• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2016 1:27 am
Tags:
None
6 replies
Jun 4, 2016
1 posts
Yes! Total waste of time. They had changed day to meet then changed time to meet then a guy showed up via subway... Asking to pick him up from kipling subway station...while we were trying to get there the guy just left. We waited an hour for nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9122 posts
2749 upvotes
London
Pass Your E-Test (Plate Renewal) 100% Guarantee Fee Or You Dont Pay NOTHING!
$85
Pass Your E-Test (New Vehicle Registration) 100% Guarantee Fee Or You Dont Pay NOTHING!
$150
Taxes and HST are included in our Prices. You will still need to cover the actual price of the Emission Test which is $30.00 +HST, this is NOT included in our Prices and is paid directly to the Drive Clean Facility to cover your Actual Emission Test. In some RARE cases your vehicle may require an additional test that Drive Clean Facilities charge $17.50 +HST.
I'm sure most of their business comes from paranoid people.
Apr 13, 2010
549 posts
269 upvotes
Loyalist, ON
The Ontario e-test is a joke now. They don't even measure the actual emissions anymore. They just plug a computer in to your car and the machine believes what your car's computer tells it. If you don't have a check engine light on, you're practically guaranteed to pass.

The legality of this service is questionable, since they're saying they'll make sure you pass even if your check engine light is on. They're probably just clearing the codes for you, which means you have to get the e-test done before the light comes on again.
Gabe of Gabe's Hacks
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8710 posts
5091 upvotes
ON
cybersaga wrote: The Ontario e-test is a joke now. They don't even measure the actual emissions anymore. They just plug a computer in to your car and the machine believes what your car's computer tells it. If you don't have a check engine light on, you're practically guaranteed to pass.

The legality of this service is questionable, since they're saying they'll make sure you pass even if your check engine light is on. They're probably just clearing the codes for you, which means you have to get the e-test done before the light comes on again.
I don't see anything illegal as long as they clear the codes and the systems are still ready for the testing.
Most people fail tests for clearing codes and system being "not ready". It's the legal "equivalent" of warming up the car before going in for a tailpipe emission test so catalyzers are at max efficiency.
E-tests are BS anyhow, even more now. They should just call it a fee/tax which it is and be done with it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5060 posts
2246 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote: I'm sure most of their business comes from paranoid people.
"You Don't Pay NOTHING"

Since I will not be paying nothing, how much will I be paying?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20127 posts
4668 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Ottomaddox wrote: I'm sure most of their business comes from paranoid people.
I think it's for people whose automobiles and personal finances are so marginal that they cannot afford to do the right repairs for a legitimately passing e-test. And if they fail the e-test, they don't have an efficient way to get to their job, etc.
renoldman wrote: "You Don't Pay NOTHING"

Since I will not be paying nothing, how much will I be paying?
+1 :lol:
- casual gastronomist -