Hot Deals

[Esso] Redeem 10,000 optimum points for $10 off Gas/ 5000 points for ANY car wash - Ottawa only?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2020 1:03 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17970 posts
5301 upvotes
Toronto
ottawa_guy wrote: Me neither! Usually I never wash my car. But I just got a new one this week. Midnight Black. Things a freakin' dust magnet! So I may take advantage of this promo.
Wax, wax and more wax. Clay.
Don't touch it with anything. Nothing. Bird pooped on your car? Use the correct product to take it off and then use something to take off that product.

Black is very difficult to maintain and it will show, fast. If you don't care, you don't care. Touchless FULL TIME. Don't touch it with a brush, ever.
Dynatos wrote: Since fewer people are driving, fewer people need car washes. They're trying to get people to wash their cars. ;)

I know I haven't washed ours in over 6 months. Heck, I think we've put <2k km on it in 6 months.
Fewer people are driving? My drive home takes me longer than it ever has, my estimate is TTC customers who have jumped into a car.
Downtown to Scarborough is my commute - tonight I practically ran to my car so I could get a jump on the commute.

OVERALL, yes fewer people are driving. GTA, I don't know.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3564 posts
2151 upvotes
Vancouver
iamskyhigh wrote: How is this a hot deal?
Actually it can be a hot deal for those who gather a lot of points and need an outlet to redeem. The interesting thing is bonus redemption isn’t always the best time to use points. Remember SDM regular prices are often inflated so you need a bonus redemption to happen the same time as a sale to occur (for the things you want). Also if you shop a lot at SDM, you will find gaining points there is often easier than spending points there due to all the 20x point events (more likely to occur with sales on items you want).

Of course this does depend on what you buy and your buying habits. Personally I gain points pretty fast and most of my redemptions don’t even happen during bonus redemption. The only bonus redemptions I generally redeem on are Black Friday (Saturday) or boxing week. I do redeem quite often however at no frills and city market (west) at regular value.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2009
459 posts
423 upvotes
Ottawa
DaVibe wrote: Wax, wax and more wax. Clay.
Don't touch it with anything. Nothing. Bird pooped on your car? Use the correct product to take it off and then use something to take off that product.

Black is very difficult to maintain and it will show, fast. If you don't care, you don't care. Touchless FULL TIME. Don't touch it with a brush, ever.

Fewer people are driving? My drive home takes me longer than it ever has, my estimate is TTC customers who have jumped into a car.
Downtown to Scarborough is my commute - tonight I practically ran to my car so I could get a jump on the commute.

OVERALL, yes fewer people are driving. GTA, I don't know.
I’m glad now I have the paint protection and rustproofing, got a decent deal on it. Usually don’t buy extended warranties, but after the last one died with a year of payments to go and only 63k on it, I kinda just want something where I can say this is the payment and it’s covered until the loan ends. Scratches and all of that crap, they can take care of that with the paint warranty Slightly Smiling Face. I’ll make sure to use a touch less wash for sure, but I will probably do it by hand.
Oct 24, 2010
870 posts
662 upvotes
Ottawa
Wife went for a car wash today at Walkley and Conroy.

5000 points for the most expensive wash. No tax was charged.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2534 posts
1588 upvotes
How long is the car wash code good for? Eg if I buy in January, would I be able to use them through April?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
[OP]
Aug 22, 2009
459 posts
423 upvotes
Ottawa
Dynatos wrote: Wife went for a car wash today at Walkley and Conroy.

5000 points for the most expensive wash. No tax was charged.
Thanks! Added your location to the list, and also added another one I saw as well.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9033 posts
53663 upvotes
Ontario
ottawa_guy wrote: This is the first time I have seen Esso allow redemption of Optimum points at their pumps, if i'm mistaken please let me know.
I think it’s nationwide. Heard it on the radio as well
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Jul 1, 2012
208 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Which location has the best car wash in Ottawa? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4812 posts
3170 upvotes
Vancouver
Was in Surrey (BC) today.. heard an ad on the radio.. said it was available in Surry specifically. Got a luxury wash for 5000 points... awesome deal!

Ron.
Jul 1, 2012
208 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
djredhat wrote: How long is the car wash code good for? Eg if I buy in January, would I be able to use them through April?
It's possible to redeem the points and save the carwash for later? That would be awesome deal!
Nov 16, 2016
927 posts
848 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
This is awesome if you can use it in AB - if anyone can confirm that would be great?

$5 for a automatic car wash is sweet!
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4812 posts
3170 upvotes
Vancouver
101lol wrote: It's possible to redeem the points and save the carwash for later? That would be awesome deal!
The carwash I redeemed for on October 3rd, was valid until December, not sure of the exact date.

Ron.