Expired Hot Deals

[Equifax] Free Equifax Credit reports due to Covid-19

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 11:43 am
Jun 1, 2015
542 posts
171 upvotes
Calgary, AB
flyjazz wrote: I had created an Equifax account when this thread was created and was able to get a credit report. The online Equifax account only provides for one report, which in my case had expired and had disappeared from my profile. I discovered today that if you order another credit report once logged in, it will offer another free updated report which I now have in my online profile.
Can you clarify, when you say order another credit report, did you have to enter your credit card info to order?
Mar 14, 2014
461 posts
564 upvotes
RigorMortis wrote: Can you clarify, when you say order another credit report, did you have to enter your credit card info to order?
When I clicked to order another report, it opened another tab and on that page it indicated it was free due to the current Covid situation. It was a simple matter of accepting the offer and logging into my Equifax account.
Sep 26, 2017
292 posts
202 upvotes
does anyone know any company offering free credit report with score? or is that not a thing?
i know my score but i need the actual report with score.

edit: nvm found the free 30 day trial (lazy me. sorry)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8162 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
Just created an account but without a score this was a waste of my time signing up. Conveniently, you can pay to see your score.
Jan 9, 2010
104 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Free report without a score has been there for many years. There is a phone number 1-800-465-7166 with automatic agent that you could enter your SIN and get your report in the mail. As you can see in the following link, you can obtain the free report in person, phone, fax and mail. It is annual basis.

https://www.consumer.equifax.ca/persona ... it-report/

It is not accurate to say "free equifax report due to Covid 19".
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1865 posts
1459 upvotes
GVRD
Trottier wrote: Canada too, but it looks like it went to the Chinese, rather than money grubbers like criminals or North Korea....

azsxdcfvgb wrote: ↑
Talking about compromise, afaik Equifax breach "compromised" like 200,000 American records in 2017 (pretty raw data). Perhaps Canada is safe, but maybe hackers are not bothered to hack Canada. Face With Tears Of Joy
Thank goodness it only went to hackers in China.
I'm not worried anymore.
My Equifax data was only hacked for nice reasons then.

(It's a good thing that China's Communist Party likes Canada.)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7503 posts
965 upvotes
GTA
aresham wrote: Free report without a score has been there for many years. There is a phone number 1-800-465-7166 with automatic agent that you could enter your SIN and get your report in the mail. As you can see in the following link, you can obtain the free report in person, phone, fax and mail. It is annual basis.

https://www.consumer.equifax.ca/persona ... it-report/

It is not accurate to say "free equifax report due to Covid 19".
Just to note, in the U. S. there is a annual limit to obtain your credit report, but not in Canada. You can get as many free reports a year as you want. It is recommended every 6 months.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Dec 3, 2009
294 posts
138 upvotes
Simcoe County
Equifax is a complete mess of a company.

I subscribe to Equifax Complete™ Premier Plan, for several years. It's had issues from time to time. But the latest issue started in March and hasn't been fixed yet.

My alerts are related to my credit file and are correct, however the report is another person's with a simular name in another city entirely. The score is also his. It lists his credit cards, loans, etc etc.

I've contacted Equifax to resolve this, and spent hours on the phone. It took nearly and hour to convince the agent it wasn't my file. She blamed my bank saying they provide the information. This has nothing to do with my bank, it's their online system which is cross linked. (The report is entirely his, none of my information is on the report)

I was transferred around. Finally another person demanded I send them copies of all my identification front and back, copies of other documents etc. I refused, as they have access to the correct reports dating back two + years from Feb-2020 with the correct information. They could easily repair the issue if they tried. No way I'm sending those guys even more information so they can loose that to the hackers of the world.

Terrible company... just terrible.

... and thier system is REALLY slow btw.

Just my 2 cents as I try and fix thier mess.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1865 posts
1459 upvotes
GVRD
darwoodcanada wrote: Equifax is a complete mess of a company.
That's a horrific story.

It's unacceptable that governments leave such an essential service (credit) as an unregulated activity that's left up to the free markets to self-regulate. Three companies dominate the industry, but it's actually worse than that. More often, credit card companies and other financial institutions choose ONE credit report service as their one and only company. That's a monopoly and it shouldn't be allowed. That one credit organization can dominate consumers and reduce quality to the absolute minimum.

That's sick. With the existing capitalist corporate structure of credit organizations, they'll invest the least amount of security, consumer protections and consumer services, possible and suck out the most amount of money that they can.
Feb 9, 2017
88 posts
67 upvotes
Their automated phone system is constantly mishearing speech and doesn't let you put letters if it's expecting a number so it won't ever find my file. I brought it up to the phone agent and the dude was like *shrug*

This company has always been a joke.
Feb 4, 2017
20 posts
23 upvotes
new westminster, bc
just an fyi, i was able to get the free report 2x using the same code as in the OP...once in april and once in june...quite helpful as it does show more info than my TU report (i guess more business run EQ over TU)...take care of yourselves, no one will do it for you if you dont...i rather spend those extra minutes going through verifications to get the report than months dealing with identity theft etc.
Dec 28, 2016
77 posts
36 upvotes
consumerPI wrote: Just created an account but without a score this was a waste of my time signing up. Conveniently, you can pay to see your score.
Getting a report without a score is not a waste of time. I was able to detect a huge mistake in my credit report and was able to get it fixed. Be sure to check for error and get them disputed as soon as possible.
Dec 25, 2013
983 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
I've gotten a "free report" in the past from equifax but it signed me up for their monthly credit check service or whatever it is.. in signing up for this free report it doesn't sign you up for their premium service does it?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33686 posts
19474 upvotes
Ottawa
Ychanceit wrote: I've gotten a "free report" in the past from equifax but it signed me up for their monthly credit check service or whatever it is.. in signing up for this free report it doesn't sign you up for their premium service does it?
If you didn't provide a credit card for billing, you won't be charged for the premier service.