Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Epson.ca

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1040 1080p 3LCD Projector - Refurbished $449

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 8:27 am
Jan 25, 2010
149 posts
257 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Epson.ca] Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1040 1080p 3LCD Projector - Refurbished $449

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
6%
Retailer:
Epson.ca
More offers from Epson.ca
For those looking at projectors lately, this is orders of magnitude better than the Chinese projectors on Amazon. Bit more expensive but the picture quality and brightness will be far superior and actually has a chance of being visible during the daytime.
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
There are normally a lot more models on Epson's clearance site, unless you need something this second there are better models out there than this one.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Jan 25, 2010
149 posts
257 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Happy13178 wrote: There are normally a lot more models on Epson's clearance site, unless you need something this second there are better models out there than this one.
I’m in the market for one, what would you suggest that’s better than this for entry level?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2778 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
How well would this do outdoors or in moderate sunlight?
Apr 29, 2020
9 posts
3 upvotes
My mom has this verison https://epson.ca/Support/Projectors/Cin ... V11H245120. Anyone looking for a projector, just a couple things to note:
  1. The maintenance isn't zero like with a TV. Expect to buy $200 bulbs every year or two depending on usage (I was a heavy user). Also you will have to clean the filter once in a while
  2. We invested in a retractable screen with a motor, this was pretty expensive from what I remember
  3. It's still alive (10 years later), doesn't seem as bright as it used to be. Its been in for a repair once. The screen had pink marks, something to do with the LCD chip, $300 repair I think. I don't think my mom should have paid to repair it, could have bought a new projector for that.
Edit: Sorry for the confusion, I meant $200
Last edited by Karoulston on Aug 4th, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3841 posts
2260 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Happy13178 wrote: There are normally a lot more models on Epson's clearance site, unless you need something this second there are better models out there than this one.
While yes there are better options at this price. not this year. There is a run on projectors and screens cause everyone is doing at home/backyard movies.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2859 posts
2535 upvotes
Vancouveresque
200 bulbs every year or so? What? There's no way. The 1080UB's bulb is rated for 2500 hours, and there's like 8500 hours in a year.
Nobody cares which companies you use/subscribe to on a monthly basis unless there is a deal to be had. Why advertise for them in your forum signature?
Jan 25, 2010
149 posts
257 upvotes
Montreal, QC
nellium wrote: While yes there are better options at this price. not this year. There is a run on projectors and screens cause everyone is doing at home/backyard movies.
What other models (assuming availability) would you recommend around the $500 range?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2126 posts
1556 upvotes
Karoulston wrote: My mom has this verison https://epson.ca/Support/Projectors/Cin ... V11H245120. Anyone looking for a projector, just a couple things to note:
  1. The maintenance isn't zero like with a TV. Expect to buy 200 bulbs every year or two depending on usage (I was a heavy user). Also you will have to clean the filter once in a while
  2. We invested in a retractable screen with a motor, this was pretty expensive from what I remember
  3. It's still alive (10 years later), doesn't seem as bright as it used to be. Its been in for a repair once. The screen had pink marks, something to do with the LCD chip, $300 repair I think. I don't think my mom should have paid to repair it, could have bought a new projector for that.
200 light bulbs? lol what?
Jan 25, 2010
149 posts
257 upvotes
Montreal, QC
djpr wrote: 200 light bulbs? lol what?
Really hoping they meant "2", but even then that is still a stretch.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1503 posts
1344 upvotes
Ottawa
Put a $ in front of that 200, then read it again.
Nov 30, 2009
292 posts
390 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Waited too long, spent some time looking for outdoor screen options, came back to the website and now it's out of stock.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1703 posts
1785 upvotes
I have this ceiling mounted and did a painted screen using a paint formula I found on avs forums. Overall I'm very happy with the projector.
I use it in the basement where there is no ambient light. This allows me to run the projector in eco mode, very quiet and extends the bulb life to 10k hours iirc.
Anyone I've had over has been amazed with the quality. I'm sure there are better out there but not sure at this price.
Apr 29, 2020
9 posts
3 upvotes
robotfood wrote: Really hoping they meant "2", but even then that is still a stretch.
Its an EP39, they look very cheap now. Back in the day, a genuine ep39 bulb for $180 I believe. They were also hard to come by, I believe amazon wasn't as big when I was buying these, you had to buy them off epson directly.

Keep in mind, this was a top projector for its time, the projector was $2k.

Edit: sorry I corrected my earlier post, I meant $200
Nov 24, 2003
573 posts
258 upvotes
robotfood wrote: I’m in the market for one, what would you suggest that’s better than this for entry level?
i got the Epson 2100 and it's been great. It was a little be more expensive at $519 but from the research I did, the 2100 is the best value. the built in speaker are surprisingly really good on the 2100 so set it up in the backyard if you wanted.
Aug 8, 2019
66 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
Screw Epson.ca, I tried to order their refurbished 5040ub TWICE last month and both times they couldnt complete my order because "they couldnt confirm my credit card" with my bank. I called Epson both times and the agent had no idea why they couldnt confirm my CC as that was handled by another team. It's a TD credit card...So it looks like Optoma will get my money! My Optoma HD60 has been going strong for 10 years.
Jan 25, 2010
149 posts
257 upvotes
Montreal, QC
PhoenixXIII wrote: Screw Epson.ca, I tried to order their refurbished 5040ub TWICE last month and both times they couldnt complete my order because "they couldnt confirm my credit card" with my bank. I called Epson both times and the agent had no idea why they couldnt confirm my CC as that was handled by another team. It's a TD credit card...So it looks like Optoma will get my money! My Optoma HD60 has been going strong for 10 years.
Which optima are you looking at now?
Aug 8, 2019
66 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
robotfood wrote: Which optima are you looking at now?
Either HD60 or HD65. I'm leaning towards the HD60 for the cost savings, from my research there doesnt seem to be a big difference between the two of them. Honestly though, Costco.ca has the Epson 4010 on for $1998...so I may end up going with Epson afterall! As long as I dont have to deal with Epson's atrocious purchasing department! lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)