• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 12:33 pm
[OP]
Dec 6, 2019
11 posts
2 upvotes

eviction in the pandemic

I want to know if courts are open to evict someone who doesn't pay rent. This person have been working for for about 2 month now and choose not to pay is rent . any help
8 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
10653 posts
6902 upvotes
Edmonton
str8star wrote: I want to know if courts are open to evict someone who doesn't pay rent. This person have been working for for about 2 month now and choose not to pay is rent . any help
First off, you may want to post a location.

Second, are you talking residential tenancy? You may want to post in the Real Estate sub-forum. With a location.

C
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
33450 posts
3615 upvotes
Winnipeg
The pandemic quarantine is over as of today, so they will start process the paperwork which must been backlogged to the moon by this point.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6197 posts
1278 upvotes
Toronto
I thought, JT is encouraging landlords to apply for the 75% rent subsidize.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
10653 posts
6902 upvotes
Edmonton
divx wrote: The pandemic quarantine is over as of today, so they will start process the paperwork which must been backlogged to the moon by this point.
Has any province announced they're starting to process evictions based on non-payment of rent? From what I looked at, BC, AB, ON, and QC are still status quo with regards to that. Some of them are starting (or have started) to hold in-person hearings for other things, though.

C
Deal Guru
Jul 17, 2008
10735 posts
3446 upvotes
str8star wrote: I want to know if courts are open to evict someone who doesn't pay rent. This person have been working for for about 2 month now and choose not to pay is rent . any help
To confirm you are talking about a business?

Seems you are directing it to a person, at which point this is the wrong topic for your thread. I think the Income - Real estate is more adequate
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
33450 posts
3615 upvotes
Winnipeg
CNeufeld wrote: Has any province announced they're starting to process evictions based on non-payment of rent? From what I looked at, BC, AB, ON, and QC are still status quo with regards to that. Some of them are starting (or have started) to hold in-person hearings for other things, though.
C
I think the process for commercial and residential tenant is different.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
10653 posts
6902 upvotes
Edmonton
divx wrote: I think the process for commercial and residential tenant is different.
I think the OP was referring to residential, as they ended up posting in the Real Estate forum. With a location.

C
Oct 11, 2013
153 posts
34 upvotes
Almost American
OP - Start the eviction process anyways. It's going to take you months anyways.