Esso & Mobil - Purchase $100 E-Gift Card, Earn A $5 Bonus

Deal Link:
Savings:
5%
Expiry:
August 16, 2021
Retailer:
UGO
Are you ready for a hot summer getaway? Take advantage of this Esso and Mobil e-gift card offer in UGO® Wallet.

Hurry, offer available between July 26 and August 16, 2021. For every $100 spent on Esso and Mobil e-gift cards in your UGO Wallet account between those dates, you can earn a bonus $5 Esso and Mobil e-gift card, up to a maximum total amount of $25 in bonus e-gift card value per customer.

Bonus $5 e-gift card(s) will be deposited in your UGO Wallet account between July 26, 2021 and August 16, 2021. Bonus e-gift card(s) must be claimed no later than September 16, 2021 or will be removed from your UGO Wallet account and will not be retrievable.

UGO is an app for gift cards, you'll have to download the app to participate
RedFlagDeals Addict
109 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1455 posts
1271 upvotes
Ontario
Are you ready for a hot summer getaway? Take advantage of this Esso and Mobil e-gift card offer in UGO® Wallet.

Hurry, offer available between July 26 and August 16, 2021. For every $100 spent on Esso and Mobil e-gift cards in your UGO Wallet account between those dates, you can earn a bonus $5 Esso and Mobil e-gift card, up to a maximum total amount of $25 in bonus e-gift card value per customer.

Bonus $5 e-gift card(s) will be deposited in your UGO Wallet account between July 26, 2021 and August 16, 2021. Bonus e-gift card(s) must be claimed no later than September 16, 2021 or will be removed from your UGO Wallet account and will not be retrievable.

Offer Details:
This offer is available to individuals who, between July 26, 2021 and August 16, 2021 ("Campaign Period") become Eligible Participants by completing the steps below under "How to become an Eligible Participant." Subject to the terms and conditions herein, for every $100 spent during the Campaign Period by an Eligible Participant on Esso™ and Mobil™ e-gift cards ("e-Gift Card") through a valid UGO Wallet account ("Valid UGO Wallet Account"), that account will be eligible to receive a bonus $5 Esso and Mobil e-gift card ("Bonus Card"). Eligible Participants may purchase through a UGO Wallet account any number of eligible e-Gift Cards up to a maximum total qualifying amount of $500, with a resulting maximum aggregate total of $25 ("Maximum Bonus") in Bonus Cards issued.

Maximum Bonus applies: (a) per Eligible Participant regardless of whether an individual owns more than one smartphone or has more than one Valid UGO Wallet Account; and (b) per Valid UGO Wallet Account regardless of whether multiple individuals have the ability to use the Valid UGO Wallet Account.

How to become an Eligible Participant:
To become an Eligible Participant, you must:
1) Have a Valid UGO Wallet Account; and
2) Purchase a cumulative minimum of $100 in e-Gift Card in the UGO Wallet app during the Campaign Period.

Fulfillment:
The Eligible Participant’s Valid UGO Wallet Account will receive the Bonus Card(s) between July 26, 2021 and August 20, 2021.

Eligible Paricipant's Claim Obligation:
To be able to use the Bonus Card, an Eligible Participant must claim the Bonus Card by no later than September 16, 2021. A Bonus Card that is not claimed by September 16, 2021 will automatically be removed from the Eligible Participant’s Valid UGO Wallet Account and will not be retrievable.Eligible Participants must keep the UGO Wallet app on their smartphone until they have claimed the Bonus Card. Once claimed, the Bonus Card will not be removed by UGO from the Valid UGO Wallet Account. No hard copy of the Bonus Card will be provided.

How to use your e-Gift Card or Bonus Card in-store:
1. Present the barcode in-store to the attendant when making purchases at participating Esso and Mobil stations.
2. Have the attendant scan the barcode and pay remaining balance where applicable. Want to use your e-Gift Card at the pump at participating Essoand Mobil stations? Load it to the Speedpass+TM app. Tap ""Wallet"" in the My Account menu.

For full card Terms and Conditions visit giftcards.esso.ca/terms

No refunds or returns are offered or allowed. All Sales are final.
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1933 posts
2825 upvotes
Atlantic
Saw this deal via email as well.

Personally think it's a so so deal........5% is a bit soft.
Aug 21, 2012
407 posts
261 upvotes
Thanks OP. this deal is better than nothing and since we gotta spend money on gas anyways, why not!
Sep 16, 2019
934 posts
1011 upvotes
Unless there are deals right now giving away more than 5% ROI on gas.... I'm not sure I understand the downvotes.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
1456 posts
1562 upvotes
Vancouver
This is weak compared to previous UGO deals. it used to be $50 Esso/Mobil gift card and get $10. Sad.
Aug 24, 2018
742 posts
1012 upvotes
Langley BC
This isn't bad if you don't have any remaining from their $10 per $100 promo. I still have a few remaining from the last round as I find that I can usually save around $0.10 a liter filling up at costco vs esso.
Don..
Aug 21, 2019
577 posts
391 upvotes
BC
May as well buy some...

Do it during your work break. It may take 15 minutes to fill up gas with a dozen 5$ cards but it's not on your time therefore the value is passed on to you.

Lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4549 posts
1474 upvotes
Vancity
Using the $5 gc's is really a pain. It would be nice to they can be merged. I have like 20 gc's under $5. The Esso I go to has a 7-11 which takes Esso gc's. I use them to buy Slurpees.

At $5 gc per $100 purchased, for the % savings isn't that good for me personally. Using my CC through UGO, I get 1.25% in cb. Using another CC directly at the pump gets me 2%. Going through the UGO route nets 5%+1.25% - 2% = 4.25%.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2737 posts
536 upvotes
Vancouver
recordman wrote: Using the $5 gc's is really a pain. It would be nice to they can be merged. I have like 20 gc's under $5. The Esso I go to has a 7-11 which takes Esso gc's. I use them to buy Slurpees.

At $5 gc per $100 purchased, for the % savings isn't that good for me personally. Using my CC through UGO, I get 1.25% in cb. Using another CC directly at the pump gets me 2%. Going through the UGO route nets 5%+1.25% - 2% = 4.25%.
Might be a even bit less if you use the PC mastercard, what if your heavily going to Esso/Mobil as that gets you 35 points / liter if you use their CC.
Feb 8, 2015
568 posts
598 upvotes
Kanata
Parrajara wrote: Unless there are deals right now giving away more than 5% ROI on gas.... I'm not sure I understand the downvotes.
some credit cards already give 5% on gas
Jul 3, 2019
282 posts
310 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DonM28020 wrote: This isn't bad if you don't have any remaining from their $10 per $100 promo. I still have a few remaining from the last round as I find that I can usually save around $0.10 a liter filling up at costco vs esso.
When was the last deal from UGO?
Sep 16, 2019
934 posts
1011 upvotes
garmium wrote: some credit cards already give 5% on gas
I still don't believe that makes the deal unappealing. It's matching the credit card, without an annual fee, a commitment, or credit check. Obviously everyone would like 10% savings on GC's.... but that's just being greedy. In my opinion. take the 5% or shut up (not you, just in general) lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4549 posts
1474 upvotes
Vancity
Parrajara wrote: I still don't believe that makes the deal unappealing. It's matching the credit card, without an annual fee, a commitment, or credit check. Obviously everyone would like 10% savings on GC's.... but that's just being greedy. In my opinion. take the 5% or shut up (not you, just in general) lol.
The 5% itself isn't bad. The bad part is using the small valued gc's. Imagine using 20x$5 to do a fill-up. Who has 20-30min. to spend at the pump?
signature closed for renovation
Jun 24, 2012
163 posts
128 upvotes
OTTAWA
Regret not buying a $3000 Esso gift card last time($100 get $10).
Bought $500 this time.
Nov 21, 2011
686 posts
129 upvotes
CALGARY
If you buy Multiple 100$ cards, the reward should be one 25$ or merged card as people are saying

Too much of hassle to scan multiple cards

If you go inside, the teller can scan up to 5 cards in one transaction if memory serves me correct
Sep 16, 2019
934 posts
1011 upvotes
recordman wrote: The 5% itself isn't bad. The bad part is using the small valued gc's. Imagine using 20x$5 to do a fill-up. Who has 20-30min. to spend at the pump?
It's a few minutes of time for $5. If it's too much of a hassle to pull out a phone and have it scanned, because of the time it consumes, than just pay full price. I believe our society is too lazy and entitled, nothing personal to you.
Sep 19, 2010
113 posts
87 upvotes
vancouver, BC
You can add these gift cards to your speedpass app and it should process automatically.

Edit: I was wrong. See the rest of the thread.
Last edited by mkaymakci on Jul 26th, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2017
249 posts
168 upvotes
garmium wrote: some credit cards already give 5% on gas
Exactly what I wanted to say or go to buy Esso GC at groceries for 5% cash back coz the bonus $5 card is a hassle to use
Nov 30, 2017
249 posts
168 upvotes
Parrajara wrote: It's a few minutes of time for $5. If it's too much of a hassle to pull out a phone and have it scanned, because of the time it consumes, than just pay full price. I believe our society is too lazy and entitled, nothing personal to you.
The problem with speed pass is you can only pay up to the value of the gift card. The pump stops at $5 if you use a $5 card. You have to go into the store to pay to use a multiple GCs. A hassle exactly during Covid

Btw, a lot of credit cards are already paying 5% at gas stations so it’s not necessary to go through this trouble for the 5%