Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Expedia

*2019 - Luck of the Draw Edition* Upcoming Expedia 95% off Hotel Code (Cyber Monday), Plus $200 off $200+ Flights!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 10:53 am
Nov 8, 2019
6 posts
5 upvotes
ccomkim wrote: I am not fully understood what you mean.
If they charged us with HST, then would it be affecting the Taxes & fees: $86.32 ? the $132.66 is Hotel Fees(Paid at hotel).
https://ibb.co/LgWCHgH

This is what i mean. I was charged $92.10, I was supposed to be charged $408.98 *.05 * 1.13 = $23.107 not $92.10 . Call Expedia and get the difference reimbursed for your case as well.
Feb 25, 2018
296 posts
222 upvotes
ccomkim wrote: Thanks I made it in third attempt. 95%

Price summary
Price breakdown
Room price: $289.57
3 nights: $154.97 avg./night
12/10/2019: $219.95
12/11/2019: FREE
12/12/2019: $244.95
95% off select hotel bookings in the app. -$441.65
Extra guest fee: $180.00
Taxes & fees: $86.32

Hotel Fees (Paid at hotel) $132.66

Estimated Total: $422.23
$289.57 collected by Expedia. Additional fees will be collected by the hotel
Stay 2 nights and get the 2nd night free
Prices shown after $244.95 savings
Curious, which hotel and what dates?

I tried 3 this morning and none accepted the code.
Jan 28, 2008
415 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RickL34391 wrote: https://ibb.co/LgWCHgH

This is what i mean. I was charged $92.10, I was supposed to be charged $408.98 *.05 * 1.13 = $23.107 not $92.10 . Call Expedia and get the difference reimbursed for your case as well.
Thanks so much!
I called Expedia, and they will email me.
Jan 28, 2008
415 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Fathamsta wrote: Curious, which hotel and what dates?

I tried 3 this morning and none accepted the code.
I tried with TI Las Vegas. :) Dec 10 -13
May 4, 2018
3 posts
4 upvotes
FWIW I was able to get the max amount ($500 USD) for this deal in a roundabout way. I completed my booking with the code then called in to complain. They refunded me $500 USD. Was totally shocked as it’s Expedia after all ...

Jan 28, 2008
415 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
the brother wrote: How much will the flight be?
I booked at $160 RT, however, i believe it is $270+ now
Apr 8, 2013
122 posts
63 upvotes
Ontario
RickL34391 wrote: https://ibb.co/LgWCHgH

I think I was over charged taxes as well but they are telling me i was not. What do you think? I think i should of been charged $307.54 but i could be wrong. Not sure where the 59.60 comes from?

Price breakdown
Room price: $331.76
2 nights: $170.10 /night
20% off select hotels C$68.04
Taxes & fees: $59.60

Total: $331.76
Collected by Expedia For TD
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2174 posts
547 upvotes
St. Johns
roman777 wrote: FWIW I was able to get the max amount ($500 USD) for this deal in a roundabout way. I completed my booking with the code then called in to complain. They refunded me $500 USD. Was totally shocked as it’s Expedia after all ...

Interesting, I called to complain and they wouldn't budge. Not even a tiny discount was offered, they simply said that it was promoted as "Extremely limited" and thus couldn't honour any coupon.
Sep 6, 2006
291 posts
193 upvotes
RickL34391 wrote: Make sure to call Expedia, They accidentally charged the HST on total amount of price, I just got off the phone with them and they refunded me the HST on total and charged on the HST on credited Balance. Meaning your total should be $23.245 * 1.13 = $26.26 not $132.66
ccomkim wrote: Thanks so much!
I called Expedia, and they will email me.
PinballMark wrote: I think I was over charged taxes as well but they are telling me i was not.
They wouldn’t budge for me as well. They said that discount is only on the base rate of the room and not on the taxes as the hotel still expects to receive tax on base rate of room.

EDIT: Spoke to supervisor and they would only give me a coupon for the full amount of taxes that was charged.
Jan 28, 2008
415 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
swt_shelly wrote: They wouldn’t budge for me as well. They said that discount is only on the base rate of the room and not on the taxes as the hotel still expects to receive tax on base rate of room.

EDIT: Spoke to supervisor and they would only give me a coupon for the full amount of taxes that was charged.
Good thing you got a coupon at least. I called them, and they wouldn't give me anything because it is the correct amount of tax.
I was on the call for more than 30 min, and got nothing. I am happy with the deal though.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2174 posts
547 upvotes
St. Johns
I tried complaining again and hit them with every single term and condition and how the booking met the conditions. Especially the term that states a hotel is eligible if the code is successfully applied and the discount is reflected on the booking page. He kept trying to find issues with the hotel not being eligible or the date etc... but I always had a counter that clearly contradicted his point. Ultimately the guy gave up and basically said the system for processing bookings was poor and that was likely the reason I couldn't complete the reservation. I pressed him multiple times to see if Expedia would offer ANY discount in lieu and he said no they would not be offering anything. The only thing he would do is to ensure IT and Management were aware of the issue so it wouldn't happen again, which of course is laughable.
Jan 28, 2008
415 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RyanS219 wrote: I tried complaining again and hit them with every single term and condition and how the booking met the conditions. Especially the term that states a hotel is eligible if the code is successfully applied and the discount is reflected on the booking page. He kept trying to find issues with the hotel not being eligible or the date etc... but I always had a counter that clearly contradicted his point. Ultimately the guy gave up and basically said the system for processing bookings was poor and that was likely the reason I couldn't complete the reservation. I pressed him multiple times to see if Expedia would offer ANY discount in lieu and he said no they would not be offering anything. The only thing he would do is to ensure IT and Management were aware of the issue so it wouldn't happen again, which of course is laughable.
Yeah, oh well. After spent 30 min on the call with them, I've given up on getting the over paid tax back. They kept told me that they cannot do anything about it. Well, even with the over paid tax, 95% discount still good deal for me, and dont want to waste any more frustrating time with them, I decided to settle with it.
Jan 22, 2007
979 posts
999 upvotes
did Expedia ever come out with a pre-xmas or Boxing Day deal this time? UK? USA?