Expired Hot Deals

[Esso] Esso giving free $25 voucher for healthcare workers

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2020 3:13 am
[OP]
Member
Jan 30, 2007
282 posts
293 upvotes

[Esso] Esso giving free $25 voucher for healthcare workers

Received the following email from Esso...

Now more than ever, Canadians are relying on our dedicated healthcare professionals working to keep us healthy and safe. The team at Imperial is inspired by their heroic actions and extends our most sincere gratitude. As a way to say Thank You for their continued efforts, we are providing up to $2 million in free fuel to Canada’s nurses, doctors, paramedics, hospital staff and other frontline health care workers through an offer of 80,000 digital vouchers, each worth $25.


Here’s how frontline health care workers can apply now:


Go to
https://healthcarehero.ca/en/apply


Register by completing the brief submission process.If your application is approved, you will receive your digital voucher by email.Load your card onto your
Speedpass+TM app to use contactless payment or print your digital voucher.Enjoy $25 free towards fuel and eligible automotive or convenience store products.


Imperial’s frontline health care hero campaign is open until September 1, 2020, or until the 80,000 digital vouchers are distributed.
Thread Summary
TERMS:
Image
64 replies
Newbie
May 24, 2019
40 posts
96 upvotes
Apparently a wait on the website... I have a 18min wait to see if I can apply for my healthcare working wife.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5643 posts
4607 upvotes
Vancouver
Someguysbrowsing17 wrote: Apparently a wait on the website... I have a 18min wait to see if I can apply for my healthcare working wife.
Eligibility to Participate: The Campaign is open only to residents of Canada who: (i) are nurses, doctors, paramedics, hospital staff (including cleaning staff), and other frontline healthcare workers (“Frontline Healthcare Workers”); and (ii) have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of application (collectively, “Eligible Participants”).

Agreement to be Bound: By participating in this Campaign, you are signifying your agreement that you have read, understood and agree to be legally bound by these Terms & Conditions.

How to Participate: Eligible Participants can participate in the Campaign during the Campaign Period by completing the application form at healthcarehero.ca to apply for one (1) Promotional Gift Card. Eligible Participants are only eligible to participate in the Campaign one (1) time and are only eligible to apply for and, subject to availability of Promotional Gift Cards, receive, one (1) Promotional Gift Card.

There's no language about applying on behalf of someone.. please ask your wife to apply.

Ron.
Newbie
May 24, 2019
40 posts
96 upvotes
newfbc wrote: There's no language about applying on behalf of someone.. please ask your wife to apply.

Ron.
You don't have someone working in healthcare that is stressed all the time, If I ask her to apply most likely it will result in something being thrown at me.
I check to see these stuff and this clause is a red flag. Not worth $25 gas.

each participant grants to the Sponsor a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her photograph (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for use in an on-line gallery or collage for the purposes of the Campaign, or for any other advertising or promotion purposes related to the Campaign, whether during or after the Campaign Period; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her photograph (and each component thereof) in favour of the Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use the photograph (or any component thereof); and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her photograph (or any component thereof) including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever.

Nice if your willing to forego that right, pass for us.
Banned
Apr 25, 2020
11 posts
5 upvotes
Great job on Essos behalf.

I'll let my mum know she can apply for this.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5643 posts
4607 upvotes
Vancouver
Someguysbrowsing17 wrote: You don't have someone working in healthcare that is stressed all the time, If I ask her to apply most likely it will result in something being thrown at me.
I check to see these stuff and this clause is a red flag. Not worth $25 gas.

each participant grants to the Sponsor a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her photograph (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for use in an on-line gallery or collage for the purposes of the Campaign, or for any other advertising or promotion purposes related to the Campaign, whether during or after the Campaign Period; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her photograph (and each component thereof) in favour of the Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use the photograph (or any component thereof); and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her photograph (or any component thereof) including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever.

Nice if your willing to forego that right, pass for us.
The photo submission is optional.

Ron.
Member
Sep 25, 2010
232 posts
159 upvotes
Can Pharmacists apply for this? Some groups don't consider us "frontline health workers"
Jr. Member
Nov 28, 2014
127 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Screenshot_20200427-172146_Chrome.jpg

name, email, employer name, job.

pic optional

scroll to bottom of Terms

Submit
Member
Jan 15, 2002
245 posts
33 upvotes
57 minute wait time
THIS IS A DARK RIDE
Newbie
Dec 21, 2017
48 posts
24 upvotes
There was a 44 minute wait then it jumped to 57 minutes wait . If only my breaks were that long
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 28, 2016
1492 posts
5290 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
I hope whoever down votes this doesn't catch a case...... Cause it will happen unfortunately
What's in your wallet?
Member
May 27, 2017
288 posts
412 upvotes
Grocery clerk workers get screwed again
Member
Sep 29, 2010
361 posts
496 upvotes
you never know... 800,000 could turn out to be 20,000 if Esso pulls a Shell-gate...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 19, 2005
4463 posts
1378 upvotes
Tried it for my wife with Firefox. Doesn't seem to work (the Next button does nothing). Will try again in Chrome (1h wait).

Update: The Next button works if you don't checkbox to agree to the terms. The behaviour of the box seems to be reverse of what's intended.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 19, 2015
6141 posts
6093 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Someguysbrowsing17 wrote: Apparently a wait on the website... I have a 18min wait to see if I can apply for my healthcare working wife.
that's to prevent RFD HTTP referrals lol
Member
User avatar
Nov 1, 2012
325 posts
160 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Thanks OP! I'm an x-ray technologist at a busy hospital so this is much appreciated.

Bit shocked they don't ask for some sort of proof to prevent fraud.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 31, 2006
935 posts
88 upvotes
Wondering if it's dead. I clicked to register, then got re-directed back to the queue.

Ah okay I got through the Q again and managed to register. Hope it works out.
Last edited by vanessie on Apr 27th, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top