Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] "Everyday Essentials" swirl Coffee Press (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2015 1:40 pm
[OP]
Aug 16, 2010
492 posts
209 upvotes
Langley, BC

[Real Canadian Superstore] "Everyday Essentials" swirl Coffee Press (YMMV)

French press

4.94 or FREE
it rang up at the regular 19.99 so after paying I went to customer service and got it free
thank you scanning code of practice

it was kind of a pain because I had to show them the display in the aisle at the back of the store, they didn't seem to know what to do and wanted to scan it again to find the "right price"
and I did not get an apology for them trying to overcharge.
but free is free

it is worth over 10 IMO.
4 cup capacity
borosilicate glass pot
chrome plated metal holder and lid

it comes in a lime green box 9 x 6 x 4 1.4 1/4 inches

The screen lowers to near the bottom so you can press the coffee grounds fully.

I found a trick to using a french press is to gently stir before pressing so the grounds sink to the bottom and do not clog the screen

Wednesday may 13 update: price has dropped to $ 3.44 !
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5059 posts
3826 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Thank you, sounds like a good deal, but where did you buy it? You forgot to add that part!
Mar 18, 2013
254 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Melkor wrote: Thank you, sounds like a good deal, but where did you buy it? You forgot to add that part!
says Real Canadian Superstore
[OP]
Aug 16, 2010
492 posts
209 upvotes
Langley, BC
Melkor wrote: Thank you, sounds like a good deal, but where did you buy it? You forgot to add that part!
superstore in langley.
they probably fixed the price at the langley store, the customer service person seemed to be doing that.
You might have better luck in other stores.
Now that they have "check the price" scanners in the store it should be possible to find some freebies

maybe I did not get an apology because I might have called them all morons.
are all superstores the same? or are some actually run in a competent manner?
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1528 posts
489 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I'll pick one up tomorrow for work
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2678 upvotes
Vancouver
fred koenig wrote: are all superstores the same? or are some actually run in a competent manner?
After they did their big rearrangement of the store layout early last year we were getting half our groceries for free with SCOP because their price lables didn't match in various locations around the store.

But give them some credit: you always have to ask for a SCOP freebie, and they always seem a bit annoyed when you do, but they no longer claim to never have heard of it.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3255 posts
1285 upvotes
Airdrie
JamesA1 wrote: you always have to ask for a SCOP freebie, and they always seem a bit annoyed when you do, but they no longer claim to never have heard of it.
Most of the CSRs in Airdrie will give SCOP credit without asking. I've given up on asking the cashier, just check my receipt after paying and go to customer service.
I have, at a different Superstore, actually had a CSR hint at asking about SCOP after a price check. She admitted to me that they'd been told not to do it unless the customer asked.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
[OP]
Aug 16, 2010
492 posts
209 upvotes
Langley, BC
I went back to the store today and it has been further marked down to 3.44

they also have any size foil pan for 0.44 so I bought 3 of the Turkey size

am I supposed to edit the thread title to the new price?
Dec 15, 2006
128 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Checked my local store it's regular price = oakville
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1605 posts
49 upvotes
Scanned in at 20 in Scarborough
SPOOOOOOOOOOOONN!!!!...