Expired Hot Deals

EVGA

EVGA B-Stock 600W PSU - $19.99 usd, free ship

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2021 3:34 pm
58 replies
Sr. Member
Sep 10, 2018
582 posts
1858 upvotes
Do I care?
So you are saying EVGA is cheapo inferior quality brand? It clearly says factory recertified to the performance target, may have visible cosmetic wear.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1485 posts
2366 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: So you are saying EVGA is cheapo inferior quality brand? It clearly says factory recertified to the performance target, may have visible cosmetic wear.
EVGA outsource to various manufacturers. Yes, if you buy lower tier they're cheapo inferior quality.
Sr. Member
Sep 10, 2018
582 posts
1858 upvotes
Do I care?
aintic wrote: EVGA outsource to various manufacturers. Yes, if you buy lower tier they're cheapo inferior quality.
You do have proof that they have two tiers within same model, correct? I will believe you just show us some disassembly photos comparing different parts used. Just like the video, but video is another brand and model.

So don't buy outsourced brands. who actually owns their own factory in PSU world then?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 12, 2004
11381 posts
2000 upvotes
Guelph
Last round was $14.99 USD if I remember correctly. I didnt have to pay any duties but some people who bought two or added accessories did have to. Im using it in my daily rig with 0 issues.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 70-0-0 and counting.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3061 posts
3029 upvotes
EmpressLisaSu wrote: Never cheap out on psu. Never ever.
rokask wrote: Just gonna leave this here
lol at this logic
Many of gigabyte PSUs that are exploding have an MSRP of $130 USD+
Would you consider that cheap?
As someone else pointed out, manufacturers often change the component sourcing without warning. Price doesn't always mean quality. Read the reviews. AFAIK there haven't been any mass reports of EVGA PSUs exploding
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1485 posts
2366 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: You do have proof that they have two tiers within same model, correct? I will believe you just show us some disassembly photos comparing different parts used. Just like the video, but video is another brand and model.

So don't buy outsourced brands. who actually owns their own factory in PSU world then?
If you wanna buy it, go ahead lol I gave a piece of advice based on previous experience building PCs. Whether you look into it before buying is up to you. I'm not taking the time to present all the research here.

And please don't put words in my mouth. What I said is buy selective outsourced parts. Don't just buy into EVGA brand.
Sr. Member
Sep 10, 2018
582 posts
1858 upvotes
Do I care?
aintic wrote: If you wanna buy it, go ahead lol I gave a piece of advice based on previous experience building PCs. Whether you look into it before buying is up to you. I'm not taking the time to present all the research here.

And please don't put words in my mouth. What I said is buy selective outsourced parts. Don't just buy into EVGA brand.
I didn't say a thing I wanted to buy this $19.99 model. I want to know how much I should be spending to buy a safe PSU. Video shared mentions $130 USD+ PSU have problems so what should I be buying then?

You don't have any proof and just bashing this brand because they are known to outsource their manufacturing?
Member
Sep 6, 2009
357 posts
329 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: I didn't say a thing I wanted to buy this $19.99 model. I want to know how much I should be spending to buy a safe PSU. Video shared mentions $130 USD+ PSU have problems so what should I be buying then?

You don't have any proof and just bashing this brand because they are known to outsource their manufacturing?
It should be proportional to the rest of your setup.
You shouldn't be using a $50 dollar PSU to power $3000 worth of components but then you also don't need a $150 dollar PSU to power $500 worth of components.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2020
945 posts
2396 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: So you are saying EVGA is cheapo inferior quality brand? It clearly says factory recertified to the performance target, may have visible cosmetic wear.
I'm saying Tier A PSUs only; doesn't matter the brand.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23997 posts
30545 upvotes
Damn tempting, but used PSUs are marked down for a reason, the fire risk is minimal, but the optics aren't good.
.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6412 upvotes
From what I understand PSUs tend to follow a bathtub curve regarding their failure rates. Refurb PSUs should be about as good as new ones.
Member
Dec 22, 2011
283 posts
297 upvotes
London
If you're building a computer and you need to resort to a $20-$30 refurbished PSU of the lowest rating, why are you even building a computer? I can't imagine what type of computer one would be building wherein you'd feel comfortable powering everything with a White-rated PSU (White = below Bronze). The fact that these are 1-year warranty should tell you a lot. For something like a PSU, always look at how much warranty the manufacturer is willing to commit to. To me, 5 years is the minimum that I'd want to consider. Anything less than that is the manufacturer themselves signaling that they aren't overly confident in their own product.
Member
Aug 14, 2019
418 posts
525 upvotes
Last time this was posted, it got many upvotes and praise. Wish I had known it's a crappy PSU. I'm building a Ryzen 5600g, I'm guessing I should get a better PSU?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
2603 posts
2545 upvotes
Toronto
beatusk wrote: It should be proportional to the rest of your setup.
You shouldn't be using a $50 dollar PSU to power $3000 worth of components but then you also don't need a $150 dollar PSU to power $500 worth of components.

This. People need to be reasonable with their stuff. "Tier A" only? Please...


Bit unrelated, but I vowed myself to NEVER buy a non-modular power supply again in my life. Seeing those cords gives me some anxiety already haha.
ProfProcyon wrote: Last time this was posted, it got many upvotes and praise. Wish I had known it's a crappy PSU. I'm building a Ryzen 5600g, I'm guessing I should get a better PSU?

I don't think it'll explode or anything like that on a build with APU like 5600G, but you'd be limiting yourself from a further upgrade to say the least.

from the preached gospel tier list that everyone takes as a law: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list/

it's Tier D • Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems
LULUMON wrote: I didn't say a thing I wanted to buy this $19.99 model. I want to know how much I should be spending to buy a safe PSU. Video shared mentions $130 USD+ PSU have problems so what should I be buying then?

You don't have any proof and just bashing this brand because they are known to outsource their manufacturing?

If you're seriously asking - it isn't just about the price. People pay lot of money for crap everyday.

Ideally you should check each model. Even from same brands or even from same manufacturers it can be day and night in quality. Luckily these days we have good reviewers and good for us here that we have access to most of the good ones.

The linked tier list above is a good and quick way to go thru, but may give a false impression that you should only get Tier A. not everyone have a high end RTX3090 i9; nor the like-hood to have one. If you're spending say on i5/ryzen5 + RTX3060, likely that a good 500W/600W would fit perfectly. Doubt to find many options at this power level on Tier A...

So yeah. it can get boring to dig the exact model, on the proper power (wattage), better yet with proper power/amp on a given rail)...
Last edited by neonic on Sep 1st, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
37158 posts
5166 upvotes
Winnipeg
what is wrong with evga psu? I'm not aware of any issues. I use platinum rated psu myself but I think bronze is fine for most people.
WTB amazon gc @90%
Newbie
User avatar
May 23, 2019
45 posts
29 upvotes
Ignore the $20 power supply, it’s not a good idea as everyone is saying. But do consider the $65 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GT, which is excellent value at that price. It’s no Superflower, but still decent.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2826 posts
2284 upvotes
Antarctica
divx wrote: what is wrong with evga psu? I'm not aware of any issues. I use platinum rated psu myself but I think bronze is fine for most people.
The issue is not with EVGA, it is the specific PSU. Most OEMs make both bad and good PSUs so the rule of thumb is product > brand. This is how the PSU tier lists came about - albeit sometimes not 100% accurate.

EVGA makes both terrible and amazing PSUs.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)