• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2019 7:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2320 posts
793 upvotes

[Esso] Bonus 30 PCpts/L via Optimum App

This weekend in addition to the regular PC points earned you can get a bonus 30 PCpts/L with your offer loaded in the Optimum App
Images
  • 70ABFFD4-7C23-42C3-833F-BAC15CF6267B.png
PSN: Sakaban
29 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3042 posts
2930 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Although I have this offer, it could be YMMV.

Not too enticing. Translates to 3c a litre, which we can get easily at other pumps. I switched to Petro Canada because RBC offers 3c/l off on all fuel purchases at any Petro Canada pump at all times. RBC CB card has no annual fee either. This is on top of Petro points.
Last edited by carmageddon on Dec 20th, 2019 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2493 posts
1021 upvotes
Quebec
carmageddon wrote: Although I have this offer, it could be YMMV.
Nah they pass the pub at the Radio, so i'm guessing it's everyone
Dec 7, 2009
282 posts
142 upvotes
Ajax
The app works really well and is super convenient (esp when you forget your wallet!)
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2324 posts
1601 upvotes
Calgary
I can confirm the offer showed up in my app. Use at Superstore and you’ll get a total of 6.5 cents per litre back. Too bad I just filled up last night...
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2012
1010 posts
365 upvotes
I usually get esso points instead of optimum. How many optimum points do u normally get with esso? Is it worth it?
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2320 posts
793 upvotes

Not too enticing. Translates to 3c a litre, which we can get easily at other pumps. I switched to Petro Canada because RBC offers 3c/l off on all fuel purchases at any Petro Canada pump at all times. RBC CB card has no annual fee either. This is on top of Petro points.
Yea I thought about that too and switch to Petro, but ESSO right outside my house. With the PC World Elite Mastercard it is becomes roughly around 60pts per litre so around 6 cents. or maybe more if you redeem with Shoppers bonuses
PSN: Sakaban
Jan 26, 2018
909 posts
517 upvotes
I also saw one in my app that 2000 points when you spend $20 or more on fuel at Esso or Mobil Stations
it's just the right time, I need to get fuel today.
Mar 12, 2017
408 posts
289 upvotes
demzie wrote: I usually get esso points instead of optimum. How many optimum points do u normally get with esso? Is it worth it?
I feel that esso points -> car wash is more worth it.
Dec 27, 2007
501 posts
261 upvotes
jarfgames wrote: Use at Superstore and you’ll get a total of 6.5 cents per litre back.
Would you elaborate on this? Sounds like a West thing as I have not heard such a thing out East.

Thanks!
Jan 23, 2014
83 posts
39 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
This seems to be for everyone and ya if you fill up at esso it's not a great deal but if you can find or have a Mobil near you then that's 100 points per Litre so I just filled up 50 litres and got 5 bucks.

Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2324 posts
1601 upvotes
Calgary
kkostadinof wrote: Would you elaborate on this? Sounds like a West thing as I have not heard such a thing out East.

Thanks!
You always get 3.5 cents in PC points when you fill up at Superstore (Mobil). Add in this extra 3 cents and you get a total of 6.5 cents.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2438 posts
1125 upvotes
Edmonton
jarfgames wrote: You always get 3.5 cents in PC points when you fill up at Superstore (Mobil). Add in this extra 3 cents and you get a total of 6.5 cents.
Using PC financial card for payment always gives you 7c/l so this brings it to 10c/l.......not too shabby....
Oct 5, 2006
624 posts
467 upvotes
Winnipeg
kkostadinof wrote: Would you elaborate on this? Sounds like a West thing as I have not heard such a thing out East.

Thanks!
Alberta Superstore Mobil stations gives 7.5cents/L pc points and Saskatchewan and Manitoba gives 10cents/L back if you use PC mastercard and link it to your pc points account/app.
Nov 18, 2014
352 posts
388 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Capricornxs wrote: Alberta Superstore Mobil stations gives 7.5cents/L pc points and Saskatchewan and Manitoba gives 10cents/L back if you use PC mastercard and link it to your pc points account/app.
Calgary Coop gives 8 cents (though what you get from the cheque depends on your coop equity but 4cents plus 4cents equity is pretty easy) plus whatever you credit card gives on gas.
Jan 26, 2018
909 posts
517 upvotes
Use my PC credit card to pay at pump as always, and the screen freeze at the authorization stage. Had to go all over again and pay inside. And no points show up in my app so far.
Oct 5, 2006
624 posts
467 upvotes
Winnipeg
keshan wrote: Use my PC credit card to pay at pump as always, and the screen freeze at the authorization stage. Had to go all over again and pay inside. And no points show up in my app so far.
was it a location you go to frequently? I'd just be careful about your credit card info being stolen in an incident like that.
Jan 26, 2018
909 posts
517 upvotes
Capricornxs wrote: was it a location you go to frequently? I'd just be careful about your credit card info being stolen in an incident like that.
Yes, it's my regular stop for gas, so I will wait a day or two and see if they update the points before I call CS