Expired Hot Deals

[Equifax] Free Equifax Credit reports due to Covid-19

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 11:43 am
Nov 5, 2019
29 posts
58 upvotes
Strange, there is a 18 point drop on my credit score compared to last month. I normally check the transunion score via my bank. Not sure if this is a covid thing but everyone should monitor their scores.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1111 posts
782 upvotes
VANCOUVER
old_old_7 wrote: last time after I check, they charge me $29.99 / month, I found out 3 months later, have to call them stop charge me.
then I saw CBC marketplace said every different company give different score to same person.
This is part of the problem. Even in this thread, the first bunch of responses said that 'my bank' gives me my credit score or 'capital one' gives me my credit score. Your bank and capital one may give you A credit score, but most people commonly reference FICO scores. And everyone thinks they have a top score when in fact the scales for the different companies are different. I cringe when someone says they have a FICO score of 890, when in fact FICO doesn't even go that high.

In the end, if you're getting a mortgage from a financial institution, whatever credit information they pull from Equifax or TransUnion, and what ever score they utilize is paramount.

CN: read the reports and verify the information. You can't change the score, at least directly, but you can correct information to make the score as correct as it can be.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33725 posts
19516 upvotes
Ottawa
SalmanZ93266 wrote: Strange, there is a 18 point drop on my credit score compared to last month. I normally check the transunion score via my bank. Not sure if this is a covid thing but everyone should monitor their scores.
Equifax and TransUnion uses a different scoring algorithm.
Jan 24, 2017
10 posts
6 upvotes
I don't find this very accurate or useful. I appreciate that it's free, but it didn't give a credit score. I also didn't find the credit information completely accurate.
Jun 10, 2017
635 posts
833 upvotes
Quick2klick wrote: I don't find this very accurate or useful. I appreciate that it's free, but it didn't give a credit score. I also didn't find the credit information completely accurate.
Wouldn't that be the very definition of useful? If it is not accurate, you'll want to contact them to correct the inaccuracy so your credit is not adversely affected as a result.
The whole point of obtaining these reports is to ensure the information is accurate and no misuse has occurred.
Jun 15, 2020
163 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
Does anyone know if this is still on? Website opens up but I don't have an account so it's just asking me to register.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8765 posts
6881 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
They want me to call them :(

Please Call Us at
1-866-820-9118
You're only one step away from seeing your product. With one quick call we can complete your identity verification.
We are unable to verify your identity online. For assistance, please call our Customer Care department at 1-866-820-9118. Our Customer Care Representatives are available to assist you 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 12 midnight Eastern Standard Time.
Aug 14, 2019
715 posts
351 upvotes
DragonRider wrote: They want me to call them :(

Please Call Us at
1-866-820-9118
You're only one step away from seeing your product. With one quick call we can complete your identity verification.
We are unable to verify your identity online. For assistance, please call our Customer Care department at 1-866-820-9118. Our Customer Care Representatives are available to assist you 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 12 midnight Eastern Standard Time.
Same here.
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1003 upvotes
Saskatoon
Isn’t this was free covid, or no covid?
I am monitoring mine with
TransUnion via RBC online banking
Equifax via CIBC mobile app
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Aug 14, 2019
715 posts
351 upvotes
ukrainiandude wrote: Isn’t this was free covid, or no covid?
TransUnion offers free online downloading of your credit report. Equifax doesn't. I prefer the layout of TransUnion over Equifax too.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11887 posts
3179 upvotes
Scarberia
Signed up for my mom but it doesn't send me email pass code smh

Equifax cs is always lower then transunioin right

Tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Aug 6, 2019
46 posts
43 upvotes
Ontario
MrBear2019 wrote: Does anyone know if this is still on? Website opens up but I don't have an account so it's just asking me to register.
I just did it and it worked. No score though.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14336 posts
2849 upvotes
Toronto
These reports are handy to verify that all your information is correct and there are no issues related to merchants/services that are listed. The credit score needs to be taken with a grain of salt as it does not show Fico/Beacon values which are commonly used for Mortgage, Car, Hiring and other critical functions.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless