• Jul 1st, 2016 12:07 pm
[OP]
Dec 21, 2015
159 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Esso] Esso Amex $50 CarWash Gift Card & $20 PRICE PRIVILEGES in $49

Received this email today!

I guess everyone who has Esso and a AMEX card can make use of this offer.

There is a limit of fifteen (15) Esso Packages per Cardmember.

American Express® Cardmembers can purchase* a package that includes a $50 EssoTM Car - Wash Gift Card, redeemable at over 275 participating On the Run, Marche Express and Tiger Express locations at Esso stations in Canada and an Esso PRICE PRIVILEGES Fuel Savings Card, valued at $20. Cardmembers can use this PRICE PRIVILEGES Fuel Savings card to save $.05 per litre, up to 400 litres, for up to a maximum of $20, each time they fuel up at Esso Stations across Canada. Propane fuel purchase is excluded. To redeem your savings swipe your fuel savings card in-store or at the pump at all Esso stations in Canada.

American Express Purchase Window: Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 - Tuesday, July 5th, 2016.

Package for One (1) Includes:

Esso Car-Wash Gift Card ($50 Value)
Esso PRICE PRIVILEGES Fuel Savings Card ($20 Value)

Package Price For One (1): $49* (Shipping and taxes included in package price).

Esso Car-Wash Gift Card and PRICE PRIVILEGES Fuel Savings Card will be sent by mail 14 business days after order3.

Ten thousand (10,000) Esso Packages are available on a firstcome, firstserve basis. There is a limit of fifteen (15) Esso Packages per Cardmember.

Terms & Conditions
* Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
  1. Esso Car-Wash Gift Card valued at $50, redeemable at over 275 locations across Canada. For a list of Esso stations and Carwash locations, please visit http://www.essostations.ca/station-locations/canada. Esso Car-Wash Gift Card cannot be combined with any other Esso promotion and is not redeemable for cash. For complete terms and conditions, please visit https://www.essogiftcard.ca/app.
  2. Esso PRICE PRIVILEGES Fuel Savings Card is valued at $20. This card is redeemable for fuel savings in-store or at the pump at participating retail Esso stations in Canada. The card must be presented or swiped at time of payment for the purchase of motor fuels only, propane fuel excluded. Only one Esso PRICE PRIVILEGES Fuel Savings Card can be used per transaction and cannot be combined with any other fuel savings coupons. Imperial Oil is not responsible for replacing the value on this card if it is lost, stolen, destroyed, damaged or used without the Cardmembers consent.
  3. 3This offer is provided and fulfilled by Imperial Oil's service provider, Exchange Solutions Inc. Esso Car-Wash Gift Card and Esso PRICE PRIVILEGES Fuel Savings Card will be sent 14 days after ordering.This offer is shipped via Canada Post, exact delivery will be based upon Canada Post delivery timing.
  4. Access Esso Location information and available amenities/services provided at each location by visiting http://www.essostations.ca.
American Express is not responsible for the fulfillment of this offer.
Esso and PRICE PRIVILEGES are trademarks of Imperial Oil Limited. Imperial Oil, licensee.
Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4756 posts
1741 upvotes
Winnipeg
Not a terrible deal, but not crazy hot. I already get 2.5 c off per liter with a current price privileges card, so really this gets me an extra $10 off + the $1 savings of $49 vs $50...

Sucks if Canada Post is locked out, we might not see this in the mail for months.
[OP]
Dec 21, 2015
159 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Agree its not hot since most of us including myself have stocked petro canada gift cards from the eBay deal. I'm not sure I'll go for this esso one but posted for other members. Somebody can benefit from this.
Dec 5, 2015
587 posts
650 upvotes
Verdun, QC
I get 6 cents off by grocery shopping at provigo.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2379 posts
793 upvotes
Whitehorse
ironchefff wrote: It's a much better deal from Groupon. $37 for the same $50 Car Wash Gift Card. - https://www.groupon.com/deals/esso-50-g ... ronto-area
If you ever receive it. I ordered 2, but they never came. Groupon said "tLk to Esso" and Esso (Imperial) said "talk to Groupon". It took hours of emails and phonecalls to at least get a refund.

Not worth it.
[OP]
Dec 21, 2015
159 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I bought two esso $50 car wash gift cards in $18 each, using the new Groupon member 50% off promo. Both cards arrived on time and still using them. My mileage.
Banned
Feb 25, 2016
307 posts
85 upvotes
Can anyone use the gas discount cards? Thinking of giving them as gifts.
Oct 20, 2004
638 posts
152 upvotes
Ottawa
BernardMarx wrote: Can anyone use the gas discount cards? Thinking of giving them as gifts.
I know that one shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but the discount cards aren't really the best gift unless that person gets their gas exclusively at Esso. A straight up $20 gift card would be a much better gift. These discount cards force the person to buy 400 L of gas at Esso to save $20.
Banned
Feb 25, 2016
307 posts
85 upvotes
yaldaren wrote: I know that one shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but the discount cards aren't really the best gift unless that person gets their gas exclusively at Esso. A straight up $20 gift card would be a much better gift. These discount cards force the person to buy 400 L of gas at Esso to save $20.
I am interested in the car washes only, and my friend lives around the corner from the local Esso station. He has a 5000 lb pickup truck; will use that much gas in a month.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1282 posts
292 upvotes
BernardMarx wrote: Can anyone use the gas discount cards? Thinking of giving them as gifts.
Please don't give them out as gifts. Would you gift a 4% coupon to some store? It be similar to receiving a say Loblaw coupon for $20 off a $500 grocery bill. It's fine to give it to someone but not as a gift.
Banned
Feb 25, 2016
307 posts
85 upvotes
Meridian wrote: Please don't give them out as gifts. Would you gift a 4% coupon to some store? It be similar to receiving a say Loblaw coupon for $20 off a $500 grocery bill. It's fine to give it to someone but not as a gift.
I think you underestimate the utility of a five cent discount on gas, to someone who is filling a 135 litre F-150 tank.

Also, I am not interested in anyone's opinion on suitability of gifts, I just want to know if anyone can use the card, as opposed to just the purchaser or Amex cardholder.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1282 posts
292 upvotes
BernardMarx wrote: I think you underestimate the utility of a five cent discount on gas, to someone who is filling a 135 litre F-150 tank.

Also, I am not interested in anyone's opinion on suitability of gifts, I just want to know if anyone can use the card, as opposed to just the purchaser or Amex cardholder.
Yes, anyone can use them. Gifting is definitely your personal choice. These cards are often misunderstood (seeing some people paying $20 for a $25 discount card). Therefore, I just wanted to clarify they are more like a coupon (instead of a $20 GC). It's great you know exactly what it is and will make more sense to someone who has to fill up 100L weekly. However, there are still many people that don't quite understand these cards and just wanted to clear it up.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2963 posts
833 upvotes
Vancouver
BernardMarx wrote: I just want to know if anyone can use the card, as opposed to just the purchaser or Amex cardholder.
Anyone can use the cards. Only AMEX customers can purchase this package.