Home & Garden

Ever try to use Lagostina's warranty on cookware?

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2021 4:05 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3139 posts
614 upvotes
Ottawa

Ever try to use Lagostina's warranty on cookware?

At the end of 2017 when Sears was liquidating, I bought a Lagostina "EuroCollection" 26" skillet for $30. It is my favorite pan – or at least it used to be, but the nonstick coating has taken a beating (particularly from one occasion when I accidentally left it on high heat for too long).

Of course I kept both the receipt and the packaging, which boldly proclaims "5-year warranty!". What happens if I try to use that warranty? Will they send me a new pan?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1986 posts
999 upvotes
Ontario
Try it and let us know?!
·Ï¢årµ§·
Apr 25, 2018
164 posts
202 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Pretty sure they will say it was overheated so not covered. If you look carefully at the owners manual, pretty sure you’re not even allowed to use max heat ever, not even for preheating the pans.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10621 posts
5914 upvotes
Paris
I got it once when the thick heating plate on the bottom of our pot fell off. Our stuff was lifetime and I just had to send a picture and they sent me a new one. Was super easy.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2869 posts
1029 upvotes
Windsor
I bought that white set of pans from CT that goes on sale all the time. The first set mysteriously developed scratches (GF claims they just appeared). Called lagostina, they told me to just bring it to CT. CT gave me a new set on the spot.

So, it seems lagostina are pretty cool with their warrantee. They didn't ask me for a reciept, but I guess they also passed the buck to Canadian tire.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.