• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2019 2:00 pm
[OP]
Mar 30, 2010
316 posts
166 upvotes
Calgary

Expedia Price match guarantee (hotels)

Anyone used this? Was expedia picky or pretty easy to deal with. I am debating cancelling and re-booking on hotels.com to save $150 or submitting a price match guarantee request ... Any experience?
2 replies
Nov 9, 2013
706 posts
230 upvotes
Vancouver
I have used it with success a couple times... got the difference plus a $50 voucher. Take screen shots showing the entire price and room type etc so it is nice and clear.

Only time I had a hassle though with a European hotel as they wanted a copy of the hotel receipt scanned to them within 10 days of the stay (while I was still travelling), so they denied me based on the fact I sent it in when I returned home beyond the 10 days. I can’t recall why this one was a different procedure but I had never been required to do that before.
Jan 23, 2017
74 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
I used this for the first time last year, had a very good experience. I called Expedia to tell them I saw the price lower, they told me the price matching procedure of taking screen shots and filling out the form. They even booked the hotel I wanted (at the higher price) and called the hotel directly to ensure I could get the bedding preference I wanted.

The price matching process was pretty straightforward, they were not picky at all as I provided them what they needed. They approved it with a day or 2. Only thing was I had to followup with them after my stay to get the $50 voucher but at least they sent it without hassle after the reminder.