Dec 13, 2014
24 posts
98 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

Escape From Tarkov - 20% off

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% off
EFT is a hardcore, multiplayer, realistic FPS with a focus on loot management. If you die in a “raid” you lose all your gear. Its about $50 Canadian right now. One of the most talked about games as of recent. Give it a look. I just bought today and I am enjoying it. Its stressful though!
38 replies
Mar 14, 2017
261 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if it's a good idea to buy a game that still doesn't have a release date after 4 years
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
24 posts
98 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
corwal wrote: Not sure if it's a good idea to buy a game that still doesn't have a release date after 4 years
Thats fair, but the access to the beta you get is fun. Feels mostly complete from what I’m playing.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
32393 posts
3194 upvotes
Winnipeg
i saw some game play but don't understand this game
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
24 posts
98 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
divx wrote: i saw some game play but don't understand this game
Basically you go into different levels known as raids and kill other players/npcs for loot then evacuate the premises with the loot. If you die you lose it all.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
32393 posts
3194 upvotes
Winnipeg
so what is the goal of this game? what is the win condition? or do you just keep on looting forever till you get bored?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2894 posts
1637 upvotes
RDodds wrote: Basically you go into different levels known as raids and kill other players/npcs for loot then evacuate the premises with the loot. If you die you lose it all.
So the PvP zone in Division?

I loved that mechanic.
Oct 20, 2019
2 posts
divx wrote: so what is the goal of this game? what is the win condition? or do you just keep on looting forever till you get bored?
There are quests that you complete to gain loyalty with the merchants in the game. It's still in beta so there's no end to it yet though.

Or you can loot forever until you get bored.
May 23, 2009
769 posts
183 upvotes
Vancouver
corwal wrote: Not sure if it's a good idea to buy a game that still doesn't have a release date after 4 years
the lesson I learned after buying DayZ... DONT BUY A GAME UNLESS ITS 100% COMPLETE
Jun 29, 2016
732 posts
302 upvotes
I got this game full price few weeks ago and been playing it since. I find it fun, it is in fairly good shape. It is a bit hard at the beginning but a nice challenge.
Would have loved to be able to get the 20% off :).
Aug 14, 2014
576 posts
455 upvotes
Not sure why the down votes, this game has become really popular lately and if you enjoy this type of game play you will like the game. Yes theirs no real end game except looting, but it's more for PVP and the thrill of permadeath and item loss
Jun 29, 2016
732 posts
302 upvotes
Esg876 wrote: Yes theirs no real end game except looting,
The tasks are fun too.
Aug 13, 2011
434 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Probably the best realistic shooter available right now
Apr 21, 2013
170 posts
79 upvotes
Montreal
ProtossCraft wrote: the lesson I learned after buying DayZ... DONT BUY A GAME UNLESS ITS 100% COMPLETE
I can respect the sentiment. I also tend to be wary of early access. I'd say don't buy a game unless you are happy with the state its in right now. You can still have fun with an early game, but more importantly the definition of a finished game is now a blurry mess. Anthem was released on a disc. It was a finished game according to the games industry standard of a complete game. It wasn't labelled as early access. It got a disc in a jewel case in a big box store. It got reviewed by big site. It had a metacritic score. etc. I think people need to exercise judgment.

On the positive end, I bought Dead Cell in early access and it was quite polished. Now the game has more content and more polish, but the experience at the time was good. I think my main worry with early access is more burning out on a game before it hits its peak. I bought Satisfactory early access a year ago, put it down and now came back in a year later with their latest update. Games industry has changed. Looking at store shelf at Best Buy isn't a good indicator anymore of what is worth playing.
Dec 16, 2012
657 posts
262 upvotes
Barrie, ON
ProtossCraft wrote: the lesson I learned after buying DayZ... DONT BUY A GAME UNLESS ITS 100% COMPLETE
Amen......
Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun with Day Z even though it was never complete, but the dev taking my money and running really opened up my eyes to these beta games... And $50 is not a "beta" price in my eyes either...