Equifax , www.EquifaxCreditWatch.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2021 11:19 am
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 13, 2021
3 posts

Equifax , www.EquifaxCreditWatch.ca

Just wanted to report a problem with this website , I have subscribed to this product over 13-14 years ago , every month
the $10 bucks are deducted from my account and in return every 4 months I get to see my Credit profile and credit score

Recently I called in to Cancel Subscription , so logged into portal and found there was no place to Opt out or Cancel service

Furthermore , I got email from another company claiming my EquifaxCreditWatch account will transfer to this New Company
"Sigma Royalty Group" This email actually is why I was opting out of credit watch becasue they never asked for my consent that my profile can be sold to this other company

Now I called 1-866-892-2595 this number on www.EquifaxCreditWatch.ca and then my call got transferred to some where in Philipines or far east Asia , I could tell from the very heavy accent. While I was having conversation with her in background I can hear numerous other Call center workers asking other people about their personal id or questions / answers
Then she asks me my personal id , SIN , Credit card and email , and after the information collection just informs me

"Sorry she can't locate my profile on the system"

So I told her the website www.EquifaxCreditWatch.ca has a User Member ID # , yet she continued to claim sorry "Sir I can't find your profile,"

Being a bit alarmed at such a response , fine I went to the Equifax Canada website
there they are now promoting two new products

a) My Equifax
b) Equifax Complete (for family)

But I did not see the mention of www.EquifaxCreditWatch.ca , very odd I talked to few representatives

a) Representative 1 : Sir that was our old product , we now only have My Equifax and Equifax Complete
b) Representative 2: Sir I can't find your profile , may be you registered in USA site etc call a different number

Then when was talking to 2nd representative it looked like the guy was in India walking on a street taking the call up on cell phone , I could hear the honking of vehicles on the call

c) Then I got a email [email protected] , there they claimed they can't find my profile

Then I logged back into my profile at www.EquifaxCreditWatch.ca my promised insurance back up for identity theft now was displaying error before it used to display "Policy with $25,000 coverage"

It's been 2-3 days of hell going thru this , and my aim was simply to stop my month to month credit watch and do normal 1 year credit checks

It makes me feel the Canadian Authorities are asleep while foreign companies are collecting data and selling Canadian Data at will using loop holes to shady 3rd parties who claim to be guardians of knowledge

My current credit score is 800+ , worked up after very very hard effort paying payments on time for 15 years

I feel a bit powerless as being treated like this
Images
  • image_2021-08-14_074544.png
  • image_2021-08-14_075027.png
3 replies
[OP]
Aug 13, 2021
3 posts
Note:

I did further investigation on the matter and found , in 2017 This organization was in lights for Data Breaches by Canadian Authorities

Reference :
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/equifax-fine-1.5219957
https://www.thestar.com/business/2019/0 ... ement.html

However in my case , I have a running membership , and I get charged $10-11 bucks monthly but when I call them to ask to close my account I get the run around

Note: The Website and credit reporting is current as the website does shows my current accounts information banks and telecom

They just have a problem to cancel my subscription becasue they suddenly can't find my account
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13072 posts
8318 upvotes
Markham
MellowUser2021 wrote: Note:

I did further investigation on the matter and found , in 2017 This organization was in lights for Data Breaches by Canadian Authorities

Reference :
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/equifax-fine-1.5219957
https://www.thestar.com/business/2019/0 ... ement.html

However in my case , I have a running membership , and I get charged $10-11 bucks monthly but when I call them to ask to close my account I get the run around

Note: The Website and credit reporting is current as the website does shows my current accounts information banks and telecom

They just have a problem to cancel my subscription becasue they suddenly can't find my account
How could they not find your account while charge you?
[OP]
Aug 13, 2021
3 posts
Seems like on Red Flag Deals other people also reported similar issue
cancel-equifax-subscription-2121350/

@smartie
> Yes well I do have proof , on credit card statement , charges from Equifax with Origin Address for in USA
Obviously charges every month

Seems like their tactic is , to reel in users with a low premium for monthly checks and then make it hard to opt out
Upon some investigation it seems they do allow opt out for US clients

I have never used their products (Canadian) to judge how their service is for these products
>MyEquifax
>Equifax Premiere (for family)

I had subscribed to product www.equifaxcreditwatch.ca and my share is about how the organization behaves when you make a request for cancellation

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)