[Esso] Esso $10 Price Privileges Card YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 8:16 pm
Tags:
Sep 5, 2005
741 posts
1384 upvotes
Victoria
DoubleJ5 wrote: The high markups for gas at Esso are just so high that after this discount it just brings the price per litre to standard rates. Stick with Costco/Superstore/Super Save Gas.
Depends where you live. In my area, all gas stations are priced the same except Costco.
Sep 5, 2020
151 posts
87 upvotes
chris5555 wrote: That's for the US, and is worth signing up for if you cross the border a lot. Otherwise, probably not.
It’s for Canada too, the provinces are listed after the states. They do ask for cc info even tho it’s free
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1346 posts
216 upvotes
Quebec City
Damn, I wasn't opted-in for promo and marketing emails... I guess that's what you miss when you don't want endless emails from marketing departments of 1281 different companies.
Sep 17, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Does loading the $10 price privileges card in the app automatically cause it to apply it when we pay through the app or do we have to go in the store and have a clerk scan it off of our phone?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4812 posts
3170 upvotes
Vancouver
DoubleJ5 wrote: The high markups for gas at Esso are just so high that after this discount it just brings the price per litre to standard rates. Stick with Costco/Superstore/Super Save Gas.
Uhh. Superstore is Mobil Gas. Where you can use Speedpass+ and this card to pay for your gas.

Ron.
Jan 13, 2012
362 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver
JustMe000 wrote: It’s for Canada too, the provinces are listed after the states. They do ask for cc info even tho it’s free

The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 30 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Groupon Terms and Conditions. Groupon member must register as a Fuel Rewards member within 30 days from claiming the offer. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Code will not function for existing Fuel Rewards members New Members Only. Fuel Rewards savings limited to 20 gallons of fuel per purchase. Fuel Rewards savings issued through this offer will expire on the last day of the month immediately following the month in which they are posted to the Fuel Rewards member's account. Void where prohibited by law. Offer only available in US. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Sep 5, 2020
151 posts
87 upvotes
chris5555 wrote: The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 30 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Groupon Terms and Conditions. Groupon member must register as a Fuel Rewards member within 30 days from claiming the offer. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Code will not function for existing Fuel Rewards members New Members Only. Fuel Rewards savings limited to 20 gallons of fuel per purchase. Fuel Rewards savings issued through this offer will expire on the last day of the month immediately following the month in which they are posted to the Fuel Rewards member's account. Void where prohibited by law. Offer only available in US. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Strange they would let you buy it in Canada then.
Jan 13, 2012
362 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver
JustMe000 wrote: Strange they would let you buy it in Canada then.
Agreed. When you go to Shell in the states, they ask for your fuel rewards instead of Air Miles. You had me excited for a bit as they tend to be more generous than the equivalent AM.

Edit: If you ever do a roadtrip, sign up anyways as the rewards are instant at the pump and you can use a Canadian telephone # as your login.
Sep 5, 2020
151 posts
87 upvotes
chris5555 wrote: Agreed. When you go to Shell in the states, they ask for your fuel rewards instead of Air Miles. You had me excited for a bit as they tend to be more generous than the equivalent AM.

Edit: If you ever do a roadtrip, sign up anyways as the rewards are instant at the pump and you can use a Canadian telephone # as your login.
I’m not close enough to the border to go cross border shopping every weekend like some do. Also who knows when the border will reopen. Have to read and see if these expires
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1259 posts
779 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Looking for more Esso discounts as well thanks to Moola Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 5, 2005
741 posts
1384 upvotes
Victoria
JustMe000 wrote: Strange they would let you buy it in Canada then.
Groupon is one big site, except for Quebec. You'll see US & Canadian offers together. It's tricky for those near the border, because sometimes we'll get emails for offers that aren't far as the crow flies, but are actually in the States. I've started looking for the C$ that shows up next to the price in order to determine if it's a Canadian or US deal.