Expired Hot Deals

[Future Shop] EXCLUSIVE: Full, High-Resolution Future Shop Boxing Day Flyer, French & English

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2010 10:40 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
19264 posts
957 upvotes
MrCheap wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 4:57 pm
You do realize that monster brand cables are just marketing hype right? There have been many tests (and the results posted online) and there is NO discernable difference between a $70.00 cable and a $20.00 cable as long as they are both of the same version.....I believe the current version is 1.4......

Infinite Cables are about $6.00 for the same length..........
Don't worry, Hyperion knows ... We RFDers just love to have some fun with these Monster deals :lol:
Oct 9, 2010
158 posts
31 upvotes
MrCheap wrote:
You do realize that monster brand cables are just marketing hype right? There have been many tests (and the results posted online) and there is NO discernable difference between a $70.00 cable and a $20.00 cable as long as they are both of the same version.....I believe the current version is 1.4......

I believe his sarcasm went right over your head.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
1134 posts
275 upvotes
I would think he was having fun at FS's expense

Edit.. HAHA.. others beat me to it..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7847 posts
366 upvotes
Brampton
RobbieG wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 3:20 pm
Whoa....Ontario flyer.... Energy RC-70's for $500 each! I may jump on that and upgrade from my RC-50's.

yea that deal stood out for me as well but Still out of my price range. I was hoping more mid range speakers would be on sale.
Also was hoping for more audio deals but only the high end stuff has good deals.

Nothing really interesting for me.

However does anyone have an opinion on that klipsh sub for $199? Seems like a good price but how is the sub and what class of speakers would go well with it?
Jul 15, 2008
507 posts
20 upvotes
MrCheap wrote:

Umm, I use monster cables and I swear by them! The picture and audio is absolutely stunning compared to the $20 cables! $70 is, in fact, a steal. I hope I can get my hands on a couple come BD.

/sarcasm

Pretty sure the other guy was being sarcastic too...
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
1134 posts
275 upvotes
eesh wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 5:08 pm
Umm, I use monster cables and I swear by them! The picture and audio is absolutely stunning compared to the $20 cables! $70 is, in fact, a steal. I hope I can get my hands on a couple come BD.

/sarcasm

Pretty sure the other guy was being sarcastic too...

You know whats funny?.. How many times do we hear people say "I use monster cables and I swear by them! The picture and audio is absolutely stunning compared to the $20 cables! $70 is, in fact, a steal." :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7124 posts
174 upvotes
BC
MikeAK wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 4:33 pm
I made a point of asking a manager at my local FS if the price protection included boxing day and he told me with out a doubt that boxing day prices will not be honored through their price protection. I asked him why not, because whats to stop people from just buying the same model and then returning it with the older receipt. He laughed and said "it is what it is" Corporate makes the rules. I wouldn't even risk it. Return now and buy on BD if that's the TV you want.
Boardman wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 4:38 pm
I asked the same question at FS yesterday when I bought a portable external HD that was already on sale. Initially I was told I was "fully price protected" unit Jan 2 but when I questioned further I was told it did not included "limited quantity boxing day items".

Return it is!

edit: even if I can't get it on BD, I can just get it again afterward. I'm not really in a hurry for a TV.
insert witty comment
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
1134 posts
275 upvotes
JoKeRr wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 5:18 pm
hm, 0 Nikon DSLR on sale, darn..

Don't worry.. we still have a bunch of flyers coming our way. I'm sure you'll see some.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1046 posts
131 upvotes
I'm in the market for a TV and I was waiting eagerly for these flyers. Unfortunately, the sales are somewhat disappointing. Most of the prices are ~$100 cheaper than good sales that come up here frequently and often, they are the same.

So I guess for me it makes little sense to line up in the cold.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2273 posts
289 upvotes
North York
was looking some good deals for DSLRS.. apparently last year XSi kit at 599 is much better.
Feb 23, 2002
590 posts
29 upvotes
Noticed that other F Shop flyers on page 3 show a LG 42" LCD TV on for $480 to $500 depending on location except in MB. There the flyer shows the Samsung 40" LCD TV that is also shown on page 5 in the MB flyer. :(
Sep 30, 2001
27711 posts
6793 upvotes
Toronto
thankfully there is nothing of interest for me so that's one less store to fight through on that day. having said, any opinions on:

monster turbine earphones
lexar 16gb sdhc vs duracell 16gb sdhc (appears to be c6 vs c10?)