Vancouver
Also got the email.
Waiting for the $5 bonus to show up.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2450 posts
920 upvotes
Burnaby
Combined this offer with Tangerine Mastercard + GCR with referral signup bonus.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
5786 posts
3224 upvotes
amplified wrote: Combined this offer with Tangerine Mastercard + GCR with referral signup bonus.
Why only TNG MC? How abut any other cc with bonus?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2450 posts
920 upvotes
Burnaby
ml88888888 wrote: Why only TNG MC? How abut any other cc with bonus?
True, I only provided it as an example to others in this thread that said the offer wasn't a deal (while it may be true, one could make it a deal through this route). UGO don't take Amex so the SCP card is out of the question.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8593 posts
9355 upvotes
The Prairies
Parrajara wrote: Unless there are deals right now giving away more than 5% ROI on gas.... I'm not sure I understand the downvotes.
Well I’m currently getting 7.6% return with my PCWE at Mobil, so there’s that Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Oct 22, 2007
213 posts
85 upvotes
Vancouver
You go to the cashier and have them scan it all in 1 transaction, I did this when they had the $10 for every $100 giftcard last year.
Aug 8, 2020
560 posts
184 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: Well I’m currently getting 7.6% return with my PCWE at Mobil, so there’s that Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Would it be the same with Esso station or is it only the mobile ones attached to Loblaws?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8593 posts
9355 upvotes
The Prairies
CALITSLA wrote: Would it be the same with Esso station or is it only the mobile ones attached to Loblaws?
Different earn rate with Esso.
Also, Mobil is different earn rate for every province.
Here in Manitoba, we earn 35 points per litre with the PC Optimum points card, or 90 points per litre with any PC Financial card.
With a PC Financial card, you also get 1% back in points on the dollar value of the fuel purchase, when it posts to the credit card account.
That’s pretty tough return to beat.
Is why I keep the credit card, and only fuel at Mobil.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1833 posts
941 upvotes
how long is it taking to get the 5$ cards? I remember the 10$ one was just a day or 2 but so far no 5$ in sight.
Nov 21, 2011
709 posts
134 upvotes
CALGARY
This world is funny
We use another app to buy Gc for another app
Then the app can’t handle multiple gc so we go to the cashier
May 7, 2015
297 posts
115 upvotes
North York, ON
Received my bonus gift card today
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
5786 posts
3224 upvotes
calgaryleb wrote: This world is funny
We use another app to buy Gc for another app
Then the app can’t handle multiple gc so we go to the cashier
Can you explain what exactly you are try to do? What app for another app? How many apps?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1493 posts
1304 upvotes
Ontario
ml88888888 wrote: Can you explain what exactly you are try to do? What app for another app? How many apps?
I think what they are trying to say is that we are using the UGO app to buy Esso gift cards for the Speedpass app but because you can't use more than one gift card when paying at the pump (I'm assuming that's more of an Esso payment processing issue than an app issue), we have to pay inside when intending on using multiple gift cards in the same transaction.
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Jul 21, 2021
66 posts
49 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote: how long is it taking to get the 5$ cards? I remember the 10$ one was just a day or 2 but so far no 5$ in sight.
I spent $100 on July 26th and just got my $5 gift card today
Apr 22, 2010
272 posts
178 upvotes
Markham
Is anybody else having trouble adding their $5 bonus card to the Speedpass app? I was able to add 1, but can't add 2 others I received.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1193 posts
1404 upvotes
Vancouver
Appreciated if anyone can help me out.... do I earn PC points using the gift cards to buy lotto? Shell will not give out Airmiles with lotto. I have been going to Petro-Can to earn points buying lotto. But I am running low of the $100 gift cards from eBay.ca. Thinking to switch to Esso to buy lotto. If so, I will get some from this deal. Cheers.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20915 posts
8430 upvotes
Toronto
wranglery wrote: Appreciated if anyone can help me out.... do I earn PC points using the gift cards to buy lotto? Shell will not give out Airmiles with lotto. I have been going to Petro-Can to earn points buying lotto. But I am running low of the $100 gift cards from eBay.ca. Thinking to switch to Esso to buy lotto. If so, I will get some from this deal. Cheers.
For now, until the program changes, you get points on lottery with the Esso Extra program.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1193 posts
1404 upvotes
Vancouver
DaVibe wrote: For now, until the program changes, you get points on lottery with the Esso Extra program.
Thanks. I don't have the Esso Extra, only OPC. Guess I will stick with Petro Point then.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1387 posts
398 upvotes
Is anyone having problem using e-gift card loaded in speedpass app last 2 days? None of my cards will work.
😃
Apr 22, 2010
272 posts
178 upvotes
Markham
bose wrote: Is anyone having problem using e-gift card loaded in speedpass app last 2 days? None of my cards will work.
I haven't tried using my bonus cards yet.

But I can't add 2 of my 3 cards to the Speedpass app. :(