Hot Deals

EVGA

EVGA Gaming Mechanical keyboard - $44.99USD* (after associate code) + free shipping

[OP]
Sep 14, 2021
8 posts
7 upvotes

EVGA Gaming Mechanical keyboard - $44.99USD* (after associate code) + free shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
$49.99
Savings:
$80 off
Retailer:
EVGA
Z15 is good budget keyboard with the mid price range.

Ordered one as clicky switch (Brown), silver is slient.

Note - the price is in USD
at the time of delivery, UPS will let you know to pay for tax (13%) and duty (~+$10) will be required to release the package.

Use associate code which takes off additional $5 brings the price to $44.99

8EJWRVUEDEU389K
Last edited by DPMCHNE on Sep 18th, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best gaming keyboards!
22 replies
Sep 26, 2018
120 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Expect a $77 brokerage fee, which happened to me when I ordered off evga.com
[OP]
Sep 14, 2021
8 posts
7 upvotes
KhajitGotWares wrote: Expect a $77 brokerage fee, which happened to me when I ordered off evga.com
I had a different experience, ordered 3070 last year, it was Tax+ around $10 brokerage fee for almost $900 item.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1617 posts
960 upvotes
KhajitGotWares wrote: Expect a $77 brokerage fee, which happened to me when I ordered off evga.com
Brokerage or tax?

I only paid 10$ on the graphics card I bought from them.
Tax was the usual 13%
Sep 26, 2018
120 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
PerformingAzura wrote: Brokerage or tax?
I don't remember which. They never charged me at the door, but I got a letter from their collections department known as RMS. I was expecting it tbh because the shipping slip on the box said $77 owed.

It was for a RTX 3060.
Last edited by KhajitGotWares on Sep 15th, 2021 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 9, 2014
731 posts
639 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'd be careful with "free shipping". It is indeed free shipping, but there is a brokerage fee to pay when the item crosses the borders. EVGA ships via UPS (for free), but UPS will charge you an amount for brokerage + tax.
Last time, I ordered a refurbished GTX 1080 ti FTW3 for 379.99$ USD with "free shipping". UPS sent me an invoice of roughly $80 brokerage fee and $75 for tax (15% in Quebec).

BE CAREFUL!!!

PS: I will never buy anything from EVGA anymore. Too expensive the brokerage fee.

Here's the proof:
https://www.evga.com/legal/store/

Customs, Fees, and Additional Taxes
All orders are charged in U.S. Dollars (USD) based on real-time currency exchange rates. Partial refunds are not permitted due to a change in currency exchange rates. EVGA’s refund policy does permit refunds within a limited time-frame; however, because both purchases and refunds are based on real-time USD currency exchange rates, you may receive a different amount as a refund than you paid.

Shipping to Canada:

Estimated and final shipping costs do not include any additional Customs or Duties fees charged by the shipper and/or by your country’s Customs Department. UPS will require that these fees are paid at the time of delivery to the shipping address. If these fees are not paid upon delivery, then the package will be returned to EVGA. After EVGA receives the package, any shipping fees or customs fees charged to EVGA may be deducted from your refund. Please contact your country’s Customs Department with the order total if you need an estimation of these fees prior to placing your order. EVGA will not be liable or responsible for losses suffered or additional costs due to a customer’s failure to be aware of additional local, regional, national or international fees required by the customer’s country, or the customer’s failure to pay said fee upon delivery.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4830 posts
423 upvotes
Winnipeg
They ship UPS WorldWide Expedited, so no brokerage fees....but...there might be a fee for taxes and duties (minimum $10 on UPS Worldwide Expedited).

From the UPS Website - Customers are responsible for payment of duties and taxes. When funds are not provided in advance by the customer, and UPS must post a bond to allow UPS shipments to be released in advance of payment to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Jul 10, 2018
76 posts
67 upvotes
Self declare your package at cbsa to save the brokerage fee... Takes about 5 minutes.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1476 posts
1650 upvotes
I *just* ordered from EVGA with UPS Worldwide Expedited and they charge brokerage fee anyway, though it was only $16 for a $600 purchase. It is possible that they just messed up though. I will call them and ask about it.

MikeA92094 wrote: Self declare your package at cbsa to save the brokerage fee... Takes about 5 minutes.

Also be careful with self declare, unless you have access to the import office (usually near the airport) and have access to the UPS depot to pick things up you might have a lot of work in front of you. None of the processes can be done remotely in most cities. Do your research on how exactly it works at your specific city first. The normal process requires you to get a document from UPS, tell UPS you are self-declaring, then head to the office with all the document, pay your duty, and then have them give you the release form for you to provide UPS and pick it up. UPS doesn't make shipping it to you particularly easy after you asked them to hold for self declare. For large majority of the people it is much better to pay the broker fee if it is low.
Jul 10, 2018
76 posts
67 upvotes
Cucumference wrote: I *just* ordered from EVGA with UPS Worldwide Expedited and they charge brokerage fee anyway, though it was only $16 for a $600 purchase. It is possible that they just messed up though. I will call them and ask about it.

Also be careful with self declare, unless you have access to the import office (usually near the airport) and have access to the UPS depot to pick things up you might have a lot of work in front of you. None of the processes can be done remotely in most cities. Do your research on how exactly it works at your specific city first. The normal process requires you to get a document from UPS, tell UPS you are self-declaring, then head to the office with all the document, pay your duty, and then have them give you the release form for you to provide UPS and pick it up. UPS doesn't make shipping it to you particularly easy after you asked them to hold for self declare. For large majority of the people it is much better to pay the broker fee if it is low.
A little misinformation but only inconvenience is having a cbsa location nearby. The one by Pearson airport is open 24 hrs and they are super friendly. Once you pay the tax you email the release forms to ups. Then call ups to schedule a delivery free of charge sometimes they will automatically schedule it for you. But again You do not have to pick up. I have done this process many times.

On a side note depending on the rep when telling the shipping agency you want to self clear they can sometimes either waive the brokerage cost completely or 50%> YMMV. When you self clear ups has already paid the tax hence their incentive to just make you pay the tax
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2185 posts
2047 upvotes
Toronto
DPMCHNE wrote:

Ordered one as clicky switch (Brown), silver is slient.
While they're indeed brown-ish in colour, they're actually called Kailh Bronze. Just to avoid confusion with Kailh Brown switches which are tactile.
Bronzes are kinda funny. Some call them clicky linear, as in you heard the sound, but won't feel (much) the bump on each stroke. I'd imagine there still is some tactility, considering it's how the click sound is generated.

on a side note -
they both have very short activation point, and speed silvers have a very light actuation force, so might be causing some unintentional clicking
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
[OP]
Sep 14, 2021
8 posts
7 upvotes
neonic wrote: While they're indeed brown-ish in colour, they're actually called Kailh Bronze. Just to avoid confusion with Kailh Brown switches which are tactile.
Bronzes are kinda funny. Some call them clicky linear, as in you heard the sound, but won't feel (much) the bump on each stroke. I'd imagine there still is some tactility, considering it's how the click sound is generated.

on a side note -
they both have very short activation point, and speed silvers have a very light actuation force, so might be causing some unintentional clicking
They are somewhat similar to Blue cherry switch if I am not wrong. Not as Blue though.
Jul 21, 2021
62 posts
154 upvotes
EVGA has amazing products. This keyboard takes me back to the old days of IBM keyboards.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14176 posts
9475 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Ordered!

Had a 5% coupon and associate code, brought it down to 42.50 USD

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1517 posts
2531 upvotes
Vancouver
Huge amount of misinformation on this thread

1) ANY UPS service (ground etc) without brokerage included, you will get WRECKED with fees for this when it crosses border
2) Unless you prepay tax, you MIGHT get charged this when it crosses the border, this is SEPARATE from #1
3) Duties is SEPARATE from #1, #2 and #3, depends on what the item is, where its made

Everyone confuses all of the above with each other, all the time
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2912 posts
1562 upvotes
London
thegame99 wrote: EVGA has amazing products. This keyboard takes me back to the old days of IBM keyboards.
u can still buy those ibm model m keyboards there still being made to this day in the same factory in KY in the usa put together by hand. the company just last year release 2 new slimmer models to in addition to the old classic models.
Jul 21, 2021
62 posts
154 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: u can still buy those ibm model m keyboards there still being made to this day in the same factory in KY in the usa put together by hand. the company just last year release 2 new slimmer models to in addition to the old classic models.
Thanks. I did'nt know that. Now I am going to look into it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9485 posts
13054 upvotes
GT-EH
Yea, no deal /w brokerage fees.

EVGA needs to implement B&H photo for handling brokerages on our behalf with a fixed upfront price.

IMO - The gamble is not worth the deal.
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4738 posts
6468 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Cucumference wrote: I *just* ordered from EVGA with UPS Worldwide Expedited and they charge brokerage fee anyway, though it was only $16 for a $600 purchase. It is possible that they just messed up though. I will call them and ask about it.
Yeah, they definitely messed up. You should have been charged GST+HST on the non-discounted price of the item that EVGA lists for all shipments. And a $10 UPS fee.

So, for this keyboard, you'd be charged an additional $31.45 CAD, assuming 13% Ontario tax. So, about $95 all in for this keyboard in CAD.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)