Hot Deals

[Etihad] 40% Discount for buying Etihad Guest miles

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 11:00 pm
[OP]
Member
Apr 18, 2017
351 posts
146 upvotes
Ottawa

40% Discount for buying Etihad Guest miles

Deal Link:
Expiry:
April 7, 2020
Retailer:
Etihad
Example redemption fare: Prague-Seoul Business class for $312 USD ($442CAD) according to Rewards Canada

Courtesy of a poster in this thread. "Also, some sweet spots for redemption can be found at prince of travel
Last edited by xxxronjames on Apr 2nd, 2020 8:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
30 replies
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 20, 2017
177 posts
162 upvotes
Montreal
Hahahahahaha!
Upvoting for the comedy
most things haven't worked out
[OP]
Member
Apr 18, 2017
351 posts
146 upvotes
Ottawa
contva wrote: Hahahahahaha!
Upvoting for the comedy
Why? Points are valid for 2 years.

Just like Aeroplan, the base redemption rate is s**t, but there are great deals to use for these points.
Member
Jun 15, 2019
214 posts
195 upvotes
Can someone explain to us how this works and whether this site is legit?
Sr. Member
May 1, 2011
611 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone explain to us how this works and whether this site is legit?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
21140 posts
152118 upvotes
GTA
Site is definitely legit, but the question is, how many airlines are going to be around by the time you actually want to book a trip AND even if they are still around, who knows what is going to happen to the redemption rates for each / if these partnerships are even still going to be in place? Too many unknowns at the moment IMO...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2003
4089 posts
5192 upvotes
Vancouver
toguy wrote: Site is definitely legit, but the question is, how many airlines are going to be around by the time you actually want to book a trip AND even if they are still around, who knows what is going to happen to the redemption rates for each / if these partnerships are even still going to be in place? Too many unknowns at the moment IMO...
Last time I heard about them, they were trimming their business and selling off some planes...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
1569 posts
7704 upvotes
xxxronjames wrote: Why? Points are valid for 2 years.

Just like Aeroplan, the base redemption rate is s**t, but there are great deals to use for these points.
Nobody knows what the global economy will look like after this is over - companies will be looking for legal ways to cut corners and devaluing reward "points" systems like Aeroplan, Etihad Miles, etc are an easy very legal target. There are no laws protecting the redemption rate of points - spending real money on these miles is very high risk right now.
Member
Oct 13, 2016
270 posts
246 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
Can I sell them my miles? I'll match their discount
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2792 posts
710 upvotes
Ottawa
Frankly who is going to travel without having taken a COVID-19 vaccine.. Nobody. And are we all going to rush to the first available one without any idea of side effects. Not sure, but this has properly messed up travel for me for a long time..

So while the discount may seem useful. I am not too sure any of us are going anywhere safely in 24 months. I can't even figure out if we'll safely travel in city..

Without a vaccine can you safely take public transit?

This has changed our world for some time.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1525 posts
608 upvotes
shylok wrote: Frankly who is going to travel without having taken a COVID-19 vaccine.. Nobody. And are we all going to rush to the first available one without any idea of side effects. Not sure, but this has properly messed up travel for me for a long time..

So while the discount may seem useful. I am not too sure any of us are going anywhere safely in 24 months. I can't even figure out if we'll safely travel in city..

Without a vaccine can you safely take public transit?

This has changed our world for some time.
So... good deals for those who survived and are hopefully immune to the covid?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2792 posts
710 upvotes
Ottawa
I RFD wrote: So... good deals for those who survived and are hopefully immune to the covid?
Currently immunity isn't certain.. They're not sure if people can get it again.. And if you see what happens to some peoples lungs after covid.. No idea if they'll be travelling.

Top