Tags:
None
[OP]
May 29, 2006
526 posts
266 upvotes

EQ3 Cello Plush Sectional

Hi everyone,

I am shopping for a new sectional and have been through the usual stores in the GTA. Through all my searching and sitting, I haven't found a sectional that is more comfortable (to me) than the EQ3 Cello Plush model.

My worry however is that I'm coming from a Palliser inspirations line sectional that, after three years, is pilling quite a bit between the seats, and the foam and feather seats are quite flat. I'm pretty sure Palliser manufactures all sofas and sectionals at EQ3 so hence my hesitation that the same thing would happen. This Eq3 sectional is almost double the cost of the Palliser that it replaces.

Anyone own this sofa or a similar Eq3 sofa and comment on the quality?
Last edited by chrisuoft on Jul 26th, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Mar 22, 2020
43 posts
49 upvotes
Blue Mountains, Onta…
I'm not sure what the 'plush' is but we own the Cello sectional. Back cushions definitely need a lot of fluffing and sag a bit since they're not attached to the back, but they plump back up. Very comfortable, some pilling but that was right from the factory.

I would warn not to use their delivery service though. They just dragged it across the gravel driveway and ripped/dirtied up the plastic packaging. Ruined the experience for us completely but the product itself is okay.
Mar 22, 2020
43 posts
49 upvotes
Blue Mountains, Onta…
Another thing to mention is that we also we able to haggle the price in store.
[OP]
May 29, 2006
526 posts
266 upvotes
EloiP58720 wrote: Another thing to mention is that we also we able to haggle the price in store.
Thanks Eloi, I gather the cello plush is a remastered version of the original Cello. The plush has foam and feathers for the seating and back cushions, versus foam only for the non plush version. The price I was quoted in store includes a 20 percent discount off msrp. Still very expensive to me but I want a comfy sectional that will stay comfy for 5 to 10 years. I'm open to leather or fabric. I have priced out a grade 100 leather and a grade 40 fabric.

Regarding your pilling, do you recall what grade of fabric you ordered? It goes from 10 to 60 I think. And how long have you had it?

I live in a condo so I'm hoping they use a trolley to drag it into the elevator and down the hallway.
Mar 22, 2020
43 posts
49 upvotes
Blue Mountains, Onta…
https://www.eq3.com/ca/en/product/ck3ar ... eLeg=J7384

This is the one we purchased. Roughly 1 year old. It was in Grade 40 coda beach. If we were to buy it again, we'd likely go with leather just due to the extra care needed with snack foods at night (but we've also have never had a light coloured couch).
Jul 12, 2021
62 posts
37 upvotes
Sorry to dig up an old thread, I just wanted to see how you feel about your Cello after having it for a few years now. I am considering getting a Cello sectional that I would hope to keep for 5-10 years and was wondering how yours has held up so far?
[OP]
May 29, 2006
526 posts
266 upvotes
Viper87 wrote: Sorry to dig up an old thread, I just wanted to see how you feel about your Cello after having it for a few years now. I am considering getting a Cello sectional that I would hope to keep for 5-10 years and was wondering how yours has held up so far?
Hey, I've only had it for about 18 months at this point. So far so good. My biggest worry were if the seats would remain plush, and so far they have held up well. I went with leather rather than fabric, and the leather has also held up well.