Expired Hot Deals

UGO

Esso & Mobil - Purchase $100 E-Gift Card, Earn A $5 Bonus

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2021 7:27 pm
Jun 14, 2020
105 posts
82 upvotes
is it because the app only allows you to add one bonus card?
I'm having the same problem, but did you try using those bonus cards in person at the cashier?
May 7, 2015
311 posts
128 upvotes
North York, ON
I haven’t used the gas gift cards yet but I received another 5.00 bonus today and I was able to add it to the app.
Jun 7, 2006
284 posts
70 upvotes
am i the only one thats ugo changes the display brightness on iphone.. after you select a card and close it using the x the iphone display goes to zero brightness?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1392 posts
400 upvotes
Dragon Reborn wrote: I haven't tried using my bonus cards yet.

But I can't add 2 of my 3 cards to the Speedpass app. :(
Fenrir00 wrote: is it because the app only allows you to add one bonus card?
I'm having the same problem, but did you try using those bonus cards in person at the cashier?
I tried using the card with the app and inside with the cashier. Both times it would not work. According to the cashier, all the barcodes I tried got declined so I called Esso customer service and they confirmed that I have balances on the cards and they don't know why I can't use it and hung up on me twice. One of the customer service even told me to try to use it one week later as Esso stopped processing all e-gift cards in Canada.
At this point, I don't care about the $5 bonus, all I want is to be able to redeem a couple of 100 cards I paid for it.
😃
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
21860 posts
9491 upvotes
Toronto
bose wrote: I tried using the card with the app and inside with the cashier. Both times it would not work. According to the cashier, all the barcodes I tried got declined so I called Esso customer service and they confirmed that I have balances on the cards and they don't know why I can't use it and hung up on me twice. One of the customer service even told me to try to use it one week later as Esso stopped processing all e-gift cards in Canada.
At this point, I don't care about the $5 bonus, all I want is to be able to redeem a couple of 100 cards I paid for it.
Try putting it into another app, like Moola.
At least it generates a UPC for you when you enter in a number. Scan directly from the Moola app.

UGO provided the funds / credit, this falls onto them IMO. Hey, no one can use these funds, investigate and send me another.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1520 posts
354 upvotes
bose wrote: I tried using the card with the app and inside with the cashier. Both times it would not work. According to the cashier, all the barcodes I tried got declined so I called Esso customer service and they confirmed that I have balances on the cards and they don't know why I can't use it and hung up on me twice. One of the customer service even told me to try to use it one week later as Esso stopped processing all e-gift cards in Canada.
Try redeem it in the speed+ app by Esso. It should work.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11134 posts
87839 upvotes
Ontario
this is a bs deal.

even wechat esso deal offer better than this.

I think it was 10% plus 5Cents off.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
May 7, 2015
311 posts
128 upvotes
North York, ON
Thatdealguy wrote: this is a bs deal.

even wechat esso deal offer better than this.

I think it was 10% plus 5Cents off.
What is the wechat esso deal? That sounds like a good deal. I am interested.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
21860 posts
9491 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: Try putting it into another app, like Moola.
At least it generates a UPC for you when you enter in a number. Scan directly from the Moola app.

UGO provided the funds / credit, this falls onto them IMO. Hey, no one can use these funds, investigate and send me another.
Just to double down on what I said ...
Walmart sent me an egift card for a refund. I printed it out and brought it to a store and they couldn't get it to work. I was pissed because I'm like this is YOUR gift card issued by YOUR company.
I added it to the Moola app, which generated a UPC and I was able to use it in-store, no problem.
May 7, 2015
311 posts
128 upvotes
North York, ON
Just wondering for the people that have trouble using the gift card, have you contacted UGO? What was their response?
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11134 posts
87839 upvotes
Ontario
Birdbrain wrote: What is the wechat esso deal? That sounds like a good deal. I am interested.

10% off gc plus 5cent off promo card.

Too bad I can't use wechat pay.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
May 7, 2015
311 posts
128 upvotes
North York, ON
Thatdealguy wrote: 10% off gc plus 5cent off promo card.

Too bad I can't use wechat pay.
Sorry I’m still confused. I thought wechat was like whatapp... for msg.. is their a gift card store in the app? What methods of payment do they accept?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1392 posts
400 upvotes
timeoninternet wrote: Try redeem it in the speed+ app by Esso. It should work.
I already tried in the speed+ app but it said invalid payment.
😃
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1392 posts
400 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Try putting it into another app, like Moola.

Isn't UGO barcode same as the Esso barcode? I had no issue adding the e-gift card to speedpass+ app but couldn't use the balance either through the app or cashier inside.
😃
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
21860 posts
9491 upvotes
Toronto
bose wrote: Isn't UGO barcode same as the Esso barcode? I had no issue adding the e-gift card to speedpass+ app but couldn't use the balance either through the app or cashier inside.
I know, but these guys are saying they can't get their cards into the Speedpass app and/or are not working from UGO. Okay, time to try it in another app.

Speedpass is just a gift card holder, not sure why it wouldn't agree to holding the card, that's a little weird.

And no, they are not always the same. I've had Esso gift cards that only worked once I added them to the Speedpass app. I remember one time I stood in the store (not at the counter) adding my card to the app which wouldn't scan originally.
After that, it worked no problem.
I think it was an e-card or contest win or something, I forget how I had it and why it wasn't working but I remember standing at Eglinton and Bermondsey adding the card in the store and getting it to work lol
Aug 8, 2020
589 posts
196 upvotes
Those who purchased in increments of$100, got the bonus in one card or increments of$5?

Thinking if it's easier to get 3*$100 to get $15 bonus card
Aug 8, 2020
589 posts
196 upvotes
By the way those having issues loading into speedpass, you can scan it from Ugo app at the store inside
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
6100 posts
3409 upvotes
CALITSLA wrote: Those who purchased in increments of$100, got the bonus in one card or increments of$5?

Thinking if it's easier to get 3*$100 to get $15 bonus card
It gave separate bonus cards for each $100 purchase for Sobeys offer i bought last time.