Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1051 posts
155 upvotes
When does this start? The Herman Miller stuff seems to high still
Aug 14, 2014
675 posts
536 upvotes
FYI, email local herman miller sellers in your area, they usually beat even this pricing all year round. Got my embody chair for ~$1k and tax in 2014
Dec 26, 2018
56 posts
285 upvotes
Had my embody chair for over two years now for my home office. Use it everyday and it still feels like new. Definitely recommend if you spend a lot of time sitting down for work. I hear all herman miller stuff is great though if you seek a lower priced option.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1902 posts
917 upvotes
Home
Esg876 wrote: FYI, email local herman miller sellers in your area, they usually beat even this pricing all year round. Got my embody chair for ~$1k and tax in 2014
True, not really a sale unless you can stack on top of the salespersons price, which you cant prolly. The markup is gargantuan.
Nov 26, 2018
139 posts
95 upvotes
Calgary
Esg876 wrote: FYI, email local herman miller sellers in your area, they usually beat even this pricing all year round. Got my embody chair for ~$1k and tax in 2014
who did you buy from? EQ3 seems to be the only retailer for most Canadian cities
Jul 30, 2018
168 posts
192 upvotes
How do you like the Embody compared to the Aeron? We have Aerons but think the Embody would look a lot less corporate for our home office...
Aug 14, 2014
675 posts
536 upvotes
Lostx403 wrote: who did you buy from? EQ3 seems to be the only retailer for most Canadian cities
Don't want to advertise as its been 5 years now and they might not offer it anymore.. but check the dealers in your area on the herman miller site and send emails/call them ask for a quote. I live in the GTA so I had several options but didn't really look around, first/second place I checked gave me a good deal so I took it. FYI I had to do the pickup and wait a few weeks for them to order the chair as my version was not in stock.

https://www.hermanmiller.com/where-to-b ... -a-dealer/
Aug 14, 2014
675 posts
536 upvotes
makingbaconpancakes wrote: How do you like the Embody compared to the Aeron? We have Aerons but think the Embody would look a lot less corporate for our home office...
Only used the embody so far, its been great and dont regret the purchase. 5 years now and only issue is one of my 3 tilts doesn't lock anymore. However I'm a 6'3 280 lb overweight man... I've probably abused this way more then the average person would. Haven't called in to ask for support as its not a huge deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1085 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone had experience with the Cello storage bed? I was planning on buying it when i move to a new place.

Last time i was at the EQ3 on Broadway, i still found i enjoyed the Mirra 2 over the Aeron B. I have the Mirra 1. The Cosm felt very weird.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1609 posts
1587 upvotes
Toronto
Check out the other Herman Miller thread, there’s a few quotes from Business Interiors to compare to

herman-miller-15-off-november-11-decemb ... #p31743260
Esg876 wrote: Don't want to advertise as its been 5 years now and they might not offer it anymore.. but check the dealers in your area on the herman miller site and send emails/call them ask for a quote. I live in the GTA so I had several options but didn't really look around, first/second place I checked gave me a good deal so I took it. FYI I had to do the pickup and wait a few weeks for them to order the chair as my version was not in stock.

https://www.hermanmiller.com/where-to-b ... -a-dealer/
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1051 posts
155 upvotes
The BF sale applies to Herman Miller products. Too bad..the stacking on there would have pushed me over to purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8549 posts
4464 upvotes
Went to the store on Granville and they have some really nice stuff BUT the prices seem really, really high even with the 20% discount. For those kind of prices, I would really shop around like at Restoration Hardware and elsewhere to get real down stuffed couch cushions or whatever you are in the market for.
Nov 26, 2018
139 posts
95 upvotes
Calgary
I got quoted $1255 including delivery from a retailer that isn't EQ3 for an Embody here in Calgary.

Business Interiors quoted me $1100+tax for pick up, delivery in GTA is $95 and any further shipping would require a quote.

Either way, shop around and don't buy directly from Herman Miller if you want to save several hundred dollars.
May 18, 2007
192 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Esg876 wrote: Only used the embody so far, its been great and dont regret the purchase. 5 years now and only issue is one of my 3 tilts doesn't lock anymore. However I'm a 6'3 280 lb overweight man... I've probably abused this way more then the average person would. Haven't called in to ask for support as its not a huge deal.
Should probably still get it serviced if still under warranty. The embodys are rated to 300 lbs.
Overview
Maximum User Weight 300 lbs/136 kg - https://www.hermanmiller.com/content/da ... _sheet.pdf
RFD needs a dark mode theme T_T my eyeeeeesssssss