• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 8:57 pm
Nov 22, 2012
318 posts
245 upvotes
AMHERST
smackioio wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 5:39 pm
So I filled my tank with 24l of premium 93 gas. I have added the PC Optimum card to my Speedpass+ app and also paid with the PCF Mastercard Elite via the SpeedPass+ app. What I got was 240 pts foe Esso Fuel and 960 pts as Bonus SpeedPass+ pts so a total of 1200 pts. That comes to 50 pts per liter, is that what I am supposed to get? the OP picture shows up to 105 pts per liter so I'm a bit confused?! I do have both the PC Optimum and the PCF Mastercard so will I get points for Mastercard later? If so, how can I get the 105 pts per liter? I got 50, where are the other 65 coming from?

Update: I just got 750 pts as PC WORLD ELITE MC FUEL REWARDS, so now the total would be 1950 pts , which is 80 pts / liter. I am still not sure how they came up with a max of 105 pts??

Filled 24l , got this :

Esso Fuel 240 pts
SpeedpassPlus Bonus 960 pts
PC WORLD ELITE MC FUEL REWARDS 750 pts
The optimum points earned for gas purchases vary depending on the location.

The Mobil gas stations near me offer 50 points per litre (65 if paying with a PCF MC).

The Esso gas stations near me offer 50 points per litre (70 if paying with a PCF MC).
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1223 posts
708 upvotes
jevonb wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 8:14 pm
The optimum points earned for gas purchases vary depending on the location.

The Mobil gas stations near me offer 50 points per litre (65 if paying with a PCF MC).

The Esso gas stations near me offer 50 points per litre (70 if paying with a PCF MC).
So I got 50pts per L from Esso (including the SpeedPass+ bonus ones) and 30 pts per L from PCF Mastercard, is that all I get then (aprox 80 pts per L total) ?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
5555 posts
472 upvotes
GT-EH
I couldn't even add my fuel discount card into the app. So weird, anyone got this issue?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7413 posts
3747 upvotes
North York
Premium wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 12:28 pm
I couldn't even add my fuel discount card into the app. So weird, anyone got this issue?
I didn't have any problem adding my fuel discount card into the app, but there was one station which didn't apply the discount somehow.
I should message Esso to make sure they'll honor the discount next time I fuel up again at that particular station.

Anyone received those fuel your tank X times get extra points on PC Optimum app this month? I no longer see this offer in any of my family's PCO accounts.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1880 posts
1255 upvotes
Ottawa
DragonRider wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 12:38 pm
Anyone received those fuel your tank X times get extra points on PC Optimum app this month? I no longer see this offer in any of my family's PCO accounts.
I had got that offer in June and July but nothing for August.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Aug 22, 2009
249 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
Holy wow. After four tries I finally got the app to work. Applied promo points instantly. Charges show pending for 150, then instantly refunded and then another charge for the actual amount.

Finally it worked for once!
Aug 8, 2019
1 posts
I filled up last Sunday and on the bottom of my digital receipt it said "Your points will be updated later". The receipt shows my account number but when I check for my transactions under the Esso Extra rewards program it doesn't show. I was able to get all my bonus points prior to this without any issues. Anyone else have this problem? When will I get my points?

Also I was reading the program rules on their website "Members cannot earn more than 250 base Points in a single transaction and no more than 1,000 Points in a single transaction. " Anyone hit these limits?
Jul 26, 2011
405 posts
384 upvotes
NORTH YORK
m00nshine wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 5:21 pm
I filled up last Sunday and on the bottom of my digital receipt it said "Your points will be updated later". The receipt shows my account number but when I check for my transactions under the Esso Extra rewards program it doesn't show. I was able to get all my bonus points prior to this without any issues. Anyone else have this problem? When will I get my points?

Also I was reading the program rules on their website "Members cannot earn more than 250 base Points in a single transaction and no more than 1,000 Points in a single transaction. " Anyone hit these limits?
I'm getting 1500+ every fill up. 250 base points probably means 250 dollars worth of 87 octane.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3601 posts
987 upvotes
QC
Just received this from Speedpass after complaining about the issue in the apps
We recently experienced a technical issue with the Speedpass+™ app that would have prevented you from making a purchase with the app. Our team has now resolved the issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you’ll consider using the Speedpass+ app again.

Until September 30, you can earn 50 PC Optimum points per litre* or 5X Esso Extra points†, when you pay for fuel with the Speedpass+ app at participating Esso and Mobil stations.

We have also included a link to download a Price Privileges™ e-card that will give you a 5¢ per litre fuel discount (to a maximum of 100 litres, expiring on December 31, 2019). You can add this e-card to your Speedpass+ app to apply the discount when you use the app to pay at the pump.

If you prefer, you may also pay inside the store at Esso and Mobil stations, and get your discount by printing a copy of your digital Price Privileges card or displaying it on your mobile phone and scanning the barcode prior to fueling.

Thank you for your loyalty and we hope to see you soon at an Esso or Mobil station!
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1880 posts
1255 upvotes
Ottawa
Today I noticed my Wi-Fi was off and then I got a notification on my phone that Speedpass+ app had turned Wi-Fi off yesterday when I used the app. Anybody else have that happen? I used a LOT of my data watching YouTube last night!
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Jul 10, 2008
71 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
Call their support 800-567-3776 . I have same problem and they told me my acct been locked for some reason, take a week to get unlocked then I am ok to add cards
Premium wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 12:28 pm
Apr 1, 2009
107 posts
87 upvotes
I joined this promotion in July and added PC Optimum card as Loyalty and PC financial mastercard as payment. I didn't check the points until today. After I reviewed PC Optimum account, it seems that only PC mastercard points came in. All base points and bonus points in speedpass never shown in the account. However, the points are shown on the receipt. Today's receipt shows that PC OPTIMUM BALANCE is 24730 PTS only, but I have over 300000 points in the account actually. It looks like the PC Optimum account wasn't linked correctly. I double checked the card# which is correct. Anybody has same issue?
Nov 25, 2009
305 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver
The deal is gonna end in less than a month Loudly Crying Face
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3067 posts
527 upvotes
Worst deal ever, the app never worked for me.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1298 posts
682 upvotes
Calgary
Noob1ee wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:36 pm
Worst deal ever, the app never worked for me.
That’s unfortunate. It’s worked for me all summer except once in early August when I couldn’t get it to work. But PC Optimum credited me the missing points that I would have got had it worked so it was no loss for me.