Tags:
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
15876 posts
488 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
WorldIRC wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 7:08 am
Yeesh, some of you report the most ridiculous things, especially those of you not even participating in the thread in question.
LOL... Sorry... Had to chuckle when I saw that.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16679 posts
1064 upvotes
Niagara Falls
maddawg wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 6:58 am
Really, right wing media would out him if he was perceived to be someone threatening their ideology. Also, if he is so proud why not man up to it. Funny how we can hide behind anonymity, until the real world hits you in the face. I say all power to CNN.
Just because right wing media might do the same thing does not make it right. That being said, I have no idea what this guy is actually afraid of, unless there are other things in his life he doesn't want the public to know. Wish I was creative enough to have come up with that meme.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1455 posts
140 upvotes
Pickering
Evil Baby wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 8:08 am
Just because right wing media might do the same thing does not make it right. That being said, I have no idea what this guy is actually afraid of, unless there are other things in his life he doesn't want the public to know. Wish I was creative enough to have come up with that meme.
Actually, don't really care about being right or left. The individual should be able to accept responsibility for his post online. Additionally, he has posted other questionable stuff in the past. If he is concerned about the real world impacting his online life, then don't post.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16679 posts
1064 upvotes
Niagara Falls
maddawg wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 8:21 am
Actually, don't really care about being right or left. The individual should be able to accept responsibility for his post online. Additionally, he has posted other questionable stuff in the past. If he is concerned about the real world impacting his online life, then don't post.
Sure, but that doesn't absolve CNN from going idiotic over a damn meme.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1455 posts
140 upvotes
Pickering
Evil Baby wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 8:33 am
Sure, but that doesn't absolve CNN from going idiotic over a damn meme.
So hold the media to a higher standard while those around should attack with no consequences. Look at Mr Trump and his attack on the media. Perhaps, fighting fire with fire is a good thing. The world has changed and old standards no longer applies. Whenever you post stuff, be prepared for the consequences.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2003
3403 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
maddawg wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 6:58 am
Really, right wing media would out him if he was perceived to be someone threatening their ideology. Also, if he is so proud why not man up to it. Funny how we can hide behind anonymity, until the real world hits you in the face. I say all power to CNN.
Really? He should have his personal information posted online just because he posted a meme (which is essentially a joke) on the internet? Do you honestly believe that should happen to people who post jokes on the internet?

Why should he man up? There will be people who would stop at nothing to harm his ability to earn a living. There are even reports that CNN has doxxed the wrong guy. So if they did publicize his information, this would have essentially become a witch hunt.

CNN has completely overreacted to that meme and a lot of things that have been tweeted (many were dumb). And let's not act like CNN is completely innocent here, they have been slinging their fair share of mud.
MAIN:2600K-4.5Ghz|P8P67 PRO|16GB DDR31600|GTX1060 6GB OC|240GB SSD|1TB|2TB|Creative SB XFi|BD-RW|2x 24" LCD
HT:Athlon 5350|4GB DDR3
SERVER:i3 3240|8GB DDR3|320GB|3x2TB
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16679 posts
1064 upvotes
Niagara Falls
maddawg wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 9:50 am
So hold the media to a higher standard while those around should attack with no consequences. Look at Mr Trump and his attack on the media. Perhaps, fighting fire with fire is a good thing. The world has changed and old standards no longer applies. Whenever you post stuff, be prepared for the consequences.
Yes. I would like my major media sources to held to a higher standard. It would be one thing to say it is troublesome that the President of the U.S. is attacking media in anyway, it's another thing to say he was inciting violence.
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4264 posts
437 upvotes
maddawg wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 9:50 am
you don't really know how the internet works, do you? anonymity an zero consequences. That's what we all signed up for.
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
15876 posts
488 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
x86asm wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 10:50 am
Really? He should have his personal information posted online just because he posted a meme (which is essentially a joke) on the internet? Do you honestly believe that should happen to people who post jokes on the internet?

Why should he man up? There will be people who would stop at nothing to harm his ability to earn a living. There are even reports that CNN has doxxed the wrong guy. So if they did publicize his information, this would have essentially become a witch hunt.

CNN has completely overreacted to that meme and a lot of things that have been tweeted (many were dumb). And let's not act like CNN is completely innocent here, they have been slinging their fair share of mud.
Yeah I completely agree with you... I'm a liberal - if that means anything - but CNN has decided to lay down in the mud so they deserve to get beat up a bit over this.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1455 posts
140 upvotes
Pickering
x86asm wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 10:50 am

He has had questionable postings on reddit. Don't really care but from a young age, I have learned actions have consequences. It's not just about the meme, you guys like to cherry pick on items. You think when the president tweeted it was a joke? The media is under attack and there are folks who would follow through with there threat. Do I like CNN, nope, but they did not over react. You recall when Alex Jones posted rant about Clinton running a pedophile ring and some acted. I would suggest, he should stay off the internet and think of consequences before posting stupid crap.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7306 posts
241 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 11:12 am
Yeah I completely agree with you... I'm a liberal - if that means anything - but CNN has decided to lay down in the mud so they deserve to get beat up a bit over this.
This just proves that CNN doesnt have a strong social media game. They are way way behind. They need to hire people from /pol. At least they will stand a chance in the meme war.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2003
3403 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
konfusion666 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 11:12 am
Yes, I feel they have earned this push back. I find their reaction to be distasteful and hypocritical.

maddawg wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 4:58 pm
He has had questionable postings on reddit. Don't really care but from a young age, I have learned actions have consequences. It's not just about the meme, you guys like to cherry pick on items. You think when the president tweeted it was a joke? The media is under attack and there are folks who would follow through with there threat. Do I like CNN, nope, but they did not over react. You recall when Alex Jones posted rant about Clinton running a pedophile ring and some acted. I would suggest, he should stay off the internet and think of consequences before posting stupid crap.
Face With Tears Of Joy Every reddit user has questionable posts (especially if you go far enough in their post history). Especially with the user name of the supposed author, you know he trollin'.

I think CNN has earned the "attacks" that are being done on them. The amount of vitriol they have directed at Donald Trump IMHO is too much. I'm not saying you have to like the guy, but their dislike for the guy is WAY PAST the point of being obvious. The snide and underhanded remarks directed at him and his family is just tasteless and they seem unable to restrain themselves from reminding the viewers of their dislike for him.

Trump is taking jabs (jokingly in some cases) back at CNN and CNN doesn't seem to like that. In response to that, I am playing the tiniest violin. CNN has NO case against Trump or the author of the GIF.

CNN cannot police the internet. They are a fairly large entity, it is almost guaranteed that crap about them will be posted somewhere on the internet. Are they going to go after everyone that does this? Or are they going after this one just because Donald Trump posted it?

They have evoked the ire of 4chan and the so called weaponized autism. And a meme war has been started. You never evoke the ire of 4chan and come out better for doing so.
MAIN:2600K-4.5Ghz|P8P67 PRO|16GB DDR31600|GTX1060 6GB OC|240GB SSD|1TB|2TB|Creative SB XFi|BD-RW|2x 24" LCD
HT:Athlon 5350|4GB DDR3
SERVER:i3 3240|8GB DDR3|320GB|3x2TB
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7306 posts
241 upvotes

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-40483914

This hansolo guy who got credited with the meme also made this one. He put the star of david on each jewish person on CNN.
In a number of posts, HanSolo also called for the mass murder of Muslims - in some cases encouraging or celebrating attacks using vehicles, guns or nuclear bombs.
This guy is disturbing. My question is how come he wasnt using TOR or VPN.
They have evoked the ire of 4chan and the so called weaponized autism. And a meme war has been started. You never evoke the ire of 4chan and come out better for doing so.
The /pol machine was unleashed during the republican primaries. CNN didnt start this. They were destroying Ted Cruz a year ago, then hillary now its CNN. Anyone who go against Trump.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3905 posts
1272 upvotes
The Trump delegation didn't book a hotel in time, so they ended up in a government guesthouse.

Today all the spouses are doing a tour and Melania is being kept in the guest house by police because she is too close to the demos.

lol many were hoping to see her educated at the German Climate Computing Centre, one of the stops on the tour; but that would just distract from the G19's messaging, so they Locked Her Up!

No, the anti-distractions stuff, that's not true, Ivanka made it.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16673 posts
1790 upvotes
Montreal
lecale wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 10:32 am
The Trump delegation didn't book a hotel in time, so they ended up in a government guesthouse.

Today all the spouses are doing a tour and Melania is being kept in the guest house by police because she is too close to the demos.

lol many were hoping to see her educated at the German Climate Computing Centre, one of the stops on the tour; but that would just distract from the G19's messaging, so they Locked Her Up!

No, the anti-distractions stuff, that's not true, Ivanka made it.
Melania doesn't need "education". She already speaks German. My guess is she is a lot smarter then she lets on.