• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2018 9:09 am
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 21, 2016
900 posts
658 upvotes

ETF Portfolio

I have the S and P 500 VFV ETF, the one day of the week so far the S and P 500 goes up after two straight days of big drops and Canadian dollar increase makes it another negative day, I know it doesn't matter long term and currency hedging sucks long term and if you buy the American ETF VOO and turn it back to Canadian its the same thing, but just kind of ticks me off seeing a slight rebound today in US stocks and we don't get it.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2014
3366 posts
3524 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CADUSD: +0.29
VOO: +0.26
VSP: +0.10
VFV: +0.03

What was the question again? :) And yeah, have VFV in my husband's TFSA - glad he's not looking at it every day, just happy with the overall portfolio performance.. :)
Oct 19, 2016
650 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
You could buy the VSP which is hedged.. In theory VSP should return similar performance to the S&P500 but I have not seen any actual perfromance data.

Shaun80 wrote: I have the S and P 500 VFV ETF, the one day of the week so far the S and P 500 goes up after two straight days of big drops and Canadian dollar increase makes it another negative day, I know it doesn't matter long term and currency hedging sucks long term and if you buy the American ETF VOO and turn it back to Canadian its the same thing, but just kind of ticks me off seeing a slight rebound today in US stocks and we don't get it.