Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2018

******EXPIRED******LAVA HOT!!!! iPhone 8 64gb OR Galaxy S9 for $0 on Koodo MEDIUM tab (may get GCs)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2018 3:33 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 14, 2017
103 posts
119 upvotes
Sale will not going to be extended. All phone prices will hike up and all gift cards with purchase will be gone. Any ome looking to get a phone can order theirs AONLINE until midnight or wait till boxing sale which would kick in mid December some time
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10666 posts
9782 upvotes
headleygrange wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 9:35 pm
Is this sale expected to continue rest of the week?
As OP said. It is too late to get it in-store. You can still get it online with out the GC. Without GC, it is not a hot deal anymore.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Aug 21, 2005
525 posts
41 upvotes
Vancouver
Argh the bestbuy system went down at the last step. It couldn’t sync with the koodle server. Waste of an hour
Dec 27, 2011
329 posts
65 upvotes
CALGARY
Called into Koodo after work to see if that phone upgrade hardware credit ($150 online, $125 instore) could be applied to the tab given that I paid $0 upfront for the iphone 8. I was told by a rep at Wow mobile and Bestbuy (where I ended up going) that the credit cannot be used since there is no upfront amount and is not transferrable to be applied to the monthly tab.

First agent with Koodo told me that the agents were wrong and should have applied $125 credit to my account to reduce the monthly tab and apologized for the mistake and offered me $50 credit to compensate me. He said to go back to that Bestbuy and sit down with the rep to dial the Koodo support to see if they can resolve the issue but I refused as I did not want to make another trip to Bestbuy and make another call and requested to speak to a manager or the support team myself. He kindly obliged and I probably waited an hour before I was connected with someone.

Was worth it in the end because she gave me $75 bill credit and $75 off remaining tab ($360 - $75 = $285) and I asked if they could waive the in store activation fee of $35 and she said yes!
Nov 26, 2018
4 posts
4 upvotes
Could someone tell me if Koodo has the Exynos or Snapdragon version of the phone? What model number does it have in settings > about?
Jan 19, 2007
538 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
snowplow1 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 3:18 am
Could someone tell me if Koodo has the Exynos or Snapdragon version of the phone? What model number does it have in settings > about?
My S9 is G960w which I believe is the Snapdragon. I'm with Koodo and just got it.
Aug 3, 2011
516 posts
41 upvotes
Edmonton
Can I still get this deal? Or is it expired?
Jun 4, 2011
106 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
no8t4 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 8:26 am
My S9 is G960w which I believe is the Snapdragon. I'm with Koodo and just got it.
Every S9 in Canada is a snapdragon.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2007
1105 posts
64 upvotes
Went to Walmart and got screwed over in my eyes. He compared both plans Fido and Koodo, and I asked what the differences were and the rep fails to mention that Fido would be $500~ more dollars on Fido to pay off the phone. I knew Koodo had the cheaper phone and I still can't quite comprehend how he failed to mention that Fido didn't have the same deal. What would you guys/gals do? I'm going into complain at minimum. The $500+ dollar sticker shock bugged the crap out of me.
All we need is love
Jun 4, 2011
106 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
MeDS wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 9:51 am
Went to Walmart and got screwed over in my eyes. He compared both plans Fido and Koodo, and I asked what the differences were and the rep fails to mention that Fido would be $500~ more dollars on Fido to pay off the phone. I knew Koodo had the cheaper phone and I still can't quite comprehend how he failed to mention that Fido didn't have the same deal. What would you guys/gals do? I'm going into complain at minimum. The $500+ dollar sticker shock bugged the crap out of me.
Not really his job to mention it, they are trying to sell you into phone plans not getting signups and having you leave. Its the way Fido has always worked, if you don't like it you are free to return everything within 14 days.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2007
1105 posts
64 upvotes
I felt mislead and lied to, when I flat out asked what the difference were.
All we need is love
Jul 30, 2010
122 posts
8 upvotes
Woodbridge
You absolutely got misled, he understood why you were there and knew he wouldn't get commission if you canceled. With that being said, you gotta do your due diligence before entering the store. I had one rep tell me I absolutely cannot cancel before 3 months and another tell me it would affect my credit score if I cancel before 6 months. I knew they were either lying or misinformed.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2007
1105 posts
64 upvotes
I really thought I did my do diligence :(.
All we need is love