Expired Hot Deals

Esso

Make three purchases using your Speedpass+™ and receive a $10 Privileges™ card "YMMV"

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2021 10:53 am
[OP]
Nov 21, 2019
12 posts
146 upvotes
vancouver

[Esso] Make three purchases using your Speedpass+™ and receive a $10 Privileges™ card "YMMV"

Make three purchases of 30 litres of fuel or more using your Speedpass+™ app before July 7th 2021 and receive a Price Privileges™ card in your Speedpass+ wallet that lets you save 5 cents per litre up to 200 litres. That's $10 in fuel savings!
---------------------------------
There's no link however if you login to your speedpass, you should be able to see the offer.
Speedpass won't work sometimes and my experience is turning off the "location permission" and then scan the bar code on the gas machine. That will help
Images
  • acc.JPG
  • 1287707151.jpg
73 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1933 posts
2824 upvotes
Atlantic
I can find this in the Speedpass App under Menu (3 Lines)-> My Offers.

The Offer page says that it has expired but there's a link that says "About this Offer" and that seems to work.
46CFF87B-2F0F-4465-92C8-610EBB1D20E8.png
Last edited by EasyCompany251 on May 22nd, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3311 posts
3094 upvotes
Ontario
I got this offer too. Problem is my Speedpass app did not work the last 2 fill ups. Had to manually pay inside (so the purchases won't be registered in the app)

Have to call in now to get them to fix it for this promo going forward.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1622 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
Got the notification BUT, based on my usage of only picking up my kids to and fro daycare, I am able to use my full tank of gas in one month. Not going to drive for no reason only to get a $10 discount
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3311 posts
3094 upvotes
Ontario
HaoChenYang wrote: Speedpass won't work sometimes and my experience is turning off the "location permission" and then scan the bar code on the gas machine. That will help
Can I pay at the pump using gift cards and gas discount cards that are loaded onto my Speedpass app?

The recent problems I had was trying to pay using the app while sitting in my car. I was able to select the pump #, ensure default gift card, gas discount card and loyalty card are all selected properly. Got a message stating account issue just when I'm about to finalize. Happened twice at 2 different locations.

But in-store, I can manually scan all 3 cards from my app. But the purchase does not get recorded in my app so this will be an issue with this promo.
Sep 3, 2019
980 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
kiiaal wrote: Can I pay at the pump using gift cards and gas discount cards that are loaded onto my Speedpass app?

The recent problems I had was trying to pay using the app while sitting in my car. I was able to select the pump #, ensure default gift card, gas discount card and loyalty card are all selected properly. Got a message stating account issue just when I'm about to finalize. Happened twice at 2 different locations.
100% possible. I only recently obtained gas discount cards, but I've been using gift cards and loyalty cards loaded onto the app to pay at the pump for 9 months. Haven't had any issue with the use of all 3 cards yet.
Dec 2, 2019
298 posts
679 upvotes
Considering people have low fuel requirements (due to limited/restricted travel and work from home situations), this is barely a warm deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3311 posts
3094 upvotes
Ontario
QuicKi7 wrote: 100% possible. I only recently obtained gas discount cards, but I've been using gift cards and loyalty cards loaded onto the app to pay at the pump for 9 months. Haven't had any issue with the use of all 3 cards yet.
Thanks. I should really call Esso to find out about my app account issues. I really liked paying while sitting in my car instead of fumbling around at the pump or in-store.

But I will test scan at the pump for a $1 to see if it works. Good to have a backup plan.
Sep 3, 2019
980 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
kiiaal wrote: Thanks. I should really call Esso to find out about my app account issues. I really liked paying while sitting in my car instead of fumbling around at the pump or in-store.

But I will test scan at the pump for a $1 to see if it works. Good to have a backup plan.
Try deleting the cache/data then restarting the app. Also, make sure the gc actually has money on it (don't know where you obtained the gc, but if you obtained it from Moola, then I recall some people have gc balance issues).

Definitely a lot more convenient (and safer) than going inside and when I don't have to touch the number keypad!
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3311 posts
3094 upvotes
Ontario
QuicKi7 wrote: Try deleting the cache/data then restarting the app. Also, make sure the gc actually has money on it (don't know where you obtained the gc, but if you obtained it from Moola, then I recall some people have gc balance issues).

Definitely a lot more convenient (and safer) than going inside and when I don't have to touch the number keypad!
The GCs are all from Moola. But I don't have any issues with balances since I was able to pay in-store and the balances that show on the Speedpass app are all correct. I only have 3 GCs left to use up. Hoping to use them all up considering the arrest warrant issued for Moola's CEO.

Wil try deleting the cache/data then restarting the app. Thanks!

EDIT: I wonder if I can buy another Esso GC in-store with the Esso GC purchased from Moola?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1651 posts
1993 upvotes
Speed pass app is awesome. Always works for me but do you have to leave location on all the time for it to work?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1514 posts
581 upvotes
563786243045216 wrote: 30 litre minimum kills it for me.
yeah, I always do 2 transactions at the same time and that causes my credit card company to flag my credit card as suspicious. :facepalm:
Sep 3, 2019
980 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
simplypop wrote: Speed pass app is awesome. Always works for me but do you have to leave location on all the time for it to work?
Scan the QR code and the app will automatically find the esso location. No real need to turn on GPS unless the QR option fails repeatedly.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3311 posts
3094 upvotes
Ontario
kiiaal wrote: Can I pay at the pump using gift cards and gas discount cards that are loaded onto my Speedpass app?

But in-store, I can manually scan all 3 cards from my app. But the purchase does not get recorded in my app so this will be an issue with this promo.
QuicKi7 wrote: 100% possible. I only recently obtained gas discount cards, but I've been using gift cards and loyalty cards loaded onto the app to pay at the pump for 9 months. Haven't had any issue with the use of all 3 cards yet.
I’m at the pump. Are you sure you can SCAN the barcodes for the GC, Loyalty card at the pump?

I cannot find a scanner like the one they use in-store.

I deleted my cache, logged out/in of the SP+ App and is still giving me this error and their help desk doesn’t open on weekends.

5726F0C5-239D-4049-B24B-DD8077FBA3A4.jpeg

It worked wonderfully for months until recently.

Anyone else have this issue?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1933 posts
2824 upvotes
Atlantic
kiiaal wrote: Are you sure you can SCAN the barcodes for the GC, Loyalty card at the pump?
????????

Some massive confusion going on here.

You don't scan your giftcards AT the pump. You enter your giftcard numbers into your Speedpass wallet app - this puts the GC in your account. To do this, you start at the Speedpass Homepage then click on the card symbol on the top right. Then click "add card" again on the top right.

Scanning using your Speedpass app only applies to when you have location services turned off and need to scan the QR code at the pump to authorize that pump at that location.

IMG_0145.PNG
IMG_0146.PNG
Last edited by EasyCompany251 on May 22nd, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 3, 2019
980 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
kiiaal wrote: I’m at the pump. Are you sure you can SCAN the barcodes for the GC, Loyalty card at the pump?

I cannot find a scanner like the one they use in-store.
I scan the QR code; select the pump; ensure correct gift card, discount card and loyalty card is selected; click okay; select price and; pull the pump out.

The cards are pre-selected / my default.

Card with checkmark is current default.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210522-195319_Speedpass+.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3311 posts
3094 upvotes
Ontario
EasyCompany251 wrote: ????????

Some massive confusion going on here.

You don't scan your giftcards AT the pump. You enter your giftcard numbers into your Speedpass wallet app - this puts the GC in your account. To do this, you start at the Speedpass Homepage then click on the card symbol on the top right. Then click "add card" again on the top right.

Scanning using your Speedpass app only applies to when you have location services turned off and need to scan the QR code at the pump to authorize that pump. To do this - you start the Speedpass home page and at the top right there's a card symbol. You click that and then you click "Add Card" at the top right again.
Thanks but I don’t think anyone is understanding my issue.

I have loaded my GCs, loyalty etc a LONG time ago and have been successfully paying from my app while sitting in my car.

Only recently, have I been getting that error msg so it forced me to go inside to pay by manually scanning the barcodes of the cards on my app.

I can pay inside but the problem is I noticed the transactions are not recorded in my SP app (which I believe is important for this promo)

So I was hoping I can somehow still manually scan my SP app at the pump to pay (in lieu of doing the clicks on my app) and have the transaction recorded in my app history.

I think I know my answer - no.

I’ll just call in next week. Thanks anyway!