Tags:
None
18 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
4322 posts
3610 upvotes
Oakville, ON
gizmo8 wrote: Etest is reading your OBD these days.
The link is for a shop that specializes in passing OBD2 based tests. They're using all the tricks in the book to clear codes and ensure they don't come back before your test (while also not throwing not ready status either).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8710 posts
5091 upvotes
ON
Interesting user name OP. I've always said it, plug in emission testing is useless as you're not measuring actual emissions, rather computer data that can be manipulated or not reliable enough to show the real conditions.
Thanks for the poorly disguised money grab Wynne.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1762 posts
293 upvotes
Hmmmm sounds reasonable if this facility is guarantying the Pass ....
OBD testing can be tricky in some older vehicles, the check engine light is too tough to be gone and it keeps on coming up..
If for 85 dollars , he is guarantying that you will pass e-test, for those adamant vehicles, it is worth the pay , if they think that some crooked mechanic can hook them for the entire 450$ limit in repairs , prescribed by Drive Clean Ontario.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1762 posts
293 upvotes
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: strong username to post content ratio
lol.....indeed ROFL ... How did I miss it....

So OP are you trying to indicate that this service is what your user name is ?
May 14, 2012
383 posts
75 upvotes
PICKERING
Quality grammar on the website: "100% GUARANTEE OR YOU DONT PAY A NOTHING" :facepalm:
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
3226 posts
1120 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: strong username to post content ratio
DJ, your post count is usually augmented by drivel, but that was a gem!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
527 upvotes
If you're worried about getting gouged by a garage during the etest, go to Emission Check on Warden, they only do tests.
[OP]
Dec 11, 2003
12 posts
9 upvotes
Terrace
Scammer is an old nickname I got from the 70s I have two old Nissans both never use a drop of oil both have check engine light both have been diagnosed as computer malfunction hoping I do not have to scrap two perfect running vehicles over emissions test that do not actually check what comes out of your tail pipe when I did those both vehicles passed with flying colours.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
527 upvotes
scammer wrote: Scammer is an old nickname I got from the 70s I have two old Nissans both never use a drop of oil both have check engine light both have been diagnosed as computer malfunction hoping I do not have to scrap two perfect running vehicles over emissions test that do not actually check what comes out of your tail pipe when I did those both vehicles passed with flying colours.
How old? If they are '88 to '97 you still get the tailpipe test.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4170 posts
176 upvotes
North York
dudeexcellent wrote: Quality grammar on the website: "100% GUARANTEE OR YOU DONT PAY A NOTHING" :facepalm:
Is best place bro. They guarantee you pass test or you don't pay a nothing bro.
If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
[OP]
Dec 11, 2003
12 posts
9 upvotes
Terrace
notfromqc wrote: How old? If they are '88 to '97 you still get the tailpipe test.
That would be great but just missed out by a few years.
Jul 24, 2016
2 posts
I called these guys and met one of there techs actually there very good at what they do i had 6 codes and i passed the test. They only charge you after you pass. I only paid the tech after we left the test facility they dont actually do the test they go with you while the computer is plugged in to a test facility that is close by. I was skeptical at first but im happy i went through. It was actually very simple i just showed up to my appointment and the technician does everything in all i was there for 15 mins total including the test itself. This is not a scam at all. I just cant believe these guys were able to figure out a way around this new obd test. The technician that i saw he was actually very smart some things i did not even understand myself but its legit 100% even the facility thats approved to do the test confirmed this with my wife and myself. Happy to have this instead of going through the hassle of useless repairs.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35599 posts
21667 upvotes
Center of Universe
AlbertS942762 wrote: I called these guys and met one of there techs actually there very good at what they do i had 6 codes and i passed the test. They only charge you after you pass. I only paid the tech after we left the test facility they dont actually do the test they go with you while the computer is plugged in to a test facility that is close by. I was skeptical at first but im happy i went through. It was actually very simple i just showed up to my appointment and the technician does everything in all i was there for 15 mins total including the test itself. This is not a scam at all. I just cant believe these guys were able to figure out a way around this new obd test. The technician that i saw he was actually very smart some things i did not even understand myself but its legit 100% even the facility thats approved to do the test confirmed this with my wife and myself. Happy to have this instead of going through the hassle of useless repairs.
As far as I'm aware, you're not allowed to diagnose or interfere during the test.
Unless they are asking you to go to an affiliated shop, their service is useless elsewhere.
Jul 24, 2016
2 posts
You may have not read properly? My test was done at an accreddited Test facility mandated by the Ministry.

You cannot interfere with the test since its a computer thats reading your obd.

Read all there reviews online they have very good reviews for a reason. It was either $85.00 i pay them or go and replace 2 o2s sensors that would of cost me over $560.00 at my garage the dealer wanted $788.67.