Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
87 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

.....Expired.... Delete

Edit: Due to potential of problems down the line don't want to risk my friend getting in trouble. Sorry for the Deletes.

Please mods Delete
Last edited by XSHABX on Jul 21st, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
64 replies
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
87 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Edit: Due to potential of problems down the line don't want to risk my friend getting in trouble. Sorry for the Deletes.
Last edited by XSHABX on Jul 21st, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1210 posts
419 upvotes
OP delivered... (& his/her friend)
Take my upvote OP.
Jul 5, 2013
808 posts
1163 upvotes
Saint John
WEST? because some of the products are different.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3807 posts
1652 upvotes
Edmonton
Can you do bonus redemption multiple times in separate transactions? I want to buy Tab A for $200 points and some household items for $50.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1446 posts
1522 upvotes
Halifax
fatestkid wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 10:06 am
Can you do bonus redemption multiple times in separate transactions? I want to buy Tab A for $200 points and some household items for $50.
yes.

Not to be a debbie downer (is that pc? or should it be a Donnie downer?) Anyways, I did upvote the OP, but this is a regularly scheduled event now. While it's nice to know a few extra days in advance, I am pretty sure that SDM doesn't want their flyers released early on a regular basis. If it was my friend, I would have them get the approval from their employer to release this info early. I am guessing based on them having to be discreet with photos on the first batch that the employer would not be happy with them doing this.

It would be a shame for the friend to be fired or reprimanded for an early look of something that is a very regular occurrence now at SDM.
Mar 14, 2018
180 posts
148 upvotes
Bummer! I was hoping to redeem 300k points for $450. My night cream is running low.

Thanks OP. Upvoted for the info.
Feb 20, 2008
288 posts
233 upvotes
tdracer wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 10:18 am
yes.

Not to be a debbie downer (is that pc? or should it be a Donnie downer?) Anyways, I did upvote the OP, but this is a regularly scheduled event now. While it's nice to know a few extra days in advance, I am pretty sure that SDM doesn't want their flyers released early on a regular basis. If it was my friend, I would have them get the approval from their employer to release this info early. I am guessing based on them having to be discreet with photos on the first batch that the employer would not be happy with them doing this.

It would be a shame for the friend to be fired or reprimanded for an early look of something that is a very regular occurrence now at SDM.

I sure do miss the ability to downvote replies.....
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1446 posts
1522 upvotes
Halifax
tinmack wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 11:58 am
I sure do miss the ability to downvote replies.....
Risking an issue with your employer for a few upvotes on a deals site doesn't seem like the best idea. Encouraging an employee to break an employers confidentiality is also not a good idea. I was just suggesting that if everything was on the up and up then the employer would have no issue letting employee photograph but they were sneaking around taking the pictures, so it seems to me that the employee knows they shouldn't be taking the info and sending it out.

If you endorse that kind of behaviour, that's fine. Instead of downvoting, you can always just ignore.

edit: Here's the quote from other thread that the employee may know they shouldn't be taking the info:

Like i said before I didn't take the pictures my friend did, he gave quick snap shots in his lunch room when it was empty so he had to be quick.

And here's a quote from another poster jEevion. I can't tell if it's serious or not. It may be.

This gives me chills - reminds me when I leaked many Wal-Mart Anniversary Flyer items like a week in advance back in 2007 which had a killer PS3 promo at the time. Did not post scans of the flyer though, which might have saved me from a lawsuit. One detective and one police officer were waiting for me at work (I worked at Wal-Mart as a manager) and they interrogated me for over an hour. Old store manager told me I should probably find a lawyer. I must have got lucky: no charges, but they fired me after a suspension.

And it all happened here. I think the mods at the time were forced to take everything down, but I have PM's from 2007 still from people asking about stuff lol.
May 21, 2017
5 posts
Nice ! I have just over 300,000 points. What would be the single best item (big ticket) to buy ? TV? electronics ?
Aug 8, 2017
229 posts
94 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Paulie20 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 1:05 pm
Nice ! I have just over 300,000 points. What would be the single best item (big ticket) to buy ? TV? electronics ?
Wondering the same thing
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
87 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I don't think so, points are limited from redemption on transit,tobacco, lottery and gift cards, and prescription based purchases.
Mar 14, 2018
180 posts
148 upvotes
tdracer wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:27 pm
Risking an issue with your employer for a few upvotes on a deals site doesn't seem like the best idea. Encouraging an employee to break an employers confidentiality is also not a good idea. I was just suggesting that if everything was on the up and up then the employer would have no issue letting employee photograph but they were sneaking around taking the pictures, so it seems to me that the employee knows they shouldn't be taking the info and sending it out.

If you endorse that kind of behaviour, that's fine. Instead of downvoting, you can always just ignore.

edit: Here's the quote from other thread that the employee may know they shouldn't be taking the info:

Like i said before I didn't take the pictures my friend did, he gave quick snap shots in his lunch room when it was empty so he had to be quick.

And here's a quote from another poster jEevion. I can't tell if it's serious or not. It may be.

This gives me chills - reminds me when I leaked many Wal-Mart Anniversary Flyer items like a week in advance back in 2007 which had a killer PS3 promo at the time. Did not post scans of the flyer though, which might have saved me from a lawsuit. One detective and one police officer were waiting for me at work (I worked at Wal-Mart as a manager) and they interrogated me for over an hour. Old store manager told me I should probably find a lawyer. I must have got lucky: no charges, but they fired me after a suspension.

And it all happened here. I think the mods at the time were forced to take everything down, but I have PM's from 2007 still from people asking about stuff lol.
Your second post is fair point. Your first post is condescending.

Tone matters.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
87 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
tdracer wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:27 pm

Funny Thing is, My friend says some regular customers that enter the SDM store ask for the early flyers themselves and since a lot of stores want those Customer Service Reports to be in the 70-80% Range they tend to give them out, though very selectively.

Also it depends on the owner of that Store, since i believe its Franchised to some degree. I think Policies range differently from store to store.
Last edited by XSHABX on Jul 20th, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.