• Mar 9th, 2018 5:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18482 posts
6560 upvotes
Toronto

Experiences with claiming Koodo $100 referral offer

The $100 offer was only made available for a few days with stipulation that activation had to be done online. From the people I know, the offer expired before the SIM card order was ever shipped out. Notwithstanding this, those of us who completed step 1 of the referral process do have an email noting "$100 bill credit for a limited time!" In my opinion, we were not able to progress with step 2 due to no fault of our own as the time to ship the SIM card is totally under Koodo's control as is the duration of the offer. So, I think we have met the intent of being timely by simply registering the order prior to removal of the $100 referral offer.

I want to use this thread to record peoples experiences with claiming the $100. No doubt it will likely be challenging with results being all over the map. If they are going to use a technicality to deny us of the $100 referrals, we need to mount a challenge and involve the CCTS to the degree necessary. Please share personal experiences here so that Telus does not do a divide and conquer job on us. Perhaps we can break the 1600 CCTS complaints record from February.
1 reply
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10431 posts
9598 upvotes
From my experience, there is a buffer zone of a few days after the credit amount changed. Koodo still honors the previous referral amount. This time around, the period will be longer because of the backlog from the online orders.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $37 5GB plan, PM $7 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $115/6GB, $0 FPL home phone