Expired Hot Deals

[Future Shop] EXCLUSIVE: Full, High-Resolution Future Shop Boxing Day Flyer, French & English

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2010 10:40 pm
Dec 24, 2006
249 posts
Brampton
Is the deal for the Sennheiser HD 438's any good? $50 seems pretty good for them, unless there's a better option than them? they are pretty ugly though
Dec 30, 2007
842 posts
40 upvotes
dreamaz wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 3:21 pm
Question guys ...

I'm moving into a new place in April - does it make sense for me to buy the appliances etc now at these deals or wait it out?

Depends: do you have a place to store them until you move?

and

Which ones are you looking at? The amana's were on sale for (I believe) $850.00 within the last few weeks. I was thinking of buying them then but held off. So, really, the boxing day price is only $50.00 less than a regular sale price.....

Decent prices on TVs but nothing to get all horned up about. The 55 on the cover is a good deal but not compared to the toshiba that was on Sig's sale last week for the same price...plus I will never buy an LG product ever again......
The Cheaper the better
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4663 posts
1064 upvotes
Vancouver
IMO,pretty disappointing sale. I wonder when BB will come out with theirs
Oct 9, 2010
158 posts
31 upvotes
That flyer makes me want to throw up. Every item that looks like a decent deal has been on sale for cheaper in the past month.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2981 posts
1137 upvotes
I had the exact same situation last year. Futershop would not delay delivery, but Sears did. I bought everything at a massive discount on boxing day and had everything delivered April 27th. Also, they price matched Futureshop. I went on the 27th. It was no issue because Futureshop almost always adds more quantity for their appliance deals so Sears dud not give me any trouble with the price match.
Deal Fanatic
May 28, 2002
8292 posts
98 upvotes
Kitchener
DAMN, that 2 meter Monster high-speed HDMI cable for $70 is an absolute steal!!
Jul 23, 2008
734 posts
140 upvotes
KIRKLAND
I know what I'm getting... :lol:
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
1134 posts
275 upvotes
I saw a cpl deals that some will jump on.. Mostly, I think I'll just be buying blurays from FS this year...unless I see something on their website that isn't in the flyer.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7124 posts
174 upvotes
BC
I got a TV yesterday and come Boxing Day, it will be cheaper by $400. What are my chances of getting it price-protected?

Should I just refund and wait for Boxing Day?

I am getting the TV delivered this thursday so it won't be much of a hassle to refund for me.
insert witty comment
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
1134 posts
275 upvotes
manixc wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 4:27 pm
I got a TV yesterday and come Boxing Day, it will be cheaper by $400. What are my chances of getting it price-protected?

Should I just refund and wait for Boxing Day?

I am getting the TV delivered this thursday so it won't be much of a hassle to refund for me.

I made a point of asking a manager at my local FS if the price protection included boxing day and he told me with out a doubt that boxing day prices will not be honored through their price protection. I asked him why not, because whats to stop people from just buying the same model and then returning it with the older receipt. He laughed and said "it is what it is" Corporate makes the rules. I wouldn't even risk it. Return now and buy on BD if that's the TV you want.
Aug 8, 2005
729 posts
10 upvotes
Near Halifax
dgnr8 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 3:57 pm
I had the exact same situation last year. Futershop would not delay delivery, but Sears did. I bought everything at a massive discount on boxing day and had everything delivered April 27th. Also, they price matched Futureshop. I went on the 27th. It was no issue because Futureshop almost always adds more quantity for their appliance deals so Sears dud not give me any trouble with the price match.

FWIW I had a similar experience and Sears was VERY accommodating. To make a long story short - I ended up having to change the delivery date 3 times pushing it out a total of 6 months and Sears made it happen for me at no extra charge. I also found the price of Sears extended warranty's for appliances were MUCH less than those available through FS.
Hmm ... I've saved TONS of money yet I'm still broke. Oh yeah - I've got LOTS of toys to show for my savings. <--- Typical RFD way of thinking :D
Aug 8, 2005
729 posts
10 upvotes
Near Halifax
MikeAK wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 4:33 pm
I made a point of asking a manager at my local FS if the price protection included boxing day and he told me with out a doubt that boxing day prices will not be honored through their price protection. I asked him why not, because whats to stop people from just buying the same model and then returning it with the older receipt. He laughed and said "it is what it is" Corporate makes the rules. I wouldn't even risk it. Return now and buy on BD if that's the TV you want.
I asked the same question at FS yesterday when I bought a portable external HD that was already on sale. Initially I was told I was "fully price protected" unit Jan 2 but when I questioned further I was told it did not included "limited quantity boxing day items".
Hmm ... I've saved TONS of money yet I'm still broke. Oh yeah - I've got LOTS of toys to show for my savings. <--- Typical RFD way of thinking :D
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
1134 posts
275 upvotes
Boardman wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 4:38 pm
I asked the same question at FS yesterday when I bought a portable external HD that was already on sale. Initially I was told I was "fully price protected" unit Jan 2 but when I questioned further I was told it did not included "limited quantity boxing day items".

FS - "Limited Quantity BD Items" = everything we sell...lol :lol:
Dec 30, 2007
842 posts
40 upvotes
hyperion wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 4:00 pm
DAMN, that 2 meter Monster high-speed HDMI cable for $70 is an absolute steal!!

You do realize that monster brand cables are just marketing hype right? There have been many tests (and the results posted online) and there is NO discernable difference between a $70.00 cable and a $20.00 cable as long as they are both of the same version.....I believe the current version is 1.4......

Infinite Cables are about $6.00 for the same length..........
The Cheaper the better