Equifax - Homedepot Breach - 7 months free *Targeted*

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2018 9:21 am
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
2045 posts
193 upvotes
Guelph
caveat_emptor wrote: its all over redflagdeals... people even without credit card able to used it... :D
Still?

Also, forgive my ignorance, was there a recent breach or is this a continuation of the last one? I got the one year free whenever that was....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
dtm252535 wrote: Still?

Also, forgive my ignorance, was there a recent breach or is this a continuation of the last one? I got the one year free whenever that was....
continuation
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1993 posts
364 upvotes
Winterpeg
this is just a continuation. i received the email but i dont want to pay initially.... im all good with the free equifax for 2 years... thats good enough for me
Nov 22, 2012
290 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
A friend of mine filed the claim but has not got the message yet. Anyone else has similar experience?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto
When the home depot thing happened and we got 1 year free, i never filed a claim I just called the # and they asked for my name and gave me a code to redeem on the Equifax site.

Gonna call them tomorrow and see if they can give me a claim number maybe they have one on record for me.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
Can we do this if we got the free year from the breach last year?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
deadice wrote: Can we do this if we got the free year from the breach last year?
I got the free year and they sent me the email, so I assume so?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1915 upvotes
TO
Wonder if they go that route again but I doubt, keep us posted ;)
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6412 posts
2625 upvotes
Mort Réal, QC
I'm gonna go jump some real actual hoops instead. Get my exercise, you know...
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Always on lookout for deals on quality goods and services.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1167 posts
736 upvotes
Calabogie, ON
I am on the fence on this....really don't want to sign up and not get reimbursed for some reason.

I went for a couple of years with the original HD breach and then there was another one for Target, seemed like it would never end, there was always another breach....are there any other true free ones out there?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
dogbolter wrote: I am on the fence on this....really don't want to sign up and not get reimbursed for some reason.
Worse case scenario is you're out $17 for a month of service. And you can go and obsess about your credit score every day for a month if you want. :P
Aug 11, 2011
331 posts
368 upvotes
RICHMOND
Anyone received their reimbursement yet? I've already paid $16.95 x 2, have yet to receive the cheque after sending in all the proper documentation.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
pricegrabber wrote: Anyone received their reimbursement yet? I've already paid $16.95 x 2, have yet to receive the cheque after sending in all the proper documentation.
Same here. We are on the same boat. No updates or whatsoever.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Nov 22, 2012
290 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Waiting for a response as well, and not sure how long it would take...
L4cky wrote: Same here. We are on the same boat. No updates or whatsoever.
Aug 11, 2011
331 posts
368 upvotes
RICHMOND
frankbug wrote: Waiting for a response as well, and not sure how long it would take...
Our first impression of this deal - where we'd receive seven month's worth of fees immediately, seemed awfully exploitable. Maybe we won't receive it right away - hopefully I'm wrong though.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
still no answer and but it's ok, we are busy with amazon prime days lol
- Training 101
Sep 28, 2010
131 posts
140 upvotes
southern Ontario
One month since sending in paperwork and still no response.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
Unless you *really* need it, cancel your Equifax service after the first month. The settlement law firm doesn't have access to your Equifax account to confirm that you have a subscription (that's why they ask for a receipt to confirm that you started the service).

The objective here is to receive a cheque for $118.65 after paying only $16.95 to Equifax.

It will probably take a month or two to process claims and issue cheques -- the class action firm's goal is to maximize profit for themselves, so they will use the smallest team possible and hold onto the settlement funds as long as they can. They will also seek to disqualify as many claims as possible for minor errors.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
Haven't received any follow-up from KCC, nor email communication, nor cheque yet. VERY disappointed in the administration of this by the law firm KCC (Kurtzman Carson Consultants)... Guess they've received their cut / payout and forgot about the consumers that they are suppose to be representing.
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
tmonies wrote: Haven't received any follow-up from KCC, nor email communication, nor cheque yet. VERY disappointed in the administration of this by the law firm KCC (Kurtzman Carson Consultants)... Guess they've received their cut / payout and forgot about the consumers that they are suppose to be representing.
I agree. We should file a lawsuit against them
- Training 101

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)