Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2018

******EXPIRED******LAVA HOT!!!! iPhone 8 64gb OR Galaxy S9 for $0 on Koodo MEDIUM tab (may get GCs)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2018 3:33 pm
Tags:
May 7, 2012
791 posts
347 upvotes
MeDS wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 10:10 am
I really thought I did my do diligence :(.
Thanks to many in these thread I was successful with iPhones at Koodo. I called in afterwards and they gave me an extra 2GB/line too.

This be RFD and one of the guiding principles of successful deal acquisition starts like this:
"If at first you don't succeed....."

The other one I like is, "Don't take it personally" Haveaniceday ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1457 posts
801 upvotes
Calgary
is this offer valid still? or done?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2062 posts
69 upvotes
I'll inquire, too...is it done or still going on? Another question: what can you expect to pay on a 'Medium Tab?' I doubt any of these 'deals' will be better what I pay now - and I can use my own phone. I am interested in a good deal with the iphone 8, though.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2062 posts
69 upvotes
One more followup. I checked the Koodo website.... Please, someone let me know if I understand this accurately....E.g. #1: Certified/Pre-owned iphone 8 - e.g. of a tab small: (I think this is the best deal out of the choices - or the one I'm using for this particular e.g. anyway) pay $120 for the phone and if you pick the Unlimited (Small Tab plan) package, you pay $45/mth plus the $10 (tab) fee - and you pay the $10 for two years (adds up to $240) and then the monthly charge is the $45/mth? You owe what's left on the value of the phone (I think they value it @ $800).

Is that more or less the gist of it? Or have I completely misunderstood? Correct my example or edit/specify what the deal would be, please and thank you? I'm curious.

Oh forget it, I just noticed it's pay-per use data. I am wondering which plans are good for having at least 4gb of data - these tab plans don't look good at all to me. Someone will need to explain... I don't see what the big deal (pun intended?) is.... help???
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6504 posts
2417 upvotes
Canada
Not sure if it's necessary, but I went in and did the unlock process before cancelling.
Feb 28, 2008
803 posts
318 upvotes
Canada
teleguitar wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 1:11 pm
One more followup. I checked the Koodo website.... Please, someone let me know if I understand this accurately....E.g. #1: Certified/Pre-owned iphone 8 - e.g. of a tab small: (I think this is the best deal out of the choices - or the one I'm using for this particular e.g. anyway) pay $120 for the phone and if you pick the Unlimited (Small Tab plan) package, you pay $45/mth plus the $10 (tab) fee - and you pay the $10 for two years (adds up to $240) and then the monthly charge is the $45/mth? You owe what's left on the value of the phone (I think they value it @ $800).

Is that more or less the gist of it? Or have I completely misunderstood? Correct my example or edit/specify what the deal would be, please and thank you? I'm curious.

Oh forget it, I just noticed it's pay-per use data. I am wondering which plans are good for having at least 4gb of data - these tab plans don't look good at all to me. Someone will need to explain... I don't see what the big deal (pun intended?) is.... help???
After the $120 up front, you only owe $240 which you'll pay $10 monthly over 2 years.

Good thing you looked at the plans. In Ontario, Koodo's plans are expensive for newcomers. Better plans are available elsewhere if you shop around though. Good phone prices are only good for current customers who sometimes gotten good deals for good plans somehow.
Sep 16, 2014
47 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
Thank you all, this was the deal of the year for me. Got 2 keeping 1 so basically a free upgrade to a current flagship. No way I am paying around $1000 for a new phone

Hope there is another one closer to Xmas for those who missed out. If not watch out for BF 2019
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1457 posts
801 upvotes
Calgary
d1gdug wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 1:46 pm
Thank you all, this was the deal of the year for me. Got 2 keeping 1 so basically a free upgrade to a current flagship. No way I am paying around $1000 for a new phone

Hope there is another one closer to Xmas for those who missed out. If not watch out for BF 2019
Are you confirming the deal is over? or as you assuming the deal is over?
Apr 23, 2008
268 posts
3 upvotes
I'm able to order the iPhone 8 64GB on Tab Medium and add on my existing $60 10GB plan that I got last Christmas.

I've never had a Tab.. what happens when it runs out? Can I lose the plan? Is Koodo known to force customers to change plans? I hear Rogers does that often.

I might hold off for Christmas deals.
Nov 26, 2018
4 posts
4 upvotes
Havox07 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 9:08 am
Every S9 in Canada is a snapdragon.
That's too bad. May I ask how you know to a certainty?
Nov 26, 2018
4 posts
4 upvotes
Often phone plans have a time at the beginning you can cancel out of, at least that's how it used to work.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2007
1105 posts
64 upvotes
spydahman wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 4:00 pm
I'm able to order the iPhone 8 64GB on Tab Medium and add on my existing $60 10GB plan that I got last Christmas.

I've never had a Tab.. what happens when it runs out? Can I lose the plan? Is Koodo known to force customers to change plans? I hear Rogers does that often.

I might hold off for Christmas deals.
once the tab runs out you start paying less.
All we need is love
Sep 16, 2014
47 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
Suthek wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 2:05 pm
Are you confirming the deal is over? or as you assuming the deal is over?
Confirmed Deal is over, I am in BC. Was at London Drugs at 8:00pm PST before they closed yesterday

LD Price is now back up to $600 for the phone on the medium tab. PASS