Apr 20, 2007
74 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton

Cerprise PLA $11.99/kg, Silk PLA $14.99/kg

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Eryone
Eryone has a pretty good deal on their Cerprise branded PLA. I bought four rolls of green Cerprise PLA from an earlier deal, and it has worked okay for me. It says there is free shipping if you order at least 10 rolls.

Unfortunately, they are out of stock of white, but they have red, green, blue, and black available in the PLA as of this post.
16 replies
Sep 20, 2011
335 posts
1667 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
I hope this filament doesn't have any cerprises for me 3 hours into a print.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1338 posts
2965 upvotes
qwerty17327 wrote: I hope this filament doesn't have any cerprises for me 3 hours into a print.
This is the reason why I never buy PLA on clearance.. Had bad experience too many time :/
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2007
74 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton
qwerty17327 wrote: I hope this filament doesn't have any cerprises for me 3 hours into a print.
Ha. It wasn't filament related, but I've recently had some layer shifts about 10 hours into a couple prints. My acceleration was set a bit too high.
Mar 20, 2016
543 posts
512 upvotes
Vancouver
jyxent wrote: Eryone has a pretty good deal on their Cerprise branded PLA. I bought four rolls of green Cerprise PLA from an earlier deal, and it has worked okay for me. It says there is free shipping if you order at least 10 rolls.
Did you compare it to their regular PLA?
I don't really understand why they have two brands.

There is PETG also for sale but "galaxy" which I assume is glitter/abrasive, so I'll avoid that.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4735 posts
1994 upvotes
WFH
InvaIid wrote: This is the reason why I never buy PLA on clearance.. Had bad experience too many time :/
Yeah, it's clearance for a reason. I'd be ok trying a couple of spools but shipping kills the deal on that quantity.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1338 posts
2965 upvotes
jpwkr1 wrote: but "galaxy" which I assume is glitter/abrasive, so I'll avoid that.
That's why I keep older parts as spare for when I want to print with glitter/glow in the dark pla ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1272 posts
626 upvotes
I quite like their Eryone silk filament. Here's Rey's lightsaber that I just printed in silver silk and painted. Like previous poster, I'd take a shot on a few rolls of the Ceprise but shipping kills it, and I'm not going to gamble on 10 rolls.
Images
  • Image.jpeg
Mar 28, 2016
179 posts
476 upvotes
These spider-man busts were done using the green cerprise from a previous sale. with these sales, Eryone is the brand I seem to print the most of, especially their silks. Just finished a 58 and a half hour print using their ultra Silk Dark Gold.
Images
  • Screenshot_20220812-192309.jpg
  • IMG_20220811_125838.jpg
Jun 9, 2006
874 posts
265 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: That's why I keep older parts as spare for when I want to print with glitter/glow in the dark pla ;)
Wait, what?
I regularly use Glow-in-the-dark PLA... Are you saying it causes premature wear on my printer parts, more than regular PLA?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1272 posts
626 upvotes
intelmic wrote: Wait, what?
I regularly use Glow-in-the-dark PLA... Are you saying it causes premature wear on my printer parts, more than regular PLA?
Glitter, carbon fibre, wood, etc. are harder on the tips than other filaments due to the additives. I dont know about glow in the dark.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1338 posts
2965 upvotes
intelmic wrote: Wait, what?
The strontium aluminate that is used as the component that glows in the dark can chew away a brass nozzle only after a couple of hundered grams of material
(Quoted from here: https://www.cnckitchen.com/blog/how-muc ... our-nozzle but there is many reference to this online)
Aug 26, 2008
170 posts
278 upvotes
Oakville
Glow in the dark too can chew the nozzles.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1338 posts
2965 upvotes
dimplygecko wrote: These spider-man busts were done using the green cerprise from a previous sale. with these sales, Eryone is the brand I seem to print the most of, especially their silks. Just finished a 58 and a half hour print using their ultra Silk Dark Gold.
Damn that helm print look great!
May 10, 2010
800 posts
1201 upvotes
Kenora
I've noticed that the Cerprise PLA has weird layer lines, that I don't get with any other filament. I usually get the Eryone brand stuff when it goes on sale (I have about 20ish rolls) and decided to get a bunch of white Cerprise PLA for a droid print. It doesn't bridge very well and I've noticed it doesn't print as "smooth" as others. It'll be fine for what I'm doing, will just require some more sanding and filling. It'll all be painted anyways. But I wouldn't buy it again.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4735 posts
1994 upvotes
WFH
poopdedoop wrote: I've noticed that the Cerprise PLA has weird layer lines, that I don't get with any other filament. I usually get the Eryone brand stuff when it goes on sale (I have about 20ish rolls) and decided to get a bunch of white Cerprise PLA for a droid print. It doesn't bridge very well and I've noticed it doesn't print as "smooth" as others. It'll be fine for what I'm doing, will just require some more sanding and filling. It'll all be painted anyways. But I wouldn't buy it again.
Of course, that may be something that can be dialed out with some experimentation but I think the biggest problem with these budget filaments is inconsistency between batches leading to very mixed results.
May 10, 2010
800 posts
1201 upvotes
Kenora
dirtmover wrote: Of course, that may be something that can be dialed out with some experimentation but I think the biggest problem with these budget filaments is inconsistency between batches leading to very mixed results.
I thought it was possibly my slicer settings, or my printer. My printer is fairly well tuned (to the point where I've had minimal issues that weren't due to my mistake in slicing), but trying multiple rolls of the Cerprise brand all results in the same layer lines. Switching to other, higher quality brand PLA leaves no such defects. Same printer, same slicer settings.

It could be that I have a lot of rolls from the same "bad" batch. But regardless, that's not something I want to risk in the future (it's always a risk with any brand) but I think I'll stick with the main Eryone brand or others.