your head. You don't want me to answer your rhetorical question.
Tampa Bay Lightning; Back to back Stanley Cup Champions!! ⚡⚡
Milwaukee Bucks; 2020-21 NBA Champions! 🦌

First time ever that both my teams in different sports win the championship in their respective league.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1276 posts
2908 upvotes
Batarang wrote: If you think my post is trying to assume control, congrats, the point wooshed right over your head. You don't want me to answer your rhetorical question.
Your comment states that if people comment on NOT liking something, that it is wasting their time. Some people feel the need to negatively comment on deals to save other people from wasting their time. Wether it be explaining that a product isn't worth it, or that the deal isn't as good as it should be. You telling those people that they are wasting their time is your personal bias. Other people value comments in different ways. So chill.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1276 posts
2908 upvotes
BuciMaci wrote: Ouch, just looking at the stills for Hyper Light Drifter are hurting my eyes. A definite SKIP. I've seen better College/University projects. I don't know why it would need a 1.2Ghz processor, as it should be fine running on TurboGrafx-16 technology from 1987.
It looks much better in motion, and is a superb game. I'd highly recommend that you give it at least five minutes. It's a truly awesome experience.