Expired Hot Deals

Google Nexus 9 LTE $469 + FS

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2015 3:05 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
Mar 26, 2015
233 posts
569 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Google Nexus 9 LTE $469 + FS

Deal Link:
Price:
469
Google Nexus 9 Tablet (Unlocked, LTE, 32GB, Indigo Black)
On sale at Expansys Canada for only $469.99 w/ free shipping

Google Store sells the same for $699.


Technical Details

System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
Processor: 2.3 GHz / Quad Core / Nvidia Tegra K1 / GPU: Kepler DX1
Memory: Internal: 32 GB / RAM: 2 GB
Display: 8.9" / IPS LCD / Resolution: 2048 x 1536 pixels / 281 ppi
Camera: 8 Mpixels / Flash: LED / Video: 1080p @ 30fps / 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus / Front: 1.6 Mpixels
Network: 4G: LTE Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20 / 3G: 850/900/AWS/1900/2100 MHz / GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
SIM type: nano-SIM
Wireless: Bluetooth: 4.1 / DLNA / Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
29 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
2018 posts
414 upvotes
GTA
Doesn't show Free Shipping for me...$25CAD.
Jr. Member
Mar 25, 2008
195 posts
207 upvotes
Kitchener
nice find, wish it launched at this price..
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 21, 2008
76 posts
26 upvotes
Spruce Grove, Albert…
You have to pay shipping but its still a large cost savings when compared to the Google Play store.

$702.45 (w/ GST) - Google Play
$518.44 (w/ GST + Shipping) - Expansys

Shipping will likely take longer but you're saving $184.01.
[OP]
Member
Mar 26, 2015
233 posts
569 upvotes
Montreal, QC
When I looked at the product page, I see a green banner across the top stating:

Information Google Nexus 9 32GB LTE available now for only $469.99 w/free shipping! Save Over $140!

(It's also on the Expansys Canada homepage as well...)
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
wow, tempting...this is the fastest tablet out there now? kills the latest ipad air? but its only 9 not 10 inches!

but got one bad review on that site?

[QUOTE]Wait for v2.0
Hardware all good, looks good, feels good. Software has been laggy and hangs from Day 1. Plagued by frequent random restarts and over heating. Becoming virtually unusable for any length of time over 10 minutes. Have been waiting for system update 5.1 which is not appearing. Gone back to Nexus 7 which is a buttery smooth dream in comparison. Would not recommend anyone buy until software update is made available to see if issues are fixed. [/QUOTE]


can we PM this at BestBuy?

nope: BB doesn't carry the LTE model :(
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Member
Sep 5, 2007
426 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
With expansys you won't get the full Google warranty. I'm speaking from my personal experience. Buy from Google.
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2010
979 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
Just got off the phone with a rep.
No free shipping to Canada.
Warranty is only 6 months (manufacturer repair).
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14387 posts
4375 upvotes
VANCOUVER
yp_1 wrote: Just got off the phone with a rep.
No free shipping to Canada.
Warranty is only 6 months (manufacturer repair).
Thanks, saved me a phone call.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 3, 2007
175 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
quasarito wrote: When I looked at the product page, I see a green banner across the top stating:

Information Google Nexus 9 32GB LTE available now for only $469.99 w/free shipping! Save Over $140!
Where? On the Canadian store.google.com? I see this "$669.00 Nexus 9 - Indigo Black, 32 GB, LTE" and nothing about saving $140.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
23726 posts
188648 upvotes
GTA
marvinandro wrote: Where? On the Canadian store.google.com? I see this "$669.00 Nexus 9 - Indigo Black, 32 GB, LTE" and nothing about saving $140.
Right on the Expansys.ca main page...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
11730 posts
4473 upvotes
mikka1989 wrote: wow, tempting...this is the fastest tablet out there now? kills the latest ipad air? but its only 9 not 10 inches!

but got one bad review on that site?


(
Could be an earlier OS.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35175 posts
8623 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
It says not in local warehouse on both the US and Canadian sites.

What does that mean? It is backordered and we have to wait several weeks to get it?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
This model is not American version of the nexus tablet, I believe that was mentioned somewhere on SD site.
Place Your Ad Here
Member
Jun 22, 2003
427 posts
36 upvotes
Gee wrote: It says not in local warehouse on both the US and Canadian sites.

What does that mean? It is backordered and we have to wait several weeks to get it?
I ordered one yesterday. It was picked up by Fedex in Bloomington, IL yesterday and it's scheduled to be delivered in Toronto tomorrow.
Member
Jun 22, 2003
427 posts
36 upvotes
Quick update. I've got the tablet updated and it's working fine on a Wind 1G data only plan. Very happy so far.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14387 posts
4375 upvotes
VANCOUVER
granto wrote: Quick update. I've got the tablet updated and it's working fine on a Wind 1G data only plan. Very happy so far.
Can you roam in the US with the data-only plan? Is it 5 cents per MB like the phone data plans?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2601 posts
487 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
granto wrote: Quick update. I've got the tablet updated and it's working fine on a Wind 1G data only plan. Very happy so far.
Any customs brokerage fee?

Top