Calgary

EQ3 Martian Floor Lamp - $99.95 on clearance

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
EQ3
EQ3 has their martian floor lamp on clearance for half price at $99.95.
Shipping is only free over $500, but if you call the store you can have them order it for you and pick it up there to avoid the shipping fee.

Available in black or chrome online. When you call the store, you can pick and choose which colour base you'd like on either colour lamp.

23 replies
Sep 18, 2017
673 posts
924 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone have experience with this as a central light source for a living room? i.e. no ceiling light fixtures.
Apr 10, 2013
275 posts
35 upvotes
depends on how big your living room area is ... but from experience this type of standing lamp (not this exact one) will be on the dimmer side and wouldnt be enough to light up an entire room especially as it's facing downwards. It's nice when you want a dark-ish living room (eg. watching TV) but not completely dark, then this type of standing lamp would work nicely.

even the typical IKEA light ones (the one facing upwards) is usually still pretty dim

Personally I don't like living room without ceiling light fixtures, potlights work best
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1841 posts
448 upvotes
Calgary
RFDMadeMeBuyStuff wrote: depends on how big your living room area is ... but from experience this type of standing lamp (not this exact one) will be on the dimmer side and wouldnt be enough to light up an entire room especially as it's facing downwards. It's nice when you want a dark-ish living room (eg. watching TV) but not completely dark, then this type of standing lamp would work nicely.

even the typical IKEA light ones (the one facing upwards) is usually still pretty dim

Personally I don't like living room without ceiling light fixtures, potlights work best
The shades can be rotated upwards to provide better light coverage. I use this and as far as floor lamps go, it does a great job.
Aug 16, 2009
562 posts
451 upvotes
Thanks OP. Been thinking of buying one of these.
Great deal and picked one up.
Shipping wasn't too bad at $24.99.
Mar 21, 2013
260 posts
152 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Looks nice. It's made in China, I wonder if there is a version on aliexpress or whatever. Actually, lamps on ax seem pretty expensive.
Nov 24, 2009
701 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Great timing, I've actually been looking for floor lamps since my new condo unit does not have any ceiling lights in the living room.

Does anyone have suggestions for where to look for the best value with a modern design? Wayfair, Structube, EQ3, CB2, kijiji...
Jun 23, 2014
34 posts
11 upvotes
East York, ON
clau_tisd wrote: Great timing, I've actually been looking for floor lamps since my new condo unit does not have any ceiling lights in the living room.

Does anyone have suggestions for where to look for the best value with a modern design? Wayfair, Structube, EQ3, CB2, kijiji...
EQ3 is decent for the price sometimes. I have a couple things from them and they look great. CB2 is a bit pricier but better options.

Structube is on the more affordable side but generally find doesn't have the greatest quality.

However if you just want modern design all of the above would suit your needs, just depends on your budget.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
5521 posts
8842 upvotes
Montreal
That lamp requires 5 X 40 Watts E12 bulbs ( not included ).
Check the price of the bulbs before buying the lamp.
Are you going to buy 5 LED E12 bulbs to save energy?
Dec 24, 2006
742 posts
95 upvotes
Structube is a total scam. Their products are out of stock for months and they keep pushing "Back in Stock" dates. Essentially, you have no idea if you'll get your product in 3 weeks or 3 months. AND they charge you right away even when they have no stock for months. Guess what they do with the borrowed money of yours. Also guess what happens if the store ever goes under? Pay with a credit card.
Feb 4, 2017
839 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
dealsssss wrote: Structube is a total scam. Their products are out of stock for months and they keep pushing "Back in Stock" dates. Essentially, you have no idea if you'll get your product in 3 weeks or 3 months. AND they charge you right away even when they have no stock for months. Guess what they do with the borrowed money of yours. Also guess what happens if the store ever goes under? Pay with a credit card.
You need to at least put a 25% deposit to get the furniture. What Structube does is a bit weird. They first set a date (ex. Dec 10) of when there will be inventory. It is indeed true that they will get inventory on that date and if you placed a deposit before Dec 10, you will get that item. Once they have depleted their inventory from all the reserves (this could be within a day or 2), the website immediately delays the ETA date to another date (ex. Dec 30). If you don't place a deposit, you will never get the item just watching the date and think it is being delayed forever. I was a bit confused when I saw this at first but the store employees told me this is how it works.

FAQ:
Why does the back in stock date on your website keep getting pushed back?
Please take note that the estimated back in stock date on our website represents the next shipment in which you may reserve your item. Once all of the available products in a shipment have been reserved, the website will then indicate the date for the following shipment, so on and so forth. As such, our estimated back in stock dates change frequently. We highly recommend placing an order as soon as possible to ensure your item is reserved in the next available shipment.

Please note that waiting for the next back in stock date to place an order will not guarantee that quantities will be available for purchase on the given date.
Last edited by CheapMang on Dec 7th, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1098 posts
439 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
OOS
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2931 posts
283 upvotes
Was gonna think until after work and its now gone...
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Jan 7, 2020
3 posts
Called the store and got one .... seems like I snuck in just in time. Excited for this - thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1838 posts
124 upvotes
Markham
Picked one up at this price about a month ago. I have to say, it's been great at providing supplemental light for my bedroom. Beware though, the base is heavy af. Assemble it where you know you're going to keep it!

Also, Structube sucks. But if you must buy from them, order from the store just for the after sales support. Never online, cause if your product is faulty you're SOL and they give you the run around forever.
Dec 24, 2006
742 posts
95 upvotes
CheapMang wrote: You need to at least put a 25% deposit to get the furniture. What Structube does is a bit weird. They first set a date (ex. Dec 10) of when there will be inventory. It is indeed true that they will get inventory on that date and if you placed a deposit before Dec 10, you will get that item. Once they have depleted their inventory from all the reserves (this could be within a day or 2), the website immediately delays the ETA date to another date (ex. Dec 30). If you don't place a deposit, you will never get the item just watching the date and think it is being delayed forever. I was a bit confused when I saw this at first but the store employees told me this is how it works.

FAQ:
Why does the back in stock date on your website keep getting pushed back?
Please take note that the estimated back in stock date on our website represents the next shipment in which you may reserve your item. Once all of the available products in a shipment have been reserved, the website will then indicate the date for the following shipment, so on and so forth. As such, our estimated back in stock dates change frequently. We highly recommend placing an order as soon as possible to ensure your item is reserved in the next available shipment.

Please note that waiting for the next back in stock date to place an order will not guarantee that quantities will be available for purchase on the given date.
What if you pay the full amount from the website? It charges your credit card right away and still waiting for stock. What if you order multiple items with multiple dates and one delivery date? You have to wait until all items are in sync and back in stock before they deliver? Total scam.
Feb 4, 2017
839 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
dealsssss wrote: What if you pay the full amount from the website? It charges your credit card right away and still waiting for stock. What if you order multiple items with multiple dates and one delivery date? You have to wait until all items are in sync and back in stock before they deliver? Total scam.
Yes if you do multiple items in 1 order, then all items must arrive before it is delivered. You could get around that by splitting the items in multiple orders. The thing is you get this sort of issue in other stores as well like EQ3 and CB2. I purchased a $3000 sofa and paid in full to EQ3 and waited 3 months to get it. They don't even allow partial deposit at the store.
May 28, 2011
698 posts
743 upvotes
coupash wrote: Called the store and got one .... seems like I snuck in just in time. Excited for this - thanks OP!
Did the store say where pick up was? I got some warehouse in Etobicoke which was far away from their downtown stores...
Jan 7, 2020
3 posts
Yeah they gave me the option of pickup in store or from warehouse in burnaby (Im in vancouver)
but they couldnt tell me the address of their warehouse and they told me they had parking at the vancouver granville store so i just agreed to pick up from store.