[OP]
Jul 4, 2005
213 posts
288 upvotes

Free Equifax Credit reports due to Covid-19

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Equifax
Get a free credit report direct from Equifax online temporarily due to Covid-19 - usually to get it free you need to write them a letter and mail it to them...

https://www.econsumer.equifax.ca/canada ... d01_cacpor
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 28th, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added a retailer
Thread Summary
Score is not included. This simply makes obtaining your credit report (consumer disclosure) easier.

You should regularly check your credit report for errors or accounts and lines of credit you don't recognize. i.e. To verify no one has stolen your identity and all financial institutions are providing the correct information.

It used to be that you can only have 1 free credit report per year from each of the agencies (TransUnion & Equifax) and you have to use mail or fax, but both agencies now offer more flexible methods (phone, internet) also for free and at shorter intervals.

See Government of Canada website for more info: https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-cons ... eport.html
199 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2423 posts
2555 upvotes
thank you. if you already have an account just log in with your user name and password and it offers a free report
Feb 1, 2013
112 posts
152 upvotes
Ottawa
You could always fax in that request form if you're able to find the number for their fax machine.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11357 posts
16534 upvotes
Ottawa
jgoedhard wrote: You could always fax in that request form if you're able to find the number for their fax machine.
What’s a fax ? Face With Open Mouth

FYI : does not include credit score
Dec 16, 2017
64 posts
76 upvotes
MockingJayTM wrote: What’s the purpose if no score?
You get to review the data to determine whether your personal or financial portfolios had been compromised. Check for any credit cards or loans you don't recognize yourself. If you have one, then you need to dig up the info. The last thing you want is to have your personal information in the hand of cyber criminals.
Dec 25, 2012
382 posts
325 upvotes
Ontario
Just tried it. No score. Waste of time.
May 18, 2010
64 posts
85 upvotes
Many people can get the score for free through their bank.
To say that with out a score a credit report is a waste of time indicates that you don't understand the value of the information contained in it. Having worked in credit for many years, I can tell you with certainty that the devil is in the details... in the report itself.
Dec 26, 2015
349 posts
163 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
It weird that it doesn't actually display some of my financial information...
Jun 11, 2016
807 posts
1123 upvotes
MockingJayTM wrote: What’s the purpose if no score?
Community good will and they're hoping you pay for the score.
Apr 13, 2005
213 posts
32 upvotes
Credit Karma provides your credit score from TransUnion for free. They just upsell you on credit card offerings based on your score.
Oct 12, 2018
67 posts
56 upvotes
You can check credit score in some online banking account, my scotia app shows me credit score amd top level details.
Also i
I have a capital one costco card, and they also gives free score check and few details like credit allowed, number of accounts in 2 yrs, due amohnts if any etc...
RFD is kind of hole in the wallet, which I don't wanna block 😉
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1327 posts
445 upvotes
If you want a credit score from Equifax, you can get a one month free trial once every 6 months.

You do have to call in to cancel though. I did the free month/cancellation back in January. Be prepared to say no firmly many times.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3266 posts
2455 upvotes
No Bum Deals
credit karma gives you all the info you need, whenever you need it.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀