Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Expedia

Another Expedia *HOT* Deal - $100(US) off any flight coupon! (on min $200+ booking) - BOOK ASAP!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2018 10:51 am
Dec 6, 2011
66 posts
16 upvotes
LAVAL
palaparapalapara wrote: right..next question....what is the email contant :)
a confirmation that credit was issued on form of payment

takes 3-5 days to appear
Jul 27, 2014
242 posts
981 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Yragorn wrote: Damnit so that means it won't work for us :( I got charged in full with no discount from air Canada. Got 24 hours to cancel
t-dot. wrote: also got charged full price without coupon (pending on cc)....how likely will the $100USD credit go through? considering cancelling if credit unlikely to go through....
belfour wrote: Expedia Receipt shows the $100 off.. So guess will wait for that credit back.

Don't worry that your CC is showing the full price of the ticket, it says right on the Expedia link:
· Enter the coupon code in the relevant field and then click the “Apply” button. If your booking is eligible, the applicable discount will be subtracted from the price of the travel reservation before the application of any taxes, applicable fees or additional costs.

· You will be billed in full by the airline and then credited back the coupon value by Expedia. Credit may take 7 to 10 days or more to appear on your statement, depending upon the issuing card bank.
Link: https://www.expedia.com/g/rf/app-coupon-flight

When booking/checking out and on your email receipt/confirmation right after - you should see the $100 credit there showing OK.

To clarify, this is DIFFERENT from the 90% codes for hotels - those ones the charge on CC is reflective of the discount right away.

That I believe is due to the difference in booking/ticketing methods between hotels vs flights (ie. blocks of allocated rooms vs. 'live' flight inventory), but not to worry - this is pretty standard for flight books/promos (ie. even the recent Masterpass promos direct through AC took 2-8 weeks for credit to show on CC; this one is sooner - few business days).

And for the actual ticket wise, I wouldn't worry especially once you get/have your ticket # confirmed and/or your booking code/reservation shows up fine on the actual (direct) airline site. :)
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13095 posts
883 upvotes
Toronto
wolfsburg04 wrote: I called and they confirm the credit was issue

they sent me an email for the credit
Didn't get the email yet... hopefully we don't have to call in and ask for it.
Nov 18, 2012
18 posts
4 upvotes
calgary
Here is the email that expedia sent me after getting off the phone with them:

We're writing to let you know that we've processed your refund.

Refund amount: USD 100.00

How you'll get your refund:
We'll apply your refund to
Visa ending in ****
Cardholder Name: *******

When you'll get your refund:
We processed your refund on December 13, 2018.
Financial institutions may take up to 15 days to post the credit to your account.
Please contact your credit card company or bank to check on your refund status.

We look forward to helping you with future travel plans.

Sincerely,
Expedia
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2674 posts
972 upvotes
Montreal
Just called expedia as well, CSR said the refund is already underway for me even after I explicitly said I was a non US resident and had doubts regarding the eligibility of the coupon. Will hold onto my flight at this point then and take his word for it. Hopefully I get a written proof too anytime soon
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
2234 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
anyone else got the $100 refund email besides having to contact expedia?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2828 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
Thanks OP. Saw this thread at the perfect time as I was looking to book my parents flights down south to spend the winter. Worked for me after reading the instructions and will let them know that they will get refunded after they are charged.
Public Mobile $34/50GB-CAN-US/30 days
Dec 13, 2018
3 posts
10 upvotes
I haven't gotten any e-mail, but for my booking made ~24 hrs ago my AMEX is already showing a $133 CAD credit.

Nothing on VISA yet.

I have not contacted them in any way.
May 15, 2018
49 posts
19 upvotes
Tried some YVR to HKG flights, coupon code did not work.
Jul 27, 2014
242 posts
981 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Yragorn wrote: Just called expedia as well, CSR said the refund is already underway for me even after I explicitly said I was a non US resident and had doubts regarding the eligibility of the coupon. Will hold onto my flight at this point then and take his word for it. Hopefully I get a written proof too anytime soon
XSnapSX wrote: anyone else got the $100 refund email besides having to contact expedia?
There's no separate e-mail (required) to confirm you'll get the refund, don't worry.
It's clearly on their main deal page that says full ticket price will be charged initially, but the credit will be applied in a few days - this is normal.

As @Yragorn just posted also, Expedia CSR already saw/said the credit was already underway (before and w/o having to call).
Mar 26, 2010
216 posts
116 upvotes
just booked a round trip for YVR - YYZ mid May!

worked flawlessly

Any experience with Air Transat? Came out to be 230USD which is a pretty damn good deal
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2828 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
Wanted to switch the return date of my booking so I went to change the flight online, Expedia.com told me to cancel and rebook, so I cancelled and now it says I can't use the coupon code anymore b/c I already used it. Argh! Called them and they can't/won't do anything about it.

OP you may want to add it's one time use. Agent also said it was targeted.
Public Mobile $34/50GB-CAN-US/30 days
Apr 8, 2017
70 posts
48 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Flight Toronto (YYZ) -> Shanghai (PVG) by China Eastern Airlines works.

Price summary
Traveler 1:Adult $495.23
Flight $209.00
Taxes & Fees $286.23
Coupon. -$100.00
------------------------------------------------
Total $395.23
All prices are quoted in USD.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
Not working for YYZ - MSY. Also tried YYZ to HND. Not working.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Worked for me YYZ-LAS last night - it has to be slightly more than $200 US before taxes. I tried a bunch of $294 all-in and non worked, but $304 all-in worked...
Nonetheless, I cancelled it in case it is voided due to non-US resident. Also, I probably don't need a Vegas trip:P

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)