• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2006 5:21 am
Tags:
None
Nov 3, 2004
133 posts
89 upvotes

Every 8th cup Free Starbucks Coffee at Safeway

For those of you coffee/Starbucks lovers, find a Safeway that has Starbucks in it. Swipe your Safeway card each time you buy coffee and your 8th cup is free.

The nice thing is they don't care what you get for your 7 cups (you can just get a short coffee of the day all along). You can pick whatever you want for your free cup!

I just got my free Venti frapucino! :lol: Mmmmm....

I went to the Safeway on Westwood, Coquitlam (GVA)
12 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
the safeway near 4th and mcdonald also has starbucks :)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2003
1257 posts
67 upvotes
North Vancouver
pandaharo wrote:the safeway near 4th and mcdonald also has starbucks :)
Their system is gimped - I had 6 out of 7 last time I was there and I just went and bought 2 this morning and now my account reads "You have purchased 1 or 7" - what happened to my free Joe?

If anything, it should at least read "you have purchased 2 ot 7" - since I just paid for 2 coffees.

Barrista explained it as a glitch in the system and that the system was slow to update (I don't buy that excuse) - there's a free coffee floating around out there.

Shoulda been my 3rd free coffee from them
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2004
7629 posts
97253 upvotes
Coquitlam
New Safeway club cards don't have the buy 7 get 1 free for starbucks anymore. But the promo has being Grandfathered into the old cards from I think since Sept 05. So remember just don't get a new card. And use your phone number when they ask for your card. I have seen people that are working on over 50 free coffees.

Safeways with Starbucks around GVA that I know of
Sunwood Square Cog Lougheed and westwood
Shaughnessy Station PoCo
Lougheed Mall Burnaby
Burnaby Heights Burnaby Wilington and Hastings
Broadway Skytrain Station, Vancity
Broadway & MacDonald, Vancity
4th and Vine, Vancity

That is all the locations I have been 2 but I'm sure there are more.

Fun Fact: To get to Sunwood square safeway which is about a 5-10 min drive from my house I have to past 5 Starbucks to get to that one :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2005
1082 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
cool. the safeway near my place just put on in

i've notice all the renovated safeways have starbucks also
Feb 18, 2004
821 posts
302 upvotes
Just go to the Starbucks website and put in your address. It will show all the Starbucks locations around your place including those inside of Safeways.

Safeway - Vancouver #127
4255 Arbutus St
Vancouver, BC V6J 4R1

Does anyone know if I can give them my phone number to look up the Safeway card? I always do that when I pay at the cashier in Safeway. My wallet has way too many cards.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3947 posts
1379 upvotes
Vancouver
gabbycup wrote:Just go to the Starbucks website and put in your address. It will show all the Starbucks locations around your place including those inside of Safeways.

Safeway - Vancouver #127
4255 Arbutus St
Vancouver, BC V6J 4R1

Does anyone know if I can give them my phone number to look up the Safeway card? I always do that when I pay at the cashier in Safeway. My wallet has way too many cards.
Yeah you can just give them your phone #. I did that today @ the oakridge safeway.
Feb 18, 2004
821 posts
302 upvotes
litebrite wrote:Yeah you can just give them your phone #. I did that today @ the oakridge safeway.
you mean to the barrista @ starbucks?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2004
7629 posts
97253 upvotes
Coquitlam
gabbycup wrote:you mean to the barrista @ starbucks?
Yeah. some of the new ones don't asked for your card. But make sure you give them your card or number. I think head office said in a memo don't remind people. Sunwood was one of the first Safeway with the west broadway one to get a Starbucks like five years ago. I was in my local non-Safeway Starbucks yesterday and the person in front of me give the barrista their Safeway card. The barrista said you can't pay with this. :lol: Remember this only works at Starbucks at Safeway.
Dec 27, 2003
199 posts
73 upvotes
So do you mean to say that if I registered for a new safeway card after Sept. 05 then I can't get into this but if I have a grandfathered card (ironically the one for our household is registered by my grandfather) which is registered before September 2005 then I can get in on this?

Or do you have to begin your purchase of Starbucks Coffees @ any Safeway location before September 2005?

TYinYVR wrote:New Safeway club cards don't have the buy 7 get 1 free for starbucks anymore. But the promo has being Grandfathered into the old cards from I think since Sept 05. So remember just don't get a new card. And use your phone number when they ask for your card. I have seen people that are working on over 50 free coffees.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2004
7629 posts
97253 upvotes
Coquitlam
I don't know the answer as I don't work for safeway. The reason I find out about it was from my neighbor. Her son lives down the road and they always just used the same safeway card. Then Safeway started counting their limited specialss with the card. And they couldn't take full advantage of the specials b/c they where on one card. So my neighbor's son got a new card. And at the bottom of his receipt it only has his Sandwich total nothing about Starbucks.
I think it was Sept b/c they had a sign hang up at Starbucks saying about the promo and they took it down in Sept.

I guess you can always phone Safeway C/S and see what they say at 1-800-safeway
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3947 posts
1379 upvotes
Vancouver
TYinYVR wrote: And at the bottom of his receipt it only has his Sandwich total nothing about Starbucks.
Ohh no wonder. I was with my friend yesterday and he ordered starbucks @ safeway and gave the barista his phone # and there was no mention of the starbucks total at the bottom of his receipt.
Dec 27, 2003
199 posts
73 upvotes
that's cool. just wondering if you had even more information ;)
Thanks for the phone #, I'll give them a call or ask a barista next time I'm in.

Cheers,
lilazncanadian
TYinYVR wrote:I don't know the answer as I don't work for safeway. The reason I find out about it was from my neighbor. Her son lives down the road and they always just used the same safeway card. Then Safeway started counting their limited specialss with the card. And they couldn't take full advantage of the specials b/c they where on one card. So my neighbor's son got a new card. And at the bottom of his receipt it only has his Sandwich total nothing about Starbucks.
I think it was Sept b/c they had a sign hang up at Starbucks saying about the promo and they took it down in Sept.

I guess you can always phone Safeway C/S and see what they say at 1-800-safeway