61 posts
50 upvotes
MTL QC

Thinker SE 3D printer + 20KG (20 rolls!) filament $449USD

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Eryone
Just a heads up for anyone looking at the Eryone Thinker SE on Amazon, Eryone direct has stock in their Vancouver warehouse AND they have a deal with 20KG of random filament for $449USD = Approx $570CAD
It's actually cheaper in Canada for this deal than the US, which shows up at $550USD.

https://eryone3d.com/products/thinker-se

I emailed before and requested 14 x PLA, 5 x PETG, and 1 x TPU, they had no problem with my request but obviously I can't pick the colour.
They also informed me it'll actually be 2 rolls of TPU since they're 0.5KG each, so I bit the bullet and placed the order.

Supposed to arrive in 2-7 days via Fedex, I can update if anyone's interested.
125 replies
May 10, 2002
323 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
Seems like a good deal if you need the huge build volume (300x300x400). Most people would likely be able to get away with a smaller machine.
TMC2208 driver. $28 * 20kg = $560 CAD of filament as you say.

The other printers with the same volume:
Artillery Sidewinder X1 ($460 USD)
CR-10s ($400 USD)
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2238 posts
1107 upvotes
Markham
i have an ender 3 v2 now and want to upgrade to bigger volume

what would be a good choice for 300x300?

The Tronxy X5SA Pro was on sale for like $300 tax in.. i am aware of the headache that comes with it.. but damn that is cheap

i also attended a facebook live event from Mingda when they promoted their new Rock 3 Pro that is coming next month... looks very good actually, never heard of them until yesterday

I dont want to add the extension kit to make the ender 3 v2 bigger.. seems kinda stupid

this thinker SE deal seems like a good deal too
Last edited by andyyuen on Jan 7th, 2021 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2238 posts
1107 upvotes
Markham
porter81 wrote: Just a heads up for anyone looking at the Eryone Thinker SE on Amazon, Eryone direct has stock in their Vancouver warehouse AND they have a deal with 20KG of random filament for $449USD = Approx $570CAD
It's actually cheaper in Canada for this deal than the US, which shows up at $550USD.

https://eryone3d.com/products/thinker-se

I emailed before and requested 14 x PLA, 5 x PETG, and 1 x TPU, they had no problem with my request but obviously I can't pick the colour.
They also informed me it'll actually be 2 rolls of TPU since they're 0.5KG each, so I bit the bullet and placed the order.

Supposed to arrive in 2-7 days via Fedex, I can update if anyone's interested.
Is it for sure going to be coming from Vancouver wearhouse?
I remember a lot of people that bought the Creality from their official site saying from Canadian warehouse and they end up getting it from China and got ding'd by customs.. please let us know when you receive :)

also... any HST?
Last edited by andyyuen on Jan 7th, 2021 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 13, 2020
150 posts
123 upvotes
Edit: never mind. I see the button. That’s a lot of filament. Gotta use it fast cause old filament tends to have issues.
Nov 15, 2017
315 posts
618 upvotes
WEST CANADA
Could be purchased just for the filament, CA$570.38 / 20kgs equals CA$28.52 per kg, the same price as filament sells on Amazon. Just sell crappy the printer on Kijiji for 60-70 dollars and you have some cheap filament.
Nov 22, 2016
49 posts
48 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The Thinker SE is a solid printer, I've got 2 and very happy with the quality of the prints.
Your RFD Rights
Your wallet has the right to remain closed.
Anything you pay full-price for can and will be used against you in the court of RFD.
You have the right to a Search Bar.
If you cannot find the Search Bar one will be pointed out to you.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2238 posts
1107 upvotes
Markham
There is a code ERYONE3D at the top for an additional 5% off.. but I cant seem to get it to work
Jul 21, 2016
970 posts
2118 upvotes
damnkbd wrote: The Thinker SE is a solid printer, I've got 2 and very happy with the quality of the prints.
Just placed my order, could I hit you with a few questions? I also got a bl_touch module elsewhere. Any other upgrade I should get? Is there a glass bed compatible? I can't seem to find one.

If anyone somehow doesn't want filament it's 400 on amazon
https://www.amazon.ca/Printer-Thinker-P ... B083SBX7QX

Edit: Well it come with a glass bed. And they also agreed to send different filament kinds to me. The reply time of their support email was 6 minutes.. I expected a few days.. they are good!
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)
Jan 11, 2007
95 posts
98 upvotes
zebracobra007 wrote: Could be purchased just for the filament, CA$570.38 / 20kgs equals CA$28.52 per kg, the same price as filament sells on Amazon. Just sell crappy the printer on Kijiji for 60-70 dollars and you have some cheap filament.
Definitely a bad idea to buy it just for the filament, which you can find for ~$20-25 at many stores, and you would be able to actually choose your colours and not have a huge stockpile that may get brittle.
3dprintingcanada.com ($21+ for PLA, free ship over $99)
Sandoz3dfilaments.ca ($21+, free ship over $100, 10% off welcome code)
filaments.ca ($19.95+, free ship over $125)
botfeeder.ca ($16+, but they charge shipping. 15% off welcome code)
to name but a few.
[OP]
Feb 19, 2016
61 posts
50 upvotes
MTL QC
andyyuen wrote: Is it for sure going to be coming from Vancouver wearhouse?
I remember a lot of people that bought the Creality from their official site saying from Canadian warehouse and they end up getting it from China and got ding'd by customs.. please let us know when you receive :)

also... any HST?
They didn't charge any taxes, I paid through PayPal so it's not like they can ding me with more charges. I'll see on delivery if there's any additional fees/taxes.

I guess the shipping time will show if it's actually from Vancouver, but based on the fact this deal was cheaper in Canada than for the US, I don't believe they're shipping out of China and are just clearing stock.

They told me this model will be discontinued so they're clearing them out, they'll be concentrating on the new smaller printer (ER20).

For 300x300 printers, the CR10 is fairly popular. Cheapest I've seen the V2 is $370USD.
The Thinker SE is based on the CR10 (they're all the same at this price point really) so it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned at this price.
I was looking at the Sovol SV03 at $435USD,direct drive and 350x350x400, but there isn't enough feedback and I've already started seeing some questionable reviews.

Also, if you're uneasy about ordering through them directly, Amazon regularly has this on sale at $370+$380 with 1 roll of PLA.

Also, PLA/PETG/TPU doesn't "go bad" for at least 10 years if it's stored vacuum sealed with dessicant, this isn't food it's plastic. Yes, open and exposed to air will bring it to a year, and exposed to humidity will bring it to a month, but people have had success drying out old filaments.
I own a vacuum sealer in any case, so I'm not really worried about my plastic going bad.
Last edited by porter81 on Jan 8th, 2021 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2019
181 posts
257 upvotes
$449 CAD for me. No brainer

Edit: Scratch that, showing USD even though I have CAD selected
Last edited by mybadreligon on Jan 8th, 2021 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2019
181 posts
257 upvotes
MoreDealsPlease wrote: 449 with the filament? How?
My bad, it's not. Had CAD selected but was still showing USD, which doesn't show currency until you get to PayPal

Edit: Worth noting that regardless of selected currency it seems to process in USD when you get to PayPal
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2537 posts
1634 upvotes
montreal
zebracobra007 wrote: Could be purchased just for the filament, CA$570.38 / 20kgs equals CA$28.52 per kg, the same price as filament sells on Amazon. Just sell crappy the printer on Kijiji for 60-70 dollars and you have some cheap filament.
I will give you 100 for the crappy printer !
Jun 14, 2012
44 posts
28 upvotes
ORILLIA
The ender 3 deal from a few weeks ago? It ended up being 188 Canadian and shipped in an Amazon box. I am putting it together tomorrow. I am pretty excited for my second printer.
Feb 8, 2011
362 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
I will take just printer of some one wants to get rid of it
Jan 6, 2008
313 posts
90 upvotes
Ottawa
I purchased the Eryone Thinker S from Amazon a week ago and it was $330CAD. This is $570CAD so it comes out to ~$12/kg ((570-330)/20) which seems pretty decent. However, as others have mentioned I would worry about the filament being stored for a long time.
I realize I got the Thinker S vs the Thinker SE but they're pretty similar and I hope to assemble it this weekend.
eryone thinker.png
Nov 22, 2016
49 posts
48 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Sure!
It prints well right out the box for smaller build volumes.
Bltouch is the only essential upgrade you need cuz the glass bed isn't completely flat.
Most other upgrades can be 3D printed.
I got myself some fan upgrades too to keep the noise down, as well as thick rubber mat underneath.
Your RFD Rights
Your wallet has the right to remain closed.
Anything you pay full-price for can and will be used against you in the court of RFD.
You have the right to a Search Bar.
If you cannot find the Search Bar one will be pointed out to you.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)