• Jul 29th, 2020 12:31 am
[OP]
Jul 26, 2020
7 posts
1 upvote
ontario

Expert Advice Needed Buying BMW X3 2020

Hi All,

I am planing to buy BMW X3 XDrive30i Base MSRP 50,250 + (Premium Essentital)-$3900 + Metallic Paint($895) +Wireless charging configuration($350)

Sticker MSRP + Total = $55,395 + [ Fees +PDI+F+HST ] Extra

what should be a good deal in terms of price.I discussed with few dealer in GTA and they are not much Flexible with the price. [Giving around 4% off MRSP+Total]

How much is the negotiation room. Share your thought so that I can make a informed purchase.
Last edited by samKum on Jul 27th, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreams Unlimited
15 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31879 posts
18865 upvotes
Toronto
6% is standard discount off X3. Not sure if you have spoken to ALL the GTA dealers. If you have to, try out of town as well to cover all bases.

Could it be the dealers are getting an impression of you not being serious enough ? Once you lay down your desire to submit an offer, then I believe they can do the 6% + $2000 factory credit. Your fees should amount no higher than $3200 and mats/trunk tray are usually negotiated into the deal as no charge. If you can do all that, then you got yourself a decent/fair deal.
[OP]
Jul 26, 2020
7 posts
1 upvote
ontario
booblehead wrote: 6% is standard discount off X3. Not sure if you have spoken to ALL the GTA dealers. If you have to, try out of town as well to cover all bases.

Could it be the dealers are getting an impression of you not being serious enough ? Once you lay down your desire to submit an offer, then I believe they can do the 6% + $2000 factory credit. Your fees should amount no higher than $3200 and mats/trunk tray are usually negotiated into the deal as no charge. If you can do all that, then you got yourself a decent/fair deal.
Thanks for your advice . Let me have a talk with out of town dealership. Any recommendations there? I am thinking St. Catharine, Hamilton.

After doing some research - I found that one can get around invoice price or even lower than that as dealer have different kick back channels for incentives on sales .
hence I gave an offer of 10% off but they let me walk out without any deal. I believe I was being too tight here. :twisted:
Dreams Unlimited
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31879 posts
18865 upvotes
Toronto
St. Catherine is a waste of time. But try anyway.

Endras ? You tried ?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31879 posts
18865 upvotes
Toronto
samKum wrote: Thanks for your advice . Let me have a talk with out of town dealership. Any recommendations there? I am thinking St. Catharine, Hamilton.

After doing some research - I found that one can get around invoice price or even lower than that as dealer have different kick back channels for incentives on sales .
hence I gave an offer of 10% off but they let me walk out without any deal. I believe I was being too tight here. :twisted:
Don’t forget some dealers are accustomed to x% off on their side and they will then add in the factory credit .

By telling dealer you offer 10%, dealer will also have to add the factory credit.

Thus far, for current model year, I have not seen or heard anyone in this forum that they were successful in getting 10% dealer side discount alone on new + whatever factory credit on top.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
7201 posts
6383 upvotes
7% + factory incentive

Friend's sister got a X3 M for 7% off plus the factory incentive on top recently (maybe a month or two ago?)
[OP]
Jul 26, 2020
7 posts
1 upvote
ontario
Not yet .will connect with them tomorrow
Dreams Unlimited
[OP]
Jul 26, 2020
7 posts
1 upvote
ontario
@StatsGuy 7% Thats good deal. Do you mind sharing the dealership
Dreams Unlimited
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
7201 posts
6383 upvotes
samKum wrote: @StatsGuy 7% Thats good deal. Do you mind sharing the dealership
believe it or not, it was Pfaff (Markham) but they are long time customers of the dealer so they get lower prices than the "no haggle" pricing at pfaff.

I think typically Endras is quite competitive with their pricing, so maybe give them a try. I think there's a BMW sales on here as well that i've seen from the BMW thread
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31879 posts
18865 upvotes
Toronto
YUp. He does it now at the parent auto group level , looking after corporate /fleet customers . From my recollection, his offering was still no better than we have been saying all along.

Pm @wbaggia then
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2221 posts
2462 upvotes
Toronto
2020 X3 inventory across the country is abysmal at the moment due to production interruptions.

Probably the worst time to be looking for a deal on one tbh.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19122 posts
18989 upvotes
Richmond Hill
xjesterxx wrote: 2020 X3 inventory across the country is abysmal at the moment due to production interruptions.

Probably the worst time to be looking for a deal on one tbh.
But but but RFD said there would be a fire sale due to the pandemic.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1215 posts
669 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wireless charging on the X3 is extremely slow and it heats up your phone a lot. I don't think it's a good option to have.. and 80% of the time it doesn't work.
Aug 8, 2004
604 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
patrickkc wrote: Wireless charging on the X3 is extremely slow and it heats up your phone a lot. I don't think it's a good option to have.. and 80% of the time it doesn't work.
Do you have a 2020 or a 2019 X3 and are you using iPhone or android?

I can't find if the 2020 wireless charger is QI EPP certified which allows for fast charging.

Apple released an update in iOS 13.1 (2019) which limits the charging speed to 5W if the charger isn't EPP (extended power profile) certified so I was just thinking that might be part of the issue.

Either way, $350 is a joke of a price. It's best to buy your own EPP certified charger like the xiaomi one for $50 on aliexpress.. 20W max speed and has a silent fan to make sure the phone doesn't heat up much.

Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3827 posts
1087 upvotes
GTA
Driving a 2018 X3 30i.
I pre-ordered in October 2017, even before the very first G01 X3 was available in Canada, and still managed to get almost 6% off MSRP.

I just bought a wireless charger in rectangular shape from ebay and it's been working fine for last 3 years.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1215 posts
669 upvotes
Richmond Hill
michael007 wrote: Do you have a 2020 or a 2019 X3 and are you using iPhone or android?

I can't find if the 2020 wireless charger is QI EPP certified which allows for fast charging.

Apple released an update in iOS 13.1 (2019) which limits the charging speed to 5W if the charger isn't EPP (extended power profile) certified so I was just thinking that might be part of the issue.

Either way, $350 is a joke of a price. It's best to buy your own EPP certified charger like the xiaomi one for $50 on aliexpress.. 20W max speed and has a silent fan to make sure the phone doesn't heat up much.

I have a 2019, using iphone 11 pro max. Not sure if the new update made it slower but it was a cool feature when I first got it but then realized it was super slow charging and the light would always be orange ( not charging ). It makes the phone very hot as well, I've had a few times where I couldn't use the iphone because I got the over heat message.

I've rarely used the wireless charger since changing to the iphone 11 pro max, but back when I had the iphone x, I always had it on the charger and it was bad.