• Aug 3rd, 2019 12:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5378 posts
2448 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Esso] 50 PC Optimum or 5X Esso points per litre at Esso with speedpass app

Earn at least 50 PC Optimum points per litre or 5X Esso Extra™ points when you pay for fuel with the Speedpass+™ app June 27 – September 30
Your text to link here...

There's some confusion about the deal. I think the interpretation below is incorrect. If you use PCMC you would get upto 105 points. I used gift card to pay and got the correct amount of points (50pts/L).
See the photo attached. This was at a Mobil location. I will try to get a pic from Esso whenever possible.

EDIT: PCMC must be used in order to earn the bonus PCO points:
††Speedpass+ PC Optimum offer is valid from June 27 at 12:00:01am until September 30 at 11:59:59pm at participating Esso and Mobil stations. Offer valid only on fuel purchases made using the Speedpass+ app where an eligible loyalty card or a valid PC Financial Mastercard has been onboarded. The PC Financial Mastercard must be used as payment in order to earn the PC Financial Mastercard points associated with this promotion, which includes the PC Optimum points per litre available to all PC Optimum members. PC Optimum points cannot be earned in the same transaction as Esso Extra points. Standard eligibility terms and conditions apply and can be found at pcoptimum.ca as applicable. No cash value. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. Offer valid from June 27 to Sept 30.
Images
  • IMG_20190701_123632.jpg
Last edited by Wpegger on Jul 1st, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
216 replies
Nov 8, 2004
63 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thank you for the heads up
May 25, 2015
138 posts
285 upvotes
Markham, ON
Equivalent of 5 cents/L in points
Apr 25, 2012
884 posts
277 upvotes
Which is better? PC or esso points? I've never used PC before
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2332 posts
989 upvotes
††Speedpass+ PC Optimum offer is valid from June 27 at 12:00:01am until September 30 at 11:59:59pm at participating Esso and Mobil stations. Offer valid only on fuel purchases made using the Speedpass+ app where an eligible loyalty card or a valid PC Financial Mastercard has been onboarded. The PC Financial Mastercard must be used as payment in order to earn the PC Financial Mastercard points associated with this promotion, which includes the PC Optimum points per litre available to all PC Optimum members. PC Optimum points cannot be earned in the same transaction as Esso Extra points. Standard eligibility terms and conditions apply and can be found at pcoptimum.ca as applicable. No cash value. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. Offer valid from June 27 to Sept 30.

5x Esso Extra points offer is valid from June 27 at 12:00:01am until September 30 at 11:59:59pm at participating Esso and Mobil stations. Offer valid only on fuel purchases made using the Speedpass+ app where an eligible loyalty card has been onboarded. A valid Esso Extra card must be used in the Speepdass+ app as part of the payment transaction to earn Esso Extra points. PC Optimum points cannot be earned in the same transaction as Esso Extra points. Standard eligibility terms and conditions apply and can be found at essoextra.com as applicable. No cash value. Please note that not all Mobil stations participate in the Esso Extra program. Visit https://www.esso.ca/en/find-station to see which Mobil stations offer the Esso Extra program.
Uh, the bolded/underlined portion above is key... The standard earn rate when using a PC Mastercard is 30pts/litre, so the bonus if paying with PC Mastercard is actually only 20pts/litre (correct me if I'm misinterpreting)

It seems that 5x Esso Extra option is a much better value with this promotion since you can then at least collect credit card points in addition.

Edit - OP has reminded me that the (non-fine print) text stated "at least" 50 PC points, though i dont see where it actually states the actual PCpoint earn rate on that page. I'll be sticking with Esso Extra for this promo
Last edited by RubberCheese on Jun 29th, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 23, 2017
984 posts
801 upvotes
Calgary
These programs and their changing earn rates (some are regional even..) are getting complicated to keep track of.
As someone who purchases exclusively premium fuel, and has a PC WE MasterCard, what are my earn rates through Speedpass+ vs. PC Optimum?

I typically fuel up at Mobil and get 70pts/l back (Calgary), but honestly have no idea what the earn rate is at Esso stations at this point.

EDIT: So Esso's earn rate on 91/93 Octane is ordinarily 40pts/l, but is 50pts/l with this promotion if I'm reading correctly ..
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1871 posts
1249 upvotes
Ottawa
This is what I got today, about 32 litres of gas and $40 spent (this was my 4th $40 purchase for June so that's where the 4000 pts came from). I can't remember if more points are coming from PC MC?
Images
  • upload.jpg
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1648 upvotes
OKSpring wrote: These programs and their changing earn rates (some are regional even..) are getting complicated to keep track of.
As someone who purchases exclusively premium fuel, and has a PC WE MasterCard, what are my earn rates through Speedpass+ vs. PC Optimum?

I typically fuel up at Mobil and get 70pts/l back (Calgary), but honestly have no idea what the earn rate is at Esso stations at this point.

EDIT: So Esso's earn rate on 91/93 Octane is ordinarily 40pts/l, but is 50pts/l with this promotion if I'm reading correctly ..
This is why I hate PC they make it so confusing. Should be straight X points for X litre.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3055 posts
499 upvotes
How do I link my PC Optimum to Speedpass+ app? I only see option to link Esso Extra.
Jan 26, 2018
572 posts
264 upvotes
I got the 4 purchase of 40 or more in July promo in my app, does it count if I pay by speedpass linked with my PC credit card?
Nov 7, 2011
31 posts
24 upvotes
Sackville, New Bruns…
Noob1ee wrote:
Jun 28th, 2019 7:40 pm
How do I link my PC Optimum to Speedpass+ app? I only see option to link Esso Extra.
you need click on the hamburger menu then click on loyalty, you can add it there
Nov 7, 2011
31 posts
24 upvotes
Sackville, New Bruns…
Noob1ee wrote:
Jun 28th, 2019 7:40 pm
you need click on the hamburger menu then click on loyalty, you can add it there
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1871 posts
1249 upvotes
Ottawa
keshan wrote:
Jun 28th, 2019 7:48 pm
I got the 4 purchase of 40 or more in July promo in my app, does it count if I pay by speedpass linked with my PC credit card?
Yep! See my screenshot above - I completed my June offer in that exact way.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5378 posts
2448 upvotes
Winnipeg
RubberCheese wrote:
Jun 28th, 2019 6:44 pm
Uh, the bolded/underlined portion above is key... The standard earn rate when using a PC Mastercard is 30pts/litre, so the bonus if paying with PC Mastercard is actually only 20pts/litre (correct me if I'm misinterpreting)

It seems that 5x Esso Extra option is a much better value with this promotion since you can then at least collect credit card points in addition.
The PC Mc points are awarded at 70 pts per litre during the peomo iirc